Jump to topic:

Why are so many people dying today?

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 10:53:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I woke up this morning, after missing church (I mean, look at my avatar), and I saw Mrs. Reagan had died. I brush it off because, hey, it's morning and it's a miracle I even knew how to type in my password to my laptop, much less care about a death, and post my 6-page rant (Also, airmax, I know you changed DDO code to flip where the blue notification banner popped up so it didn't block the middle finger, making me look stupid and proven that you are also psychic/a supercomputer AI that can predict everything) and then I close it and open my browser again a few minutes ago, and I find out that the guy who invented email died. Two important people, dead. I mean, am I the only one who noticed this?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 5:49:40 AM
Because of biological processes.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 5:49:58 AM
Or otherwise, of course.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 7:42:06 AM
At 3/6/2016 10:53:05 PM, TheChristian wrote:
I woke up this morning, after missing church (I mean, look at my avatar), and I saw Mrs. Reagan had died. I brush it off because, hey, it's morning and it's a miracle I even knew how to type in my password to my laptop, much less care about a death, and post my 6-page rant (Also, airmax, I know you changed DDO code to flip where the blue notification banner popped up so it didn't block the middle finger, making me look stupid and proven that you are also psychic/a supercomputer AI that can predict everything) and then I close it and open my browser again a few minutes ago, and I find out that the guy who invented email died. Two important people, dead. I mean, am I the only one who noticed this?

Because we haven't overcome senescence yet.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:21:15 PM
At 3/7/2016 7:42:06 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Two people, both famous, and both very important to the country, and the world, died in one day and nobody noticed. I get that people die but why two very important people reported dead in the same day
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:24:50 PM
At 3/7/2016 10:21:15 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Two people, both famous, and both very important to the country, and the world, died in one day and nobody noticed. I get that people die but why two very important people reported dead in the same day

About 151,600 people die each day. I'm sure a bunch of other famous people died that day too, these deaths just come as more shocking because they are highly televised.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:36:38 PM
At 3/7/2016 10:24:50 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

About 151,600 people die each day. I'm sure a bunch of other famous people died that day too, these deaths just come as more shocking because they are highly televised.

Well, Ma'am, if we look at the statistics, there are 7 billion humans on earth, of which >1% are "famous". If we round up , 1% of 7 billion, that's 70,000,000. Too many famous people, right? So let's reduce that down a LOT, like, 7,000 famous people. The odds then become one in 1,000,000 that a famous person will die on that day. So the odds of two famous people dying on the same day becomes one in 2,000,000. It's just mathematically unlikely
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:41:10 PM
At 3/7/2016 10:36:38 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Well, Ma'am, if we look at the statistics, there are 7 billion humans on earth, of which >1% are "famous". If we round up , 1% of 7 billion, that's 70,000,000. Too many famous people, right? So let's reduce that down a LOT, like, 7,000 famous people. The odds then become one in 1,000,000 that a famous person will die on that day. So the odds of two famous people dying on the same day becomes one in 2,000,000. It's just mathematically unlikely

Look at all these famous people dying on the same day https://en.wikipedia.org...

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:49:02 PM
At 3/7/2016 10:41:10 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 3/7/2016 10:36:38 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Look at all these famous people dying on the same day https://en.wikipedia.org...

It's mathematically improbable but possible.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 12:20:36 AM
Well, it's actually quite normal (and thus to be expected) for people to die--famous or not. In regards to Nancy Reagan, she was 94.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 4:28:47 AM
Why are so many people dying today?

there are more people
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%