Juan Williams Fired

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2010 1:45:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.foxnews.com...

NPR, semi public private company fired Juan for what he said. "The truth is that I worry when I am getting on an airplane and see people dressed in garb that identifies them first and foremost as Muslims." Fired for telling the truth.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2010 3:41:58 PM
NPR's biggest mistake, perhaps, is making this look like a host is being fired over making a counter-liberal statement. NPR makes a genuine effort to remain unbiased (even if it's not always successful) and this firing works against that effort. What a debacle. FOX is going to be all over this one to twist the knife and maybe that's not a bad thing. Whoever made the decision to fire him should be fired.
no comment
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 7:46:57 AM
At 10/21/2010 3:41:58 PM, Caramel wrote:
NPR's biggest mistake, perhaps, is making this look like a host is being fired over making a counter-liberal statement. NPR makes a genuine effort to remain unbiased (even if it's not always successful) and this firing works against that effort. What a debacle. FOX is going to be all over this one to twist the knife and maybe that's not a bad thing. Whoever made the decision to fire him should be fired.

You're kidding right? Name two conservatives on NPR. They aren't just making it look like it was for not being liberal enough, they came right out and specifically said this was the reason for him being fired. Because this is a welfare radio company, i.e. they function by tax payer's supplement, he should sue. If it were a private corporation, it would be okay to let him go.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:13:56 AM
At 10/21/2010 1:45:43 PM, innomen wrote:

NPR, semi public private company fired Juan for what he said. "The truth is that I worry when I am getting on an airplane and see people dressed in garb that identifies them first and foremost as Muslims." Fired for telling the truth.

I personally didn't like him that much, but I think he's got a lot of balls to say it on national television...
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:14:47 AM
At 10/22/2010 7:46:57 AM, innomen wrote:
At 10/21/2010 3:41:58 PM, Caramel wrote:

You're kidding right? Name two conservatives on NPR. They aren't just making it look like it was for not being liberal enough, they came right out and specifically said this was the reason for him being fired. Because this is a welfare radio company, i.e. they function by tax payer's supplement, he should sue. If it were a private corporation, it would be okay to let him go.

They aren't supposed to be liberal or conservative on NPR. They are supposed to present stories from the most unbiased perspective possible. They often give conservatives airtime (just heard an hour-long interview with the Huckster a few weeks ago) and I've seen conservatives come in and wipe the floor with everyone in there WITHOUT contest, and without being muted, hollered over, or challenged in any way from the moderater (see if a liberal gets away with that on the O'Reilly Factor). Now, they do end up still tipping the scale to the left. This is justified by merely pointing out that discussions about sociology and science usually do favor the left inherently. There is no way to talk about many issues from a "right" standpoint without flying in the face of well-established scientific studies, or basic logic (e.g., DADT, Global Climate Change, anything remotely having to do with religion), so it just seems natural for the scales to be tipped this way. There's no way they can pull off what FOX does, after all, for obvious reasons and there's no reason to draw an arbitrary line in the sand for "moderate" and adjust the programming to fit.

As far as suing goes, NPR has taken enough damage over this already without being sued because it was a stupid move. Juan now can go to another network and talk all day about how NPR wronged him and people aren't going to want to donate when they hear his story.
no comment
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:34:49 AM
http://www.npr.org...

I've been reading up more on this story... Apparently he said it on FOX, not NPR. Honestly, this is starting to look like a pre-planned plot from FOX more and more. First, they get him on the O'Reilly factor, and get him to say something just controversial enough to break his contract with NPR, then wait for the inevitable response from NPR, now they just *happen* to be using this as an excuse to get NPR's funding revoked? Sorry, this doesn't look like serendipity to me. This is an attack on NPR from FOX, plain and simple. NPR has no way to attack FOX like this, because FOX can fire anchors at the drop of a dime for not being conservative enough and no one is going to care.

