Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Big news

Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 2:49:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
As of 1:19 today, Sept 21, I am now a father to a little baby girl Corina Ann. Since I spend a large amount of time on DDO I thought I would let everyone know... I realize many of you will be concerned that I will be corrupting her mind with anarchist ideals but now that I just got a good job, have entered the middle class, and had a child, I figured it's time I start becoming a hardcore pro-life right-wing authoritarian to keep what I have secured for myself. The funny thing is, actually, coming home from my interview last month (I got over 50% raise from my previous position) I was listening to Mark Levin on the radio and it was freaky; I was so complacent with my new wage that everything he was saying, which would normally be acid poured in my eardrum, actually resonated with me. It is remarkable how easy it is to be a left-winger or an anarchist when you are scraping the bottom of society (what's a revolution to a hobo?), and then feel how it is to be comfortable and just want things to stay the way they are as safe and as secure as possible. Don't rock the boat, tip the scale, or re-deal the hand; I want things just the way they are! This seems to me what being conservative is about; it's like re-shuffling a game of cards if you have a commanding hand - you don't want to do it! But it's easy to talk about income redistributiong, levying taxes on business, and opening up tthe borders when you don't have a pot to piss in anyway.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 3:34:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If you change your philosophies that easily, you never actually believed in them.
Or you are Freedo.
(Sorry Freedo, I had to!)
I miss the old members.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 3:38:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Congratulations!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 3:42:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 2:49:24 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
As of 1:19 today, Sept 21, I am now a father to a little baby girl Corina Ann. Since I spend a large amount of time on DDO I thought I would let everyone know... I realize many of you will be concerned that I will be corrupting her mind with anarchist ideals but now that I just got a good job, have entered the middle class, and had a child, I figured it's time I start becoming a hardcore pro-life right-wing authoritarian to keep what I have secured for myself. The funny thing is, actually, coming home from my interview last month (I got over 50% raise from my previous position) I was listening to Mark Levin on the radio and it was freaky; I was so complacent with my new wage that everything he was saying, which would normally be acid poured in my eardrum, actually resonated with me. It is remarkable how easy it is to be a left-winger or an anarchist when you are scraping the bottom of society (what's a revolution to a hobo?), and then feel how it is to be comfortable and just want things to stay the way they are as safe and as secure as possible. Don't rock the boat, tip the scale, or re-deal the hand; I want things just the way they are! This seems to me what being conservative is about; it's like re-shuffling a game of cards if you have a commanding hand - you don't want to do it! But it's easy to talk about income redistributiong, levying taxes on business, and opening up tthe borders when you don't have a pot to piss in anyway.:

Why do you seem more focused on irrelevant, scathing diatribes and your persecution complex than your daughter? Can't we just congratulate you on you baby girl without politics ruining the moment?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 3:44:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If you're so comfortable and content, what's your profession and income?

For myself, even with my good profession and income, am still not happy with mandated working hours.

Also, living comfortable doesn't change my Anarchist ideals. Organization, order, and comfort are compatible with Anarchism.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 3:46:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm out of my mind with happiness but it doesn't make me any less radical, quite the contrary.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 3:47:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 3:42:36 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 9/21/2010 2:49:24 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
As of 1:19 today, Sept 21, I am now a father to a little baby girl Corina Ann. Since I spend a large amount of time on DDO I thought I would let everyone know... I realize many of you will be concerned that I will be corrupting her mind with anarchist ideals but now that I just got a good job, have entered the middle class, and had a child, I figured it's time I start becoming a hardcore pro-life right-wing authoritarian to keep what I have secured for myself. The funny thing is, actually, coming home from my interview last month (I got over 50% raise from my previous position) I was listening to Mark Levin on the radio and it was freaky; I was so complacent with my new wage that everything he was saying, which would normally be acid poured in my eardrum, actually resonated with me. It is remarkable how easy it is to be a left-winger or an anarchist when you are scraping the bottom of society (what's a revolution to a hobo?), and then feel how it is to be comfortable and just want things to stay the way they are as safe and as secure as possible. Don't rock the boat, tip the scale, or re-deal the hand; I want things just the way they are! This seems to me what being conservative is about; it's like re-shuffling a game of cards if you have a commanding hand - you don't want to do it! But it's easy to talk about income redistributiong, levying taxes on business, and opening up tthe borders when you don't have a pot to piss in anyway.:

Why do you seem more focused on irrelevant, scathing diatribes and your persecution complex than your daughter? Can't we just congratulate you on you baby girl without politics ruining the moment?

