January Hurricane

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:44:28 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
http://www.bbc.com...

Well the El Nino has certainly been fun to this point to begin with...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:23:09 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org...

It was a pain.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:07:02 AM
Yeah, some of these weather patterns are unreal, but not unprecedented. Funny, but there are some weather events that no one talks about, nor knows anything about. These weather events, that have happened in the past, will cripple us if they happen today.
The most dangerous weather event today would be a repeat of the torrential rains that flooded California and Oregon back in the mid-1800's. These torrential rains dumped nearly 300 inches of rain in the Sierra Mountains and the southern Cascades. The rain was so terrible that the whole San Joaquin and Sacramento Valley's filled up with water. The whole interior of California was a huge sea as large as Lake Michigan. If that happened today, Sacramento would be buried in water, and the most fertile valley on earth would be destroyed. The costs would be Biblical, far eclipsing the New Orleans hurricane.
The economic loss would lead to a world-wide economic collapse. Hundreds of millions of people would starve. California would never recover.
The problem here is that we know it will happen again. It is just a matter of time. We don't know when it will happen, but it will