Iran tests rocket, defies UN

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 9:49:56 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
http://mobile.reuters.com...
In October Iran tested its Emad medium range rocket, which is capable of carrying a nuclear payload. The test was in violation of a UN Security Council resolution, and the White House has not ruled out the use of sanctions in retaliation.
Thoughts?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 11:36:00 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/15/2015 9:49:56 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
In October Iran tested its Emad medium range rocket, which is capable of carrying a nuclear payload. The test was in violation of a UN Security Council resolution, and the White House has not ruled out the use of sanctions in retaliation.
Thoughts?
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:06:31 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 9:49:56 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Thoughts?

A UN resolution was violated?! Wow, no one saw that coming...

But they should be slammed with sanctions until they learn to accept the fact that the rest of the world won't allow them to have any chance of nuclear missiles or weapons of any kind.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
AbuJarir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 1:13:04 AM
At 12/20/2015 1:06:35 AM, j50wells wrote:
Nothing new. Nothing that can be posted here that hasn't already been talked about.

I fear these rockets will be in the hands of those fantastics calling themselves the houthis very very soon
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 1:41:28 AM
Always a concern. Truth is that when nuclear weapons were developed, it left the world in a precarious predicament. No matter how hard we tried to regulate and police these weapons, it was just a matter of time, through corruption, that these weapons would fall into the wrong hands. Obama didn't help.
We will see the detonation of nuclear weapon in a large city, very soon. It will happen. It can't be policed forever.
It won't stop here, however. Newer technologies are coming. These technologies are very dangerous. They will get into the wrong hands at some point. We are in a modern day version of the Game of Thrones. Those who hold the technological power will thrive, and usurp authority by vote, or by threat. In truth, Democracy will be threatened by these newer technologies.
There's a new movement called Trans-humanism. This new movement is in address to the newer technologies. Trans-humanists believe in better health and longer lives for human beings. It is the only hope for the future. If you knew anything about the technologies of the near future, you would see that we are on the cusp of finding a new, and better way of living. But it won't be easy. If these technologies fall into the wrong hands we could see thousands of years of slavery, and terribleness.
AbuJarir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 2:04:45 AM
@j50wells
As much as I hate the Iranian Neo-Safawi Satanic Paganistic Theocracy Im 99.9% they'll never use a nuke for a list of reasons I'll explain later on or some other time.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:06:12 AM
You have to study future technology to understand where we are going. Think about the word internet. No one in the 1980's had any understanding of the word. Internet was a nerdy word. But today it has transformed everything at such a level that it is just as important as the Industrial Revolution. Newer technologies will be just like the internet. They will be powerful, very powerful, able to transform our future and how we think, act, and feel, but they will transform us at a deep level, since they will have the power to transform our bodies and minds. These technologies will take 20-30 years to take ahold, just like the internet did.
brycef
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2015 1:55:17 AM
It warrants a closer look at Iran, but I find it very unlikely they'll do anything that would upset the West (or Israel) - the Iranian establishment have always been political realists, and good ones at that. Even Ahmadinejad, as crazy as he was, was completely strategic - every time he antagonized people, he was doing so strategically. Honestly, if they were gonna use something like that on an enemy, the only target I can imagine would be ISIL.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 11:47:45 PM
Uh oh Iran defined the UN? They are gonna get it now. BWAHAHAHAHA
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%