Jump to topic:

Terrorism is always evil

mendel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 3:16:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The fact is that the vast majority of countries do not condemn act of terror against Israelis. So for example in the last 2 months two terrorists took over a bus for a few minutes and killed a few people and injured a bunch, a mother and father were killed in front of their children, a father and his son were shot to death in front of the whole family, two people were stabbed to death in a synagogue, and the list goes on and on.

Now i have a point i'm trying to make and it's this. The definition of terrorism is deliberate and intentional targeting of civilians for the purpose of killing or maiming to further a political goal. Fair enough? i think most of you would agree with this definition. Terrorists are not guerrilla fighters as they would like to be considered, for they are the exact opposite of a guerrilla fighter. Guerrilla fighters you see, fight against those that are stronger than them i.e. against an army by way of guerrilla warfare, terrorists on the other hand prey on the weak, they don't want to fight armies they look for women and children they look for the most vulnerable and softest target - innocent civilians - and strike.

So let us do away with the nonsense of "one mans terrorist in another mans freedom fighter" This philosophy is killing the west in general and pulls out the rug from us being able to combat terrorism efficiently because we don't believe in the justice of our side.

In simple words if terrorism is sometimes justifiable and not to be considered evil and hated and condemned, then one has conceded the point that there's no real morality and it's all just very subjective. So in essence take the Paris attack, the essence of the argument can no longer be that they're evil because they're terrorists because one has conceded the point that depending on the political cause terrorism can be justified. So now the only real argument against the Paris attack it that you don't agree with their political cause. But don't we all know that in politics there can be no consensus and many will disagree and opinions will be numerous.

Do you see now what i'm saying by the western world not always condemning terrorism (as it has gone on for decades against Jews) they have A. allowed it to become a legitimate method of combat B. taken away the moral clarity in the fight against these savages C. as an extension of b have turned it into a political discussion rather than the truth which is that this is a war between an evil ideology and goodness and kindness implanted in us by our creator.
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 4:12:18 AM
I'll go with this one:

(A)
involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended"
(i)
to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii)
to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii)
to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping
mendel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 5:06:50 PM
What you wrote is perhaps an example of the definition for a court of law in a specific country (the USA). I was speaking about something much broader, universal values where we can draw the line between the civilized man and the savage.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2015 2:49:38 PM
"Terrorism is always evil" Of course it is. Terrorists always attack the people who have nothing to with or have control over their delusional grievances. I say delusional because you have to be delusional in the first place if you think killing people who have no power to change anything will get the desired result.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
DeinFerm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:12:35 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Murder and war will be evil forever, what we call it is what changes. Frankly this strategy and tactic is a result of the modern era. I think ISIS is a enemy not to be underestimated, ignored or given mercy. I respect my enemy, I know my enemy is, smart, clever, educated, and very motivated. You can call Terrorism evil if you want, it's nothing more than a strategy, that every nation and every army has used since the dawn of Human kind. Fear is a powerful emotion that can be exploited or calmed. Fear can create a army hell bent on destruction and vengeance, or it can bring a free society crashing down into slavery. I really don't think that ISIS is thinking political gains or losses. Don't call anyone names dude, their hardly savages, since their conducting a campaign of domination of not only physical land, cites etc.. but their also waging a war on minds. The news,and leaders call ISIS; Barbarians, Barbaric, Savage, Savages, mindless murderers and rapists, that is propaganda 101 right there, to Dehumanize ISIS so the people don't feel anything when told of their horrible deaths. So terrorism is to me is a key part to any war, if you want to win war, you can pretend that huge army of soldiers, tanks, and planes only kill bad guys and never ever killed civilians.
One of the most important way to win a war is to erode and destroy the enemies means to produce war, so lets go down the list; factories, farms, transportation, electricity, and finally the most important one.... manpower, the number of available humans must be lowered. Now your saying to yourself, "that's a load" I'm afraid not, terror, fear and oblivion are the emotions of war, and the innocent will always sufferer, the helpless will always be a target. See this is why I respect them, I'm mostly talking about the fighters in Iraq and Syria, those souls have the strength, willpower to fight and defeat their enemies no matter the cost. Remember, there Human Beings, not demons or monsters, but people, that have come together to fight for a greater good, their destroying everything they see as evil, wrong, unnatural, and sinful. ISIS dose all these horrible things, yet people are flocking to them, why is that? You can sit in your high horse, and look at everything as good vs evil if you want, the problem is, it is only valid if you look at it in one way. The USA is good and dose no bad, and brings peace, justice and freedom to world because WE say so. Sound warped and not true? What? No the USA using propaganda in a war, no, The USA is good, and its enemies are bad and evil. Should I name our enemies that we fought, ok; All Native American tribes, Great Britain, Spain, France, Mexico, Spain, Itself, Germany, Italy, Austria, The Ottoman Empire, Japan, Germany, Italy, Korea, China, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iraq. So in that list who wasn't called inhuman, monsters, or evil that needed to be stopped? Its real easy to just accepted the lie everyone tells you is the truth and just go on with life, but I'm not built like that. The US Government and its military have the blood of uncountable innocent civilians, murdered in the name of good, justice, and freedom. Human beings who use terrorism as a tool like it was a fork, to achieve their own agenda is always evil. Human Beings that use mass hysteria that's brought about by terror, fear, or despair to achieve personal rewards is always evil. When a person is murdered for being nothing less than a person is always evil.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 7:19:39 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
All is fair in love and war is the general principle appiled in human conflict.
In many cases we find years later governments holding talks with former terrorists.
Talking starts when killing cannot gain the desired objective.
Steven Pinker in 'The Better Angels of Our Nature' believes we are in the most peaceful period of human history , not because humanity has improved but because war no longer pays well.