I will have to retract my comments from my original post because I didn't hear the whole story yet (funny how the average person gets a different angle when they decide to do some research). These media wars have to stop. Media is for the people, and this capitalistic BVLLSH1T where they compete is not working the people who are trying to stay informed.
no comment
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 9:51:29 AM
At 10/22/2010 9:34:49 AM, Caramel wrote:

I've been reading up more on this story... Apparently he said it on FOX, not NPR. Honestly, this is starting to look like a pre-planned plot from FOX more and more. First, they get him on the O'Reilly factor, and get him to say something just controversial enough to break his contract with NPR, then wait for the inevitable response from NPR, now they just *happen* to be using this as an excuse to get NPR's funding revoked? Sorry, this doesn't look like serendipity to me. This is an attack on NPR from FOX, plain and simple. NPR has no way to attack FOX like this, because FOX can fire anchors at the drop of a dime for not being conservative enough and no one is going to care.

I will have to retract my comments from my original post because I didn't hear the whole story yet (funny how the average person gets a different angle when they decide to do some research). These media wars have to stop. Media is for the people, and this capitalistic BVLLSH1T where they compete is not working the people who are trying to stay informed.

But lots of americans think it... Muslims... radical ones... took down the twin towers, and it's muslims that make people nervous on planes...

I'm not saying it's right to assume someone is guilty until proven innocent, but people don't always think in what is considered "the right way"

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 10:00:18 AM
At 10/22/2010 9:51:29 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
But lots of americans think it... Muslims... radical ones... took down the twin towers, and it's muslims that make people nervous on planes...
Perhaps I should fear that a gay man might rape me on the plane? Perhaps I should fear that a black man could eat me on the plane because I have heard of stories about blacks being cannibals? Perhaps I should not fly with an U.S. plane because it just might be fueled with kerosene from Iraq? Perhaps I should fear Japanese people in a plane because they were mastering kamikaze through planes? Perhaps I should fear Americans because they bombed quite a lot of nations with their planes? What is the matter with all of you? Shame on this disgraceful person for boasting about his "fear" of Muslims on a plane. Shame on him and all that he has. He is a shame to your entire nation. He deserved to be fired forever. He makes people look negatively at Muslims through such a comment. We all have our fears, and some people ever fear blacks and all their cultures, and saying it on national TV is outrageous. People like him are a disease to every good moral value.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 10:59:14 AM
At 10/22/2010 10:00:18 AM, Mirza wrote:
Perhaps I should fear that a gay man might rape me on the plane? Perhaps I should fear that a black man could eat me on the plane because I have heard of stories about blacks being cannibals? Perhaps I should not fly with an U.S. plane because it just might be fueled with kerosene from Iraq? Perhaps I should fear Japanese people in a plane because they were mastering kamikaze through planes? Perhaps I should fear Americans because they bombed quite a lot of nations with their planes? What is the matter with all of you? Shame on this disgraceful person for boasting about his "fear" of Muslims on a plane. Shame on him and all that he has. He is a shame to your entire nation. He deserved to be fired forever. He makes people look negatively at Muslims through such a comment. We all have our fears, and some people ever fear blacks and all their cultures, and saying it on national TV is outrageous. People like him are a disease to every good moral value.:

The question is whether or not you'd feel the same way about any of those other things. Would you be as indignant as you are now, or are you simply offended because you are a Muslim? What if he were fired for making some comment about how he doesn't trust Jews with his money? Would you be up at arms over that?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 11:20:31 AM
At 10/22/2010 10:59:14 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
The question is whether or not you'd feel the same way about any of those other things. Would you be as indignant as you are now, or are you simply offended because you are a Muslim? What if he were fired for making some comment about how he doesn't trust Jews with his money? Would you be up at arms over that?
As far as my memory is concerned...

