Total Posts:82|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Louisiana signs LGBT protection law

bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:12:31 AM, Hayd wrote:
Protects the rights of gay and transgendered people, as well as race, disability, gender, or age. Thoughts?
http://www.reuters.com...

I would argue that all legal protections in terms of discrimination in private places should be removed and that all private establishments should be able to discriminate freely against whomever they choose. Granted, their profits will tank and they will incur costs upon themselves, but the right to discriminate against people for any race still stands.

Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:34:01 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:12:31 AM, Hayd wrote:
Protects the rights of gay and transgendered people, as well as race, disability, gender, or age. Thoughts?
http://www.reuters.com...

I would argue that all legal protections in terms of discrimination in private places should be removed and that all private establishments should be able to discriminate freely against whomever they choose. Granted, their profits will tank and they will incur costs upon themselves, but the right to discriminate against people for any race still stands.

That's idiotic. Giving people the right to oppress others based on something they are born with and can't change is inherently unjust.

Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

I would agree
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:38:49 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:34:01 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:12:31 AM, Hayd wrote:
Protects the rights of gay and transgendered people, as well as race, disability, gender, or age. Thoughts?
http://www.reuters.com...

I would argue that all legal protections in terms of discrimination in private places should be removed and that all private establishments should be able to discriminate freely against whomever they choose. Granted, their profits will tank and they will incur costs upon themselves, but the right to discriminate against people for any race still stands.

That's idiotic. Giving people the right to oppress others based on something they are born with and can't change is inherently unjust.
I don't see how its oppressive if it doesn't restrict our natural rights

Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

I would agree
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:45:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:38:49 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:34:01 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:12:31 AM, Hayd wrote:
Protects the rights of gay and transgendered people, as well as race, disability, gender, or age. Thoughts?
http://www.reuters.com...

I would argue that all legal protections in terms of discrimination in private places should be removed and that all private establishments should be able to discriminate freely against whomever they choose. Granted, their profits will tank and they will incur costs upon themselves, but the right to discriminate against people for any race still stands.

That's idiotic. Giving people the right to oppress others based on something they are born with and can't change is inherently unjust.
I don't see how its oppressive if it doesn't restrict our natural rights

Its a societal right. Natural rights are something that are fundamental to humanity, access to restrooms doesn't fall under that. It falls under societal, since society is the one granting the right.

Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

I would agree
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:47:08 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:45:14 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:49 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:34:01 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:12:31 AM, Hayd wrote:
Protects the rights of gay and transgendered people, as well as race, disability, gender, or age. Thoughts?
http://www.reuters.com...

I would argue that all legal protections in terms of discrimination in private places should be removed and that all private establishments should be able to discriminate freely against whomever they choose. Granted, their profits will tank and they will incur costs upon themselves, but the right to discriminate against people for any race still stands.

That's idiotic. Giving people the right to oppress others based on something they are born with and can't change is inherently unjust.
I don't see how its oppressive if it doesn't restrict our natural rights

Its a societal right. Natural rights are something that are fundamental to humanity, access to restrooms doesn't fall under that. It falls under societal, since society is the one granting the right.
Well, since the constitution doesn't mention societal rights, it is not the role of the government to enforce it.

Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

I would agree
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:49:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:34:01 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:12:31 AM, Hayd wrote:
Protects the rights of gay and transgendered people, as well as race, disability, gender, or age. Thoughts?
http://www.reuters.com...

I would argue that all legal protections in terms of discrimination in private places should be removed and that all private establishments should be able to discriminate freely against whomever they choose. Granted, their profits will tank and they will incur costs upon themselves, but the right to discriminate against people for any race still stands.

That's idiotic. Giving people the right to oppress others based on something they are born with and can't change is inherently unjust.

You're absolutely wrong. First of all, for you to believe that denying someone service is oppression, means that they, on a basic premise, are owed someone's services, and therefore property. The problem with this assertion is that the United States Constitution does't give you the right to the property of others, nor does it allow for people to take your property without going to prison. Oppression simply exists so far as I deny people basic rights and liberties, but a private individual such as myself denying someone service at my own restaurant or employment at my business for my own personal beliefs of their subgroup doesn't oppress them in any way. They are not entitled to my labor, and all transactions are in essence a contract. For a contract to go into effect, it has to be agreed upon by all parties involved, and people should have the right not to agree with the employment or service of certain people that they may have prejudices against.


Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

I would agree
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:49:16 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:47:08 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
I don't see how its oppressive if it doesn't restrict our natural rights

Its a societal right. Natural rights are something that are fundamental to humanity, access to restrooms doesn't fall under that. It falls under societal, since society is the one granting the right.
Well, since the constitution doesn't mention societal rights, it is not the role of the government to enforce it.

That's not logical reasoning. If we are discussing whether it "should" be a right, whether it "is" a right is irrelvent. Its an is/ought fallacy. Its also an appeal to authority fallacy since there is no reasoning behind, merely the appeal to a source of authority.
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:50:19 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:49:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:34:01 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:12:31 AM, Hayd wrote:
Protects the rights of gay and transgendered people, as well as race, disability, gender, or age. Thoughts?
http://www.reuters.com...

