Anti-smoking out of control

JimProfit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 2:08:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://downloadpolitics.com...

I talk about it here. I'd just say what I wrote here, but it's difficult for me to discuss things in full length without my images! The images are integral to the projection! I also feel very uncomfortable not being able to swear when I feel it appropiate. Which is like... ALWAYS... because things always suck.

So you can go there and get the full story/view. Basically it's about how warning labels as they are aren't enough. Now they want ciggarate packages to basically have a skull and crossbones, a grave, someone on a respirator, that kind of crap. You may be turned off by the high levels of misogyny and homophobic rhetoric. But who else am I going to blame? I know it wasn't manly men like Hulk Hogan and Skeletor who did this!
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 7:20:46 AM
Lol I actually saw that on CNN or something. I left a comment basically saying "Oh wow cool thats really dark and interesting. When it changes to that I might consider smoking" I think everyone should, its pretty idiotic, people know the risks, there is NO point in forcing companies to have lables they don't want, it will JUST be confusing since they'd all be the same color and "about" the same thing.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 10:49:27 AM
At 11/12/2010 10:47:07 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
They already have pictures on the labels in Canada. At least they did for awhile before taking them off.

I remember watching yesterday how 30 countries had it already and the US is now falling behind Canada so we need to get this done ASAP (by the end of 2012) I lol'd
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 3:39:08 PM
At 11/12/2010 3:13:32 PM, 20000miles wrote:
It seems only fair to put these pictures on fatty foods too...

And Alcohol/legal drugs, cars, even lights, since they have been linked with cancer.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 11:01:20 PM
When you started smoking, how much thought did you give to the people who die relatively young on oxygen respirators?

Why do you feel it is wrong and inappropriate to put a very visible reminder on each package of something so easily forgotten anytime you go for more smokes?

If such large, visible reminders disturb you, then perhaps you should consider kicking the habit.