And that is not even a Jew, but the very opposite of me.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 12:21:24 PM
Perhaps I should fear that a gay man might rape me on the plane? Perhaps I should fear that a black man could eat me on the plane because I have heard of stories about blacks being cannibals? Perhaps I should not fly with an U.S. plane because it just might be fueled with kerosene from Iraq? Perhaps I should fear Japanese people in a plane because they were mastering kamikaze through planes? Perhaps I should fear Americans because they bombed quite a lot of nations with their planes? What is the matter with all of you? Shame on this disgraceful person for boasting about his "fear" of Muslims on a plane. Shame on him and all that he has. He is a shame to your entire nation. He deserved to be fired forever. He makes people look negatively at Muslims through such a comment. We all have our fears, and some people ever fear blacks and all their cultures, and saying it on national TV is outrageous. People like him are a disease to every good moral value.

Exactly.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 12:26:33 PM
to be honest... i would be a little nervous too. that doesn't mean its rational, and i certainly wouldn't ACT on those feelings... because i know better. but i don't see whats so evil about admitting that you have those feelings. its trying to act like they're justified thats wrong.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 12:29:40 PM
At 10/22/2010 12:26:33 PM, belle wrote:
to be honest... i would be a little nervous too. that doesn't mean its rational, and i certainly wouldn't ACT on those feelings... because i know better. but i don't see whats so evil about admitting that you have those feelings. its trying to act like they're justified thats wrong.

I'd be nervous is I was sitting on a plane and someone was on a laptop and whispering something that sounded threatening.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 2:36:28 PM

You're out of your mind. Did you even hear the NPR rep specifically say he was being fired because they are, you know....liberal, and he has been having some statements that were not consistent with who they are.
HELLO!!!! You're okay with that? So, i really shouldn't be surprised that the first amendment isn't all that important, or any sort of integrity in journalism.

- Seriously, it would be okay if they were what they truly aspire to be: some freak lefty based outfit, coming out of a basement in Cambridge. I'd be fine with that, but they have my money - they use my money to promote leftist crap.

You blame Fox in this? Oh yeah, and did Fox or NPR Chief Executive Vivian Schiller suggesting that Williams needs psychiatric attention? Or how about NPR announcing a new grant—$1.8 million from leftist billionaire George Soros to hire 100 new reporters.
"media is for the people" - Yeah right Caramel.

They should have their funding pulled immediately, and there is no good reason to fund them. There should be a separation of press and state more so than church and state.

You really see no problem with NPR firing him for telling the truth, of which is not so outlandish, but committed the sin of being politically incorrect. I'm just stunned that you are this far gone. That his first amendment rights are of no value, when compared to the liberal trump card of being non PC.

The smug and elitist double standard is bad enough, but my tax dollars going into that tool of leftist indoctrination is outrageous. Let them survive on their own without sucking at the public mammary.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 8:56:30 PM
At 10/22/2010 2:36:28 PM, innomen wrote:

You're out of your mind.

A fair observation.

Did you even hear the NPR rep specifically say he was being fired because they are, you know....liberal, and he has been having some statements that were not consistent with who they are.

Yes.

HELLO!!!! You're okay with that? So, i really shouldn't be surprised that the first amendment isn't all that important, or any sort of integrity in journalism.

FOX fires people all the time for not being conservative. Who cares? So they are taking your tax dollars. Welcome to the club, Innoman, we are the proletariat and the wealthy and powerful take our money and have their way with us. If you don't want to participate in our system, then Ragnar says you have the choice not to and you can live off the land and pick berries.

- Seriously, it would be okay if they were what they truly aspire to be: some freak lefty based outfit, coming out of a basement in Cambridge. I'd be fine with that, but they have my money - they use my money to promote leftist crap.

You blame Fox in this? Oh yeah, and did Fox or NPR Chief Executive Vivian Schiller suggesting that Williams needs psychiatric attention? Or how about NPR announcing a new grant—$1.8 million from leftist billionaire George Soros to hire 100 new reporters.

They should have their funding pulled immediately, and there is no good reason to fund them. There should be a separation of press and state more so than church and state.

There's no separation of "press" and anything. That's the nature of being the press.