I would argue that all legal protections in terms of discrimination in private places should be removed and that all private establishments should be able to discriminate freely against whomever they choose. Granted, their profits will tank and they will incur costs upon themselves, but the right to discriminate against people for any race still stands.

That's idiotic. Giving people the right to oppress others based on something they are born with and can't change is inherently unjust.

You're absolutely wrong. First of all, for you to believe that denying someone service is oppression, means that they, on a basic premise, are owed someone's services, and therefore property. The problem with this assertion is that the United States Constitution does't give you the right to the property of others, nor does it allow for people to take your property without going to prison. Oppression simply exists so far as I deny people basic rights and liberties, but a private individual such as myself denying someone service at my own restaurant or employment at my business for my own personal beliefs of their subgroup doesn't oppress them in any way. They are not entitled to my labor, and all transactions are in essence a contract. For a contract to go into effect, it has to be agreed upon by all parties involved, and people should have the right not to agree with the employment or service of certain people that they may have prejudices against.
+1


Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

I would agree
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:50:34 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Doesn't matter. You said just now, and I quote "he right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this." - meaning that they have a right to go into any restroom that they identify with. The problem with this idea is that if I identify as some random gender from tumblr, does that mean I am being discriminated against because the business doesn't have 60 different restrooms for all the made up genders that currently exist?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:55:16 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:49:16 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:08 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
I don't see how its oppressive if it doesn't restrict our natural rights

Its a societal right. Natural rights are something that are fundamental to humanity, access to restrooms doesn't fall under that. It falls under societal, since society is the one granting the right.
Well, since the constitution doesn't mention societal rights, it is not the role of the government to enforce it.

That's not logical reasoning. If we are discussing whether it "should" be a right, whether it "is" a right is irrelvent. Its an is/ought fallacy. Its also an appeal to authority fallacy since there is no reasoning behind, merely the appeal to a source of authority.

Throwing out names of fallacies doesn't justify it as a proper counter-argument, and what you have to realize is that you brought this topic up by posting about current legislation, so it does apply here. His argument still stands.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:56:00 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:50:34 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Doesn't matter. You said just now, and I quote "he right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this." - meaning that they have a right to go into any restroom that they identify with. The problem with this idea is that if I identify as some random gender from tumblr, does that mean I am being discriminated against because the business doesn't have 60 different restrooms for all the made up genders that currently exist?

You can't align with a random gender, since there is no such thing as random genders.

"The androgen receptor (AR), also known as NR3C4, is activated by the binding of testosterone or dihydrotestosterone, where it plays a critical role in the forming of primary and secondary male sex characteristics. Hare et al. found that male-to-female transsexuals were found to have longer repetitions of the gene, which reduced its effectiveness at binding testosterone."
https://en.wikipedia.org...

It is scientifically proven that it is not transgender people's fault that they are transgender. It is not just that they claim they "want" to align with a group, as your example shows. They "do" align with that group. There is no research whatsoever for your random genders, thus its irrelevent. I generally don't agree there's 60 different genders, but I haven't looked into it at all. But its likely extremely specific sub categories, that only come down to a few basic groups.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:56:42 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Transgender isn't a gender. It's a move from one gender to the other. I'm simply saying that, since bathrooms are usually Male, Female, and Disabled, would it be discrimination then if I could simply deem myself as some random gender that stands on its own, and then be denied entrance into a bathroom specifically for that gender?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:57:10 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:55:16 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:49:16 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:08 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
I don't see how its oppressive if it doesn't restrict our natural rights

Its a societal right. Natural rights are something that are fundamental to humanity, access to restrooms doesn't fall under that. It falls under societal, since society is the one granting the right.
Well, since the constitution doesn't mention societal rights, it is not the role of the government to enforce it.

That's not logical reasoning. If we are discussing whether it "should" be a right, whether it "is" a right is irrelvent. Its an is/ought fallacy. Its also an appeal to authority fallacy since there is no reasoning behind, merely the appeal to a source of authority.

Throwing out names of fallacies doesn't justify it as a proper counter-argument, and what you have to realize is that you brought this topic up by posting about current legislation, so it does apply here. His argument still stands.

If he is going to provide an argument, that his reasoning is faulty, I have a right to point it out. How does it being current legislation change the rules of logic, and common sense?
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:58:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:56:00 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:50:34 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Doesn't matter. You said just now, and I quote "he right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this." - meaning that they have a right to go into any restroom that they identify with. The problem with this idea is that if I identify as some random gender from tumblr, does that mean I am being discriminated against because the business doesn't have 60 different restrooms for all the made up genders that currently exist?

You can't align with a random gender, since there is no such thing as random genders.

"The androgen receptor (AR), also known as NR3C4, is activated by the binding of testosterone or dihydrotestosterone, where it plays a critical role in the forming of primary and secondary male sex characteristics. Hare et al. found that male-to-female transsexuals were found to have longer repetitions of the gene, which reduced its effectiveness at binding testosterone."
https://en.wikipedia.org...

