flight ship

darkhearth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2010 6:16:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
ALL FROM BBC WORLD NEWS (NOT ORIGINAL)

Virgin Galactic suborbital spaceship, Enterprise, has made its first solo test flight, in California.

The spaceship was carried to an altitude of 45,000ft (13,700m) by an aeroplane and then dropped to glide back to the Mojave Air and Space Port.

Enterprise will soon be taking people prepared to pay $200,000 (£126,000) on short hops above the atmosphere.

The British billionaire behind the project, Sir Richard Bronson, was on hand to witness the drop test.

"This was one of the most exciting days in the whole history of Virgin," the entrepreneur said.

"For the first time since we seriously began the project in 2004, I watched the world's first manned commercial spaceship landing on the runway at Mojave Air and Space Port and it was a great moment."

Virgin Galactic is aiming to become the world's first commercial space line, and has already taken deposits from 370 customers who want to experience a few minutes of weightlessness on a suborbital flight.
The Enterprise ship is based on the X-Prize-winning SpaceShipOne vehicle, which made history in 2004 by successfully flying to 100km (60 miles) in altitude twice in a two-week period.

The new ship, built by Mojave's Scaled Composites company, is bigger and will be capable of carrying eight people - two crew and six passengers.

When it eventually enters service, Enterprise will be carried to its launch altitude by the "Eve" carrier plane before being released in mid-air. Enterprise will then ignite its single hybrid rocket engine to make the ascent to space.

Although Eve and Enterprise have made several test flights together, Sunday was the first time the spaceplane had been released at altitude.

Two pilots were at the controls, Pete Siebold and Mike Alsbury. They guided the ship back to the Mojave runway.

The entire flight took about 25 minutes. On later test flights, Enterprise will fire its rocket engine.

Only when engineers are satisfied all systems are functioning properly will passengers be allowed to climb aboard

ALL FROM BBC WORLD NEWS (NOT ORIGINAL)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2010 7:55:42 AM
At 10/10/2010 6:16:54 PM, darkhearth wrote:

The British billionaire behind the project, Sir Richard Bronson, was on hand to witness the drop test.

Whose that then?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
darkhearth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 4:12:16 PM
He was the person who licensed the technology for the flight ship. He is also in the Top ten billionaire list for years (since age 16)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 9:49:55 AM
At 11/1/2010 4:12:16 PM, darkhearth wrote:
He was the person who licensed the technology for the flight ship. He is also in the Top ten billionaire list for years (since age 16)

I think that might be Sir Richard Branson.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 9:52:29 AM
At 11/2/2010 2:08:19 AM, innomen wrote:
Is it me or do they throw around that title "Sir" like fake college diplomas, or Nobel peace prizes?

Such titles are given to anyone who donates enough to the party in power or/and whose elevation is seen to be socially inclusive.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 9:54:04 AM
I sure hope they do more of an actual test flight then just having another plane carry it up to 45,000 ft and letting it glide back down. If I were to fork over that kind of money, I'd want to see it actually do a dry run (probably half a dozen times).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 10:13:52 AM
At 11/2/2010 9:52:29 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Is it me or do they throw around that title "Sir" like fake college diplomas, or Nobel peace prizes?

Such titles are given to anyone who donates enough to the party in power or/and whose elevation is seen to be socially inclusive.

That's very cynical but I do agree that some knighthoods are undeserved, for example: "Sir" Elton John was knighted for "services to music" - what a joke!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
darkhearth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 9:37:11 PM
At 11/2/2010 9:49:55 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:12:16 PM, darkhearth wrote:

I think that might be Sir Richard Branson.

Yes, Thats him i must have misspelled his last name
darkhearth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2010 9:38:38 PM
At 11/2/2010 9:54:04 AM, OreEle wrote:
I sure hope they do more of an actual test flight then just having another plane carry it up to 45,000 ft and letting it glide back down. If I were to fork over that kind of money, I'd want to see it actually do a dry run (probably half a dozen times).

or perhaps get in one
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 4:52:32 AM
At 11/2/2010 10:13:52 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

That's very cynical but I do agree that some knighthoods are undeserved, for example: "Sir" Elton John was knighted for "services to music" - what a joke!

In the past you had to murder a few thousand foreign types to qualify for a knighood.
darkhearth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 5:27:28 AM
At 11/3/2010 4:52:32 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

In the past you had to murder a few thousand foreign types to qualify for a knighood.

This is the modern days and not the fuedal days.
wierdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:18:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2010 5:27:28 AM, darkhearth wrote:

lol
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 9:47:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/3/2010 5:27:28 AM, darkhearth wrote:

I'm sure someone would knight you if you started making Muslim on a stick.