You really see no problem with NPR firing him for telling the truth, of which is not so outlandish, but committed the sin of being politically incorrect. I'm just stunned that you are this far gone. That his first amendment rights are of no value, when compared to the liberal trump card of being non PC.

Since when does the first amendment have anything to do with what we are talking about? Can I go into work tomorrow and say whatever I want while protecting myself with the first amendment? The first amendment means absolutely nothing. It is a slight guideline for lawmakers to mention on occasion. Freedom of speech isn't even a fundamental right (as is freedom of expression) - which means the government can take it at any time for any reason they'd like. When we are talking about keeping your job, you have way less liberty than that even.

The smug and elitist double standard is bad enough

I see this more on the right then the left. I think Rush Limbaugh is the most smug elitist thing ever...

, but my tax dollars going into that tool of leftist indoctrination is outrageous. Let them survive on their own without sucking at the public mammary.

So I imagine you will tell me that it's just a coincidence that last week Juan Williams was a conservative working for NPR and now, after he and FOX get together, he now has a $2M contract with FOX and congressmen are moving to pull NPR's funding? That seems to have worked out VERY well for this disenfranchised news anchor and his rightwing employer. I'm having a very hard time believing that Juan isn't sitting around with some FOX executives right now sipping martini's and planning for the demise of their competition.

As far as your $s are concerned, please remember who you are talking to. I don't see any inherent value in your $ or my $; all I see is a man greedily complaining that he doesn't have enough control over what is happening. You feel disenfranchised when you see your tax dollars being spent on something you don't like, and I am about to feel disenfranchised in 10 days when this conservative bazillionaire Ron Johnson comes in and buys one of my state's senate seats, just so he can funnel more money out of the low and middle class up to his rich buddies for a term or two until the tide shifts and the dems take power again. Not for nothing, but at least you can turn on NPR and use that money that you are getting ripped off on; NPR gives a lot of airtime to conservatives to at least look like they are fair and balance. I, on the other hand, get no use out of all my resources that the rich have stolen from me while they buy yachts and Ferraris.

We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world Innoman and if you don't like it then stop supporting the establishment. I've got a seat open here on my board of anarchists that you can take and help fight the good fight. Otherwise, keep supporting your xenophobic millionaires - but don't complain to me like your being disenfranchised with your tax dollars.
no comment
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 9:45:24 AM

This is exactly what I said in defense of Dr. Laura and everyone yelled at me.
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 1:12:01 PM
At 10/22/2010 8:56:30 PM, Caramel wrote:

You're out of your mind.

A fair observation.

Did you even hear the NPR rep specifically say he was being fired because they are, you know....liberal, and he has been having some statements that were not consistent with who they are.

Yes.

FOX fires people all the time for not being conservative. Who cares? So they are taking your tax dollars. Welcome to the club, Innoman, we are the proletariat and the wealthy and powerful take our money and have their way with us. If you don't want to participate in our system, then Ragnar says you have the choice not to and you can live off the land and pick berries.

There's no separation of "press" and anything. That's the nature of being the press.

Since when does the first amendment have anything to do with what we are talking about? Can I go into work tomorrow and say whatever I want while protecting myself with the first amendment? The first amendment means absolutely nothing. It is a slight guideline for lawmakers to mention on occasion. Freedom of speech isn't even a fundamental right (as is freedom of expression) - which means the government can take it at any time for any reason they'd like. When we are talking about keeping your job, you have way less liberty than that even.

I see this more on the right then the left. I think Rush Limbaugh is the most smug elitist thing ever...

, but my tax dollars going into that tool of leftist indoctrination is outrageous. Let them survive on their own without sucking at the public mammary.

So I imagine you will tell me that it's just a coincidence that last week Juan Williams was a conservative working for NPR and now, after he and FOX get together, he now has a $2M contract with FOX and congressmen are moving to pull NPR's funding? That seems to have worked out VERY well for this disenfranchised news anchor and his rightwing employer. I'm having a very hard time believing that Juan isn't sitting around with some FOX executives right now sipping martini's and planning for the demise of their competition.

