Jump to topic:

Antiretrovirals failing to treat HIV

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 2:30:34 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
With news of bacteria becoming more resistant to antibiotics, the field of medical practice may have wanted other related problems to spring up.

Well, now we have antiretroviral-resistant HIV!

University College London found that while only 20% of European patients were not responding to the drug in question - tenofovir disoproxil - 60% of African patients were not helped by the drug.

Great! So now we have tenofovir-resistant HIV spreading! What else can be going so well for the field of medicine at the moment?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 5:26:39 PM
At 1/29/2016 2:30:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
With news of bacteria becoming more resistant to antibiotics, the field of medical practice may have wanted other related problems to spring up.

University College London found that while only 20% of European patients were not responding to the drug in question - tenofovir disoproxil - 60% of African patients were not helped by the drug.

Great! So now we have tenofovir-resistant HIV spreading! What else can be going so well for the field of medicine at the moment?

It could always be worse. An ancient bacteria could be unearthed as the ice caps melt and kill us all.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:04:18 PM
There is a very easy solution to this problem...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 9:35:59 PM
At 1/29/2016 2:30:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Life is going to get a whole lot more "real" for people in this century...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2016 9:44:11 AM
At 1/29/2016 7:04:18 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
There is a very easy solution to this problem...

I think we know what has to be done, we need a solution.................a final solution.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12