Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

KKK Leak

Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 7:21:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The hacker group Anonymous has stated that on Thursday it will release the names of up to 1,000 individuals which it alleges to be either members of the Ku Klux Klan or connected with the Ku Klux Klan in retaliation for the KKK's threats of violence against Ferguson protestors.
Already several names on the list have been made public, including those of several mayors and 4 US senators, all Republican, but Anonymous has denied that they're responsible for the early releases and all individuals named so far have denied ties to the KKK. Hopefully this will be updated on Thursday whenever the leak happens.
Thoughts?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 7:40:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It will be interesting to see what, if any, evidence there is for these accusations. If these people are indeed members of the KKK, they should resign or lose their next elections.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 7:50:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/3/2015 7:21:38 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
The hacker group Anonymous has stated that on Thursday it will release the names of up to 1,000 individuals which it alleges to be either members of the Ku Klux Klan or connected with the Ku Klux Klan in retaliation for the KKK's threats of violence against Ferguson protestors.
Already several names on the list have been made public, including those of several mayors and 4 US senators, all Republican, but Anonymous has denied that they're responsible for the early releases and all individuals named so far have denied ties to the KKK. Hopefully this will be updated on Thursday whenever the leak happens.
Thoughts?

I was tempted to post this list when it came out (prematurely) the other day. My thoughts? Well.

1) Thanks Anonymous
2) Un-surprised that most are republicans
3) Want, and will be looking for the actual evidence.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 10:03:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/3/2015 7:50:25 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/3/2015 7:21:38 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
The hacker group Anonymous has stated that on Thursday it will release the names of up to 1,000 individuals which it alleges to be either members of the Ku Klux Klan or connected with the Ku Klux Klan in retaliation for the KKK's threats of violence against Ferguson protestors.
Already several names on the list have been made public, including those of several mayors and 4 US senators, all Republican, but Anonymous has denied that they're responsible for the early releases and all individuals named so far have denied ties to the KKK. Hopefully this will be updated on Thursday whenever the leak happens.
Thoughts?

I was tempted to post this list when it came out (prematurely) the other day. My thoughts? Well.

1) Thanks Anonymous
2) Un-surprised that most are republicans
3) Want, and will be looking for the actual evidence.

Actually, the names released so far are probably those of innocent people. The Thursday list is what'll probably be legit.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 10:04:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was tempted to post this list when it came out (prematurely) the other day. My thoughts? Well.

1) Thanks Anonymous
2) Un-surprised that most are republicans
3) Want, and will be looking for the actual evidence.

Actually, the names released so far are probably those of innocent people. The Thursday list is what'll probably be legit.

We will not know that till then, however I would expect nothing different.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 10:06:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/3/2015 10:04:39 PM, TBR wrote:
I was tempted to post this list when it came out (prematurely) the other day. My thoughts? Well.

1) Thanks Anonymous
2) Un-surprised that most are republicans
3) Want, and will be looking for the actual evidence.

Actually, the names released so far are probably those of innocent people. The Thursday list is what'll probably be legit.

We will not know that till then, however I would expect nothing different.

In any case, the 4 men mentioned are not well known. It's not anyone like Jeb Bush, Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, John McCain, or John Boehner. Just obscure senators who are probably innocent anyway.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 10:22:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/3/2015 7:40:30 PM, bsh1 wrote:
It will be interesting to see what, if any, evidence there is for these accusations. If these people are indeed members of the KKK, they should resign or lose their next elections.

If it's anything like that dating site leak it will be a bunch of real names for credibility and a few fake names mixed in, as an attempt at political assassination .
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 10:46:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/3/2015 10:22:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/3/2015 7:40:30 PM, bsh1 wrote:
It will be interesting to see what, if any, evidence there is for these accusations. If these people are indeed members of the KKK, they should resign or lose their next elections.

If it's anything like that dating site leak it will be a bunch of real names for credibility and a few fake names mixed in, as an attempt at political assassination .

So you think the Ashley Madison hack was a fake?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 2:03:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/3/2015 10:46:32 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/3/2015 10:22:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/3/2015 7:40:30 PM, bsh1 wrote:
It will be interesting to see what, if any, evidence there is for these accusations. If these people are indeed members of the KKK, they should resign or lose their next elections.