As far as your $s are concerned, please remember who you are talking to. I don't see any inherent value in your $ or my $; all I see is a man greedily complaining that he doesn't have enough control over what is happening. You feel disenfranchised when you see your tax dollars being spent on something you don't like, and I am about to feel disenfranchised in 10 days when this conservative bazillionaire Ron Johnson comes in and buys one of my state's senate seats, just so he can funnel more money out of the low and middle class up to his rich buddies for a term or two until the tide shifts and the dems take power again. Not for nothing, but at least you can turn on NPR and use that money that you are getting ripped off on; NPR gives a lot of airtime to conservatives to at least look like they are fair and balance. I, on the other hand, get no use out of all my resources that the rich have stolen from me while they buy yachts and Ferraris.

We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world Innoman and if you don't like it then stop supporting the establishment. I've got a seat open here on my board of anarchists that you can take and help fight the good fight. Otherwise, keep supporting your xenophobic millionaires - but don't complain to me like your being disenfranchised with your tax dollars.

Letter to: Comrade Karamel
People's Ministry of Enlightened Information Politik

Dear Comrade;
We would like to thank you for your diligent work in maintaining the ideals of the party. At a time when the imperialist capitalists have managed to seduce the proletariat into working for their corrupt system, you have maintained the ideals of our Marxist roots. You rightly point out the inability for the oppressed people of the capitalist system to cope with freedoms that lead to thinking that is counter revolutionary. We commend you on your idealism and rejection of the capitalist trap.

One last point Comrade, we notice your membership dues are 3 months overdue. Please forward your contribution to our cause in freeing humanity from the bondage capitalism as soon as possible.

Commissar Dennisovitch.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 1:05:02 AM
At 10/23/2010 9:45:24 AM, theLwerd wrote:

This is exactly what I said in defense of Dr. Laura and everyone yelled at me

I would get nervous if I saw an arab on my plane... I can say that honestly.

That being said, we're not having an honesty competition over here. Being too honest is disrespectful. The 99.9999% of Arabs who peacefully ride planes are hurt by these types of comments and I think it is pretty ignorant to say that in a public fashion as he did.
no comment
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 1:06:41 AM
At 10/23/2010 1:12:01 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/22/2010 8:56:30 PM, Caramel wrote:

You're out of your mind.

A fair observation.

Yes.

Letter to: Comrade Karamel
People's Ministry of Enlightened Information Politik

Dear Comrade;
We would like to thank you for your diligent work in maintaining the ideals of the party. At a time when the imperialist capitalists have managed to seduce the proletariat into working for their corrupt system, you have maintained the ideals of our Marxist roots. You rightly point out the inability for the oppressed people of the capitalist system to cope with freedoms that lead to thinking that is counter revolutionary. We commend you on your idealism and rejection of the capitalist trap.

One last point Comrade, we notice your membership dues are 3 months overdue. Please forward your contribution to our cause in freeing humanity from the bondage capitalism as soon as possible.

Commissar Dennisovitch.

wow
no comment
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 9:58:58 AM
I'd like to go on national television for a display of honesty. I get nervous whenever I pass black people walking down the sidewalk. I think it's a good thing to get these feelings out because it's the honest truth. Gypsies- you can't trust them you know. Truthfully, I don't leave my girlfriend alone when Mexicans are around. I mean, they will try to pick up any woman they can. When there are homosexuals at the bar I get kind of nervous that they are going to try to hit on me, because we all know they are sexual deviants and can't control themselves. If they could then they'd be straight right? And when I see Arabs at the airport I gather my children close and stare at them accusingly until they pass by, because we all know what Arabs do on airplanes.
Maybe if Juan had come completely clean about all of his concerns it would have made a better segment for FOX.

