Jump to topic:

Mass Shooting: Umpqua Community College

Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 9:11:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
A community college in Roseburg, Oregon was the unfortunate location of yet another mass shooting. CNN reports 10 killed, but local news station reports 13 (including the shooter) with 20 injured. The gunman was profiled as a 20 something young man who had a exchange later with cops, bullet wise. Knowing people all across Oregon and living here myself, thus hurts quite a bit and can only imagine the pain the friends and families will be going through. Near the science building, Snyder Hall, is where the shooting mainly occurred. The building is both meeting, workshop and classroom area.

On a side note, this crap is getting old and something needs to be done. I'm tired of living in a nation that is supposed to be "the greatest country on earth" yet does nothing about such events. This sickens me. A horrendous atrocity. I can only hope none of the people killed were anyone I know. I have yet to hear anything. This is in my backyard, and I was across the street when the shooting at the Clackamas Town Center happened. And I worked at the mall during that time, and lucky was not there.

CNN: http://www.cnn.com...

KGW: http://www.kgw.com...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 2:57:43 AM
Stefan Molyneux DESTROYING leftist reactions:
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 9:40:57 AM
At 10/3/2015 2:57:43 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

He didn't destroy us left. I n fact, he has lied quite a bit in that video. One that made me mad was the Gun Free Zone comment and the Airforce Vet being stopped only by a staffer and nothing else. He had also chose not to go. It wasn't completely because some Staffer stopped him. And the college is not a Gun Free Zone. Stephen Manure is a lair in parts of the video, and it greatly irritated me.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 3:25:10 AM
The media shouldn't give as much coverage to these events as it does. Less coverage would:
1. Deter fame-seeking shooters, if only slightly (who knows? it might prevent one or two shootings).
2. Keep the American public's emotions from being swayed by the media. Other than Fox News the media is extremely one-sided in regards to shootings and it's unfair emotional manipulation of the masses, who generally fail to take into proper context the facts about gun violence.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 2:25:02 PM
I wouldn't mind having a small elite class in ownership of guns, provided that I myself am part of that class! Go go gun bans! (do I get into the club now comrade?)
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 7:46:49 PM
At 10/3/2015 9:40:57 AM, Berend wrote:
At 10/3/2015 2:57:43 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

He didn't destroy us left. I n fact, he has lied quite a bit in that video. One that made me mad was the Gun Free Zone comment and the Airforce Vet being stopped only by a staffer and nothing else. He had also chose not to go. It wasn't completely because some Staffer stopped him. And the college is not a Gun Free Zone. Stephen Manure is a lair in parts of the video, and it greatly irritated me.

<whispers> what a tool this guy is