If it's anything like that dating site leak it will be a bunch of real names for credibility and a few fake names mixed in, as an attempt at political assassination .

So you think the Ashley Madison hack was a fake?

No, but some fake names were found to be mixed in with the real names. There were even a few suicides that were seen to be as a result of the leaks, and when looked into were found to be innocent victims who had never been on the site.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:43:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 2:03:52 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/3/2015 10:46:32 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/3/2015 10:22:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/3/2015 7:40:30 PM, bsh1 wrote:
It will be interesting to see what, if any, evidence there is for these accusations. If these people are indeed members of the KKK, they should resign or lose their next elections.

If it's anything like that dating site leak it will be a bunch of real names for credibility and a few fake names mixed in, as an attempt at political assassination .

So you think the Ashley Madison hack was a fake?

No, but some fake names were found to be mixed in with the real names. There were even a few suicides that were seen to be as a result of the leaks, and when looked into were found to be innocent victims who had never been on the site.

GOt a good link for this?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:53:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 11:43:06 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/4/2015 2:03:52 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/3/2015 10:46:32 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/3/2015 10:22:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/3/2015 7:40:30 PM, bsh1 wrote:
It will be interesting to see what, if any, evidence there is for these accusations. If these people are indeed members of the KKK, they should resign or lose their next elections.

If it's anything like that dating site leak it will be a bunch of real names for credibility and a few fake names mixed in, as an attempt at political assassination .

So you think the Ashley Madison hack was a fake?

No, but some fake names were found to be mixed in with the real names. There were even a few suicides that were seen to be as a result of the leaks, and when looked into were found to be innocent victims who had never been on the site.

GOt a good link for this?

Nope, just saw a few instances of leaks being falsely reported on facebook and took the word of fellow facebookers.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:54:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nope, just saw a few instances of leaks being falsely reported on facebook and took the word of fellow facebookers.

Yea, I am not willing to believe that.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 11:56:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/4/2015 11:54:41 PM, TBR wrote:
Nope, just saw a few instances of leaks being falsely reported on facebook and took the word of fellow facebookers.

Yea, I am not willing to believe that.

Where did you hear the leaks from? Are you really saying that not a single instance of a misreported person's name being leaked occurred?

Even without news reports from either position, what does Occam's Razor suggest?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2015 12:02:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Even without news reports from either position, what does Occam's Razor suggest?

There is little reason to think they went to the trouble of finding these details in ANOTHER set of data to insert in THIS dataset, right?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2015 12:06:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/5/2015 12:02:16 AM, TBR wrote:
Even without news reports from either position, what does Occam's Razor suggest?

There is little reason to think they went to the trouble of finding these details in ANOTHER set of data to insert in THIS dataset, right?

I'm also talking about mistakes in news reports, or intentionally lying on the part of multiple websites. Not to mention the information was gathered from emails of those who signed up, and it's kinda easy to use another person's email to create an account on the site, or another person's name on your email account
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2015 4:16:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is stupid. I think the greatest fear to America right now is Black Live's Matter. This movement is ran by a Communist movement who wants tyranny and power over, not only whites, but also everyone. Black Lives Matter? All lives matter, my friend. Black, white, red, and yellow. And that's what Democracy and freedom is about. Freedom for all. Common law for everyone. That's what America means. The slogan Black Live's Matter has racism written all over it.
The KKK is such a small problem in America today. Let me ask you this. Are they killing cops? Are they killing black people? Are they burning Baltimore down and costing business owners millions and millions of dollars?
I ask you again. Who's more of a threat? KKK? Or Black Live's Matter?
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 7:53:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/3/2015 7:21:38 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
The hacker group Anonymous has stated that on Thursday it will release the names of up to 1,000 individuals which it alleges to be either members of the Ku Klux Klan or connected with the Ku Klux Klan in retaliation for the KKK's threats of violence against Ferguson protestors.
Already several names on the list have been made public, including those of several mayors and 4 US senators, all Republican, but Anonymous has denied that they're responsible for the early releases and all individuals named so far have denied ties to the KKK. Hopefully this will be updated on Thursday whenever the leak happens.
Thoughts?

All I can say is that they better be 100% sure that those they are accusing are guilty. It would be cruel to falsely accuse anyone of belonging to that group.