What really amazes me is that there are two homosexuals in the conversation who are completely oblivious. I would think you two are experts at identifying this type of thing considering a decent percentage of this country hates you. But with all your education, personal experience, and intellectual debates you both can't even identify bigotry when you see it. All I can do is continue to throw cold water on your faces and tell you to wake up.
no comment
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 11:24:46 AM
At 10/24/2010 9:58:58 AM, Caramel wrote:
I'd like to go on national television for a display of honesty. I get nervous whenever I pass black people walking down the sidewalk. I think it's a good thing to get these feelings out because it's the honest truth. Gypsies- you can't trust them you know. Truthfully, I don't leave my girlfriend alone when Mexicans are around. I mean, they will try to pick up any woman they can. When there are homosexuals at the bar I get kind of nervous that they are going to try to hit on me, because we all know they are sexual deviants and can't control themselves. If they could then they'd be straight right? And when I see Arabs at the airport I gather my children close and stare at them accusingly until they pass by, because we all know what Arabs do on airplanes.
Maybe if Juan had come completely clean about all of his concerns it would have made a better segment for FOX.

What really amazes me is that there are two homosexuals in the conversation who are completely oblivious. I would think you two are experts at identifying this type of thing considering a decent percentage of this country hates you. But with all your education, personal experience, and intellectual debates you both can't even identify bigotry when you see it. All I can do is continue to throw cold water on your faces and tell you to wake up.

It amazes me that you would think that i would sacrifice free speech, free press, freedom of expression, so that maybe my feelings won't get hurt somehow. A long time ago i understood that life isn't fair, and it never will be. I understood that people might hate me without even knowing me. It is the nature of things, and it is the nature of man. Trying to change fact is a wasted effort - trying to think i can change that fact will lead me to unhappiness. Acceptance of these things will provide greater happiness.

I am further amazed that you would stereotype me such that, because i happen to be attracted to my own sex i should therefore have a particular political view. That i should cling to a political ideology based on that. You stereotype my values, and would be willing to toss out the ideals of the first amendment on the foolish hopes that perhaps people will like me more. I'd rather live in a place where people are free to hate me than forced to accept me.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 6:19:45 PM
At 10/24/2010 9:58:58 AM, Caramel wrote:

what you're doing here is rather different from simply admitting the effects of stereotypes on your emotional responses; you're also justifying them. one could easily respond to that by pointing out how all those stereotypes are wrong. the analogous statement would be "i get nervous when i see an arab on my plane/a mexican near my daughter/ a homosexual at a bar because of those ridiculous cultural stereotypes" not i get nervous because i think the stereotype is accurate. that is positive because it demonstrates an awareness of the problem rather than pretending that if we don't talk about it everything's hunky dory.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 7:18:07 PM
He deserved to be fired forever. He makes people look negatively at Muslims through such a comment.
I meant no disrespect, Mirza.
We all have our fears, and some people ever fear blacks and all their cultures, and saying it on national TV is outrageous. People like him are a disease to every good moral value.
But if it is a common fear, is it worse to voice it and let the problem be resolved, or to conceal it and let it grow steadily worse?

devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 7:19:19 PM
that doesn't mean its rational,

Humans are irrational creatures...

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 7:32:14 PM
At 10/24/2010 7:19:19 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
that doesn't mean its rational,

Humans are irrational creatures...

Speak for yourself.

Rational: agreeable to reason; reasonable; sensible; having or exercising reason, sound judgment
-- Dictionary.com

I know of many people that fit that definition, including myself.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 7:35:14 PM
At 10/21/2010 1:45:43 PM, innomen wrote:

You think that "telling the truth" vindicates him?? It is also true that the KKK hate blacks and are being truthful when they say they hate blacks, but does that make it right?

In this case, the man discriminates against Muslims and is telling the truth when he says he fears them. But that doesn't make it right?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 7:55:41 PM
I hate to pull a Reasoning but...

"If there's nothing that offends you in your community, then you know you're not living in a free society"
- Kim Campbell
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 8:00:03 PM
At 10/24/2010 7:55:41 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
I hate to pull a Reasoning but...

"If there's nothing that offends you in your community, then you know you're not living in a free society"
- Kim Campbell

but it would offend people to say you're not free :)