His daughter is less relevant than his "political diatribe" given this is Debate.org.

If he wants to talk about his daughter, he can go to a parenting website.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 3:48:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Rob1Billion's profile:

Ideology: Anarchist (O RLY?)
Income: less than 25,000 (O RLY?)
Relationship status: In a relationship(I'd assume you would be married if you had a kid)
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 3:50:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Congrats on the child! :)

As for your ideology, other people have made a point that you probably didn't believe in them that strongly. I have recently changed my ideology, but it took months of people trying to convince me and time doing my own research. Anyway, my point is that it doesn't make sense to change your ideology overnight. Take some time to find what you really believe in.
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 3:52:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If this isn't trolling then Congrats!
She's shares a birthday with some kick @ss people randing all the way from ..me.. to BILL FVCKING MURRAY
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:12:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why do you seem more focused on irrelevant, scathing diatribes and your persecution complex than your daughter? Can't we just congratulate you on you baby girl without politics ruining the moment?

You could, although if we didn't ruin the moment with politics it just wouldn't feel like DDO!
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:13:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 3:43:04 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This haaaas to be trolling lol.

But if it's not CONGRATULATIONS!

I wouldn't go THAT low, Freedo. TY
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:18:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 3:52:44 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
If this isn't trolling then Congrats!
She's shares a birthday with some kick @ss people randing all the way from ..me.. to BILL FVCKING MURRAY

Happy birthday! :)
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:19:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 3:44:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
If you're so comfortable and content, what's your profession and income?

I was making $9.50/hr at the callcenter working for tech support, now I am making $15.60/hr as a dispatcher for Schneider National. It's not enough to make me "comfortable and content" in the long run, but I definitely do feel the effects of it. Working for single-digits an hour and going to school (I grossed like $12k last year) makes it easy to be a left-winger/anarchist. But give that anarchist a lump of cash and watch the money turn them.

For myself, even with my good profession and income, am still not happy with mandated working hours.

I will probably return to my previous state soon, similar to you, however, the effects were marked and worth speaking about. If someone suddenly hired you as CEO of your company, you'd be surprised the effect it would have on you. Your family would now become dependent on your high wages and you would not want to "rock the boat" for example.

Also, living comfortable doesn't change my Anarchist ideals. Organization, order, and comfort are compatible with Anarchism.

Yes... But again, if you were a CEO (using an extreme for effect) you would have a lot to potentially lose by completely tearing down the current system and starting again. My position is nothing to brag about, but again, I felt a definite pull towards the right as soon as I upped my income.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:39:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why do people assume he's trolling?

I think what he's saying makes a lot of sense... As RR said in a recent thread, people only want a change if they have something to complain about (like being poor).

And congratulations, Rob! Please ignore ignorant comments like Freedo's implying you have to be married to have a kid. After all I might have one and I highly doubt I'll be married :p Congrats on the raise too :)
President of DDO
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:42:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 4:39:56 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Why do people assume he's trolling?

because what he said sounded like a sarcastic rant against conservatives. seriously. if he was being serious it wasn't at all obvious to me.

congrats on the baby girl though rob.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:51:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 3:46:21 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm out of my mind with happiness but it doesn't make me any less radical, quite the contrary.

