Jump to topic:

Election Victory!!!

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 10:33:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This thread is for all who would like to express joy at the election result.
I invite you all who are either:

republican and are glad they gained control of the house,

pragmatic demarcates who knew they'd lose that but are just glad the big tea
partiers lost like O'Donnell,

people like me who are glad that there 28 some year incumbent is finally out (Boucher) and new congressmen can finally come in,

or you might even want to post because you happy a canadite proved that you can still win on a write in vote.

Huzza!
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 10:55:26 AM
Why are you Americans always this happy about elections? At first you love your president, then you hate him as much as possible. The most rubbish thing is that you think that one party is more loyal and transparent than the other.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 11:00:36 AM
At 11/3/2010 10:55:26 AM, Mirza wrote:
Why are you Americans always this happy about elections? At first you love your president, then you hate him as much as possible. The most rubbish thing is that you think that one party is more loyal and transparent than the other.

How it works is if one person gets his favorite person in office, the person who wanted the other person in hates him. And the other way around.
kfc
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 11:07:21 AM
Why are you Americans always this happy about elections? At first you love your president, then you hate him as much as possible.

Not really. The opposing party usually always dislikes the president while the incumbant party likes him. However, as time goes on, even the incumbant party loses support, but doesn't resort to hating him.

The most rubbish thing is that you think that one party is more loyal and transparent than the other.

Uh, I didn't realize the "loyalty" or transparncy of a party was to be valued in the first place. In fact, to many, loyalty to a party is looked down upon.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 11:08:09 AM
At 11/3/2010 11:00:36 AM, Koopin wrote:

How it works is if one person gets his favorite person in office, the person who wanted the other person in hates him. And the other way around.
That is the logical presumption, but it does not work here; rather, the president enters his office while his electors support him, but once they find out that he promised what is beyond his head, they start hating him. The problem is that the American people hardly see beyond the dull promises of the various politicians. Had it been to me, several of them should be sentenced to death.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 11:11:02 AM
At 11/3/2010 11:07:21 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Not really. The opposing party usually always dislikes the president while the incumbant party likes him. However, as time goes on, even the incumbant party loses support, but doesn't resort to hating him.
After he gets elected, even his own supporters turn their backs. George Bush is a good example, and so is Barack Obama.

Uh, I didn't realize the "loyalty" or transparncy of a party was to be valued in the first place. In fact, to many, loyalty to a party is looked down upon.
Do people want to vote for secrecy and lies, perhaps?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 11:57:02 AM
At 11/3/2010 11:08:09 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/3/2010 11:00:36 AM, Koopin wrote:

That is the logical presumption, but it does not work here; rather, the president enters his office while his electors support him, but once they find out that he promised what is beyond his head, they start hating him. The problem is that the American people hardly see beyond the dull promises of the various politicians. Had it been to me, several of them should be sentenced to death.

Stupid people, or stupid presidents? Or presidents who do nothing to keep promises? Or presidents who cannot keep all their promises?

After he gets elected, even his own supporters turn their backs. George Bush is a good example, and so is Barack Obama.

Maybe its cause they [bush] are war mongering incompetent idiots who care more about their bank accounts than the People, American and otherwise. Or that they [both of them] have been shoved in a negative light, with some facts, usually by those who do not support them, and some lies, almost always by those who do not support them, to make them look even worse than they already are and are known for being.

I would link to video of enemies trying to make bush look bad, but I am unaware of what exactly to look for.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 12:02:21 PM
At 11/3/2010 11:57:02 AM, lovelife wrote:
Stupid people, or stupid presidents? Or presidents who do nothing to keep promises? Or presidents who cannot keep all their promises?
Politicians who spread corruption, and presidents who command their troops to murder innocent people.

Maybe its cause they [bush] are war mongering incompetent idiots who care more about their bank accounts than the People, American and otherwise. Or that they [both of them] have been shoved in a negative light, with some facts, usually by those who do not support them, and some lies, almost always by those who do not support them, to make them look even worse than they already are and are known for being.
Bush deserves to be shunned and condemned. My point was that people liked him, elected him twice, then regret it.

I would link to video of enemies trying to make bush look bad, but I am unaware of what exactly to look for.
He has done a good job painting a horrible picture of himself.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 2:26:58 PM
At 11/3/2010 11:07:21 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why are you Americans always this happy about elections? At first you love your president, then you hate him as much as possible.

The most rubbish thing is that you think that one party is more loyal and transparent than the other.

When Barney Frank was asked who his base was he responded: "My base are those who vote for me even when they know i'm wrong". Says it all.

We didn't do so well in mass.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 2:38:51 PM
At 11/3/2010 10:33:49 AM, Marauder wrote:
This thread is for all who would like to express joy at the election result.
I invite you all who are either:

republican and are glad they gained control of the house,

pragmatic demarcates who knew they'd lose that but are just glad the big tea
partiers lost like O'Donnell,

people like me who are glad that there 28 some year incumbent is finally out (Boucher) and new congressmen can finally come in,

or you might even want to post because you happy a canadite proved that you can still win on a write in vote.

Huzza!

Very glad indeed. America woke up.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2010 3:15:20 PM
At 11/3/2010 2:48:03 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
The lesser of two libertarian evils lost...

I am...

...apathetic.

I concur
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 6:05:43 AM
At 11/3/2010 12:02:21 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/3/2010 11:57:02 AM, lovelife wrote:
Politicians who spread corruption, and presidents who command their troops to murder innocent people.

So bush, and other war mongerers.

Bush deserves to be shunned and condemned. My point was that people liked him, elected him twice, then regret it.

Yeah. I only know of two people that voted in favor of him the second time. my aunt (not the cool one) and my dad. They regret nothing to my knowlege, and blame the war and debt on Obama.

He has done a good job painting a horrible picture of himself.

I was going to say that but didn't want someone (idk who) to get mad about that and start talking about how I'm too biased or whatever.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 6:08:35 AM
At 11/3/2010 2:44:21 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I am dissatisfied with all election results.

This. Their only going to b!tch and whine when they elect a republican in office cause of how bad they will f-ck it all up, then when the democrats try and help and fix it up their gunna b!tch just like this, again.
I'm sick of living in a country with mostly ignorant/stupid people.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 7:54:16 AM
At 11/4/2010 6:05:43 AM, lovelife wrote:
Yes that is my point.

Yeah. I only know of two people that voted in favor of him the second time. my aunt (not the cool one) and my dad. They regret nothing to my knowlege, and blame the war and debt on Obama.
That is illogical.

I was going to say that but didn't want someone (idk who) to get mad about that and start talking about how I'm too biased or whatever.
Affirmative.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 8:34:11 AM
At 11/4/2010 7:54:16 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/4/2010 6:05:43 AM, lovelife wrote:
Yes that is my point.

As I saw later.

That is illogical.

I am aware :/ unfortunately they never listen to reason.

Affirmative.