Jump to topic:

Perceptions of the Police

M.Gill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:13:12 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Just as a little background; I'm currently a student at university in my third year researching public perceptions regarding police power and power legitimacy. If you want more information or are simply keen and wish to get stuck straight in and have your say, follow the link below and it will take you to the short survey.

Additionally any comments, ideas surrounding or your opinions themselves should you want to share them here as well are welcome as this is a topic I am genuinely interested in and want to hear what you all think about it.

http://goo.gl...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:14:36 PM
omG luvz tha p0lees they shud heav nueks.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 6:07:16 AM
At 2/14/2016 6:13:12 PM, M.Gill wrote:
Just as a little background; I'm currently a student at university in my third year researching public perceptions regarding police power and power legitimacy. If you want more information or are simply keen and wish to get stuck straight in and have your say, follow the link below and it will take you to the short survey.

Additionally any comments, ideas surrounding or your opinions themselves should you want to share them here as well are welcome as this is a topic I am genuinely interested in and want to hear what you all think about it.

http://goo.gl...

Welcome to DDO! Your background in police will be really interesting for discussions in the politics forum. I look forward to discussing these issues with you there!

Regarding the poll, I will take it. But it's best not to advertise on DDO as it is irrelevant to discussion.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:12:40 PM
At 2/14/2016 6:14:36 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
omG luvz tha p0lees they shud heav nueks.

LOL
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2016 10:31:10 PM
Police power is a necessary evil. It's not nice, nor pretty, but the alternative is an increase in crime. It's been shown in studies that where there's a down size in a police force there is an immediate spike in crime. Currently, with what Black Lives Matters has done in harassing the police, and manipulating law makers, there has been a huge spike in crime in the last 12-18 months, all over America. The more power the BLM gets, the higher the crime rates will go.
You didn't really think this through. Do you think that less police power will lead to more peace? It will not. It will lead to higher crime rates. I also suspect that you are being brainwashed by liberal professors. What is their solution? Do they have one?
I know you guys site the fact that Europe has lower crime rates and that police don't use weapons over there. That may be true, but they don't have three races living side by side either....blacks, whites, and Hispanics. As long as this is the case, and as long as Leftists fuel racial hatred, crime will be more not less, and will increase if the police are forced to "stand" down. These "stand down" orders have led to whole neighborhoods being taken over by gangs.
The other reason that our crime will not be lower than Europe is because of the drug trade, which is much worse in America. And the other reason is the fact that we are Land of the Free, and Home of the Brave. We believe that citizens should be able to own guns. This no doubt raises the crime rates, but we're still not getting to the bottom of the truth.
Crime rates in America are approximately 70% higher than in Europe, but we have to get to the Bones of why. FBI estimates that 70% of all gun related crimes are due to gang activity and drug trafficking. We've already determined that this activity is much higher in America than in Europe. So if we take the gang related crime out of the deal we find that American crime isn't any higher than European crime. Again, you are being duped by liberal professors and Leftists who want to take guns away from American citizens so that they can tell us how they want us to live, just like they do in Europe.
Militants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 8:39:26 PM
US are federation and have c ells for criminal.

Federal Police, CIA and police Academy but I want Federation gone and Anarchy to US land.

Yes, Federation is fourth best. Capitalist are third best. Republic(I will in Sweden) and Anarchy are two best. Democration don't work in every justife for all mean that KKK will bee bigger or in Sweden nazi been bigger if no gang here are. Gang will punishment for nazis. Gang are against nazis hate about negrous and will fight or kill nazi. Many kill in Sweden because they hate negrous. Not justice for nazis.