It's not necessarily happiness that I'm describing Freedo; it's security. When you get a good position, a family... These things make you more apt to want things to settle down. You're not likely to be calling for a revolution with a good-paying position, kids in school, pensions/401k building up for you...
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:54:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 3:48:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Rob1Billion's profile:

Ideology: Anarchist (O RLY?)
Income: less than 25,000 (O RLY?)
Relationship status: In a relationship(I'd assume you would be married if you had a kid)

I was kidding of course, I am still an anarchist... I'm only part time at this point so I still qualify for <$25k, and the child was out of wedlock.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:56:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 4:42:25 PM, belle wrote:
At 9/21/2010 4:39:56 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Why do people assume he's trolling?

because what he said sounded like a sarcastic rant against conservatives. seriously. if he was being serious it wasn't at all obvious to me.

congrats on the baby girl though rob.

When it comes to me, usually, if you have to ask, I'm probably kidding.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 5:08:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 4:39:56 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Please ignore ignorant comments like Freedo's

At 9/21/2010 4:54:03 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
I was kidding of course,

You were saying?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 5:27:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 4:19:07 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
At 9/21/2010 3:44:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
If you're so comfortable and content, what's your profession and income?

I was making $9.50/hr at the callcenter working for tech support, now I am making $15.60/hr as a dispatcher for Schneider National. It's not enough to make me "comfortable and content" in the long run, but I definitely do feel the effects of it.

Nice. *thumbs up*

For myself, even with my good profession and income, am still not happy with mandated working hours.

I will probably return to my previous state soon, similar to you, however, the effects were marked and worth speaking about. If someone suddenly hired you as CEO of your company, you'd be surprised the effect it would have on you. Your family would now become dependent on your high wages and you would not want to "rock the boat" for example.

Honestly, I would say that I am comfortable and content for the most part as of now and don't care to change much either. There are very few things that directly affect my life that's a result of government, most of my quarrals have to do with principle, and the things that physically affect do hinder me enough to be a bit of a problem.

Also, living comfortable doesn't change my Anarchist ideals. Organization, order, and comfort are compatible with Anarchism.

Yes... But again, if you were a CEO (using an extreme for effect) you would have a lot to potentially lose by completely tearing down the current system and starting again. My position is nothing to brag about, but again, I felt a definite pull towards the right as soon as I upped my income.

I actually agreed with and understood much of what you initially wrote, it's just that I had a few qualms with it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:07:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/21/2010 2:49:24 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
As of 1:19 today, Sept 21, I am now a father to a little baby girl Corina Ann. Since I spend a large amount of time on DDO I thought I would let everyone know... I realize many of you will be concerned that I will be corrupting her mind with anarchist ideals but now that I just got a good job, have entered the middle class, and had a child, I figured it's time I start becoming a hardcore pro-life right-wing authoritarian to keep what I have secured for myself. The funny thing is, actually, coming home from my interview last month (I got over 50% raise from my previous position) I was listening to Mark Levin on the radio and it was freaky; I was so complacent with my new wage that everything he was saying, which would normally be acid poured in my eardrum, actually resonated with me. It is remarkable how easy it is to be a left-winger or an anarchist when you are scraping the bottom of society (what's a revolution to a hobo?), and then feel how it is to be comfortable and just want things to stay the way they are as safe and as secure as possible. Don't rock the boat, tip the scale, or re-deal the hand; I want things just the way they are! This seems to me what being conservative is about; it's like re-shuffling a game of cards if you have a commanding hand - you don't want to do it! But it's easy to talk about income redistributiong, levying taxes on business, and opening up tthe borders when you don't have a pot to piss in anyway.

Seriously, congrats Rob. It does change the equation a lot. I don't have kids, but i understand how things change when mega serious responsibilities are put upon you.

Now look at what you're paying in taxes and think about what could be done for your daughter with that money.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 6:56:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Lol Congrats on the kid.

For the right wingness lol.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 6:59:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Don't drop it. Advice from a virgin, but nonetheless a virgin who has handled many kids

And congratulations :) be sure you love her, babies can be a source of joy if you only have enough input.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.