It is scientifically proven that it is not transgender people's fault that they are transgender. It is not just that they claim they "want" to align with a group, as your example shows. They "do" align with that group. There is no research whatsoever for your random genders, thus its irrelevent. I generally don't agree there's 60 different genders, but I haven't looked into it at all. But its likely extremely specific sub categories, that only come down to a few basic groups.

So then you agree that being a transgender is a mental disability, since it goes against the normal neural structure and imposes a disability for which people switch genders, right?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:00:11 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:56:42 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Transgender isn't a gender. It's a move from one gender to the other.

I agree, I was just saying that instead of righting out gender orientation or something.

I'm simply saying that, since bathrooms are usually Male, Female, and Disabled, would it be discrimination then if I could simply deem myself as some random gender that stands on its own, and then be denied entrance into a bathroom specifically for that gender?

You can't "deem youself as some random gender". As I showed, the existence of these gender orientations is not the individuals choice, they do not "deem themselves that gender", they are that orientation. They can't do anything about it. Thus the notion that you can deem yourself a random gender is faulty, since only scientifically proven orientations exist.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:00:51 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:58:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:56:00 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:50:34 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Doesn't matter. You said just now, and I quote "he right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this." - meaning that they have a right to go into any restroom that they identify with. The problem with this idea is that if I identify as some random gender from tumblr, does that mean I am being discriminated against because the business doesn't have 60 different restrooms for all the made up genders that currently exist?

You can't align with a random gender, since there is no such thing as random genders.

"The androgen receptor (AR), also known as NR3C4, is activated by the binding of testosterone or dihydrotestosterone, where it plays a critical role in the forming of primary and secondary male sex characteristics. Hare et al. found that male-to-female transsexuals were found to have longer repetitions of the gene, which reduced its effectiveness at binding testosterone."
https://en.wikipedia.org...

It is scientifically proven that it is not transgender people's fault that they are transgender. It is not just that they claim they "want" to align with a group, as your example shows. They "do" align with that group. There is no research whatsoever for your random genders, thus its irrelevent. I generally don't agree there's 60 different genders, but I haven't looked into it at all. But its likely extremely specific sub categories, that only come down to a few basic groups.

So then you agree that being a transgender is a mental disability, since it goes against the normal neural structure and imposes a disability for which people switch genders, right?

Its not a disability in so long that it hinders the person. There is no biological hinderence, only societal.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:01:33 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 2:57:10 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:55:16 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:49:16 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:08 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
I don't see how its oppressive if it doesn't restrict our natural rights

Its a societal right. Natural rights are something that are fundamental to humanity, access to restrooms doesn't fall under that. It falls under societal, since society is the one granting the right.
Well, since the constitution doesn't mention societal rights, it is not the role of the government to enforce it.

That's not logical reasoning. If we are discussing whether it "should" be a right, whether it "is" a right is irrelvent. Its an is/ought fallacy. Its also an appeal to authority fallacy since there is no reasoning behind, merely the appeal to a source of authority.

Throwing out names of fallacies doesn't justify it as a proper counter-argument, and what you have to realize is that you brought this topic up by posting about current legislation, so it does apply here. His argument still stands.

If he is going to provide an argument, that his reasoning is faulty, I have a right to point it out. How does it being current legislation change the rules of logic, and common sense?

Because you are saying that the society grants these rights, which then is an appeal to authority as well, making your argument just as fallible and fallacious.

On the other hand, there are no such things as "societal rights". There are only Natural Rights, which are the rights to life, liberty, and property, or the pursuit of happiness if you want to get poetic. Society doesn't grant rights, it simply recognizes them legally, and by that I mean the Republic through which the rule of law is established.

By that definition, society could take rights away at any moment, and that would be tyranny by the people, which is still terrible.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:03:01 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:00:11 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:56:42 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Transgender isn't a gender. It's a move from one gender to the other.

I agree, I was just saying that instead of righting out gender orientation or something.

I'm simply saying that, since bathrooms are usually Male, Female, and Disabled, would it be discrimination then if I could simply deem myself as some random gender that stands on its own, and then be denied entrance into a bathroom specifically for that gender?

You can't "deem youself as some random gender". As I showed, the existence of these gender orientations is not the individuals choice, they do not "deem themselves that gender", they are that orientation. They can't do anything about it. Thus the notion that you can deem yourself a random gender is faulty, since only scientifically proven orientations exist.

I never said the opposite. I do agree that you cannot simply deem yourself a gender to your liking, but the fact that the society so far disagrees with this idea further validates the claim that if one chooses to identify as a gender that they have created themselves, or a type of gender disability, then they will have full reign to call discrimination on any of these previously mentioned actions.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:04:21 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:03:01 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:00:11 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:56:42 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Transgender isn't a gender. It's a move from one gender to the other.

I agree, I was just saying that instead of righting out gender orientation or something.

I'm simply saying that, since bathrooms are usually Male, Female, and Disabled, would it be discrimination then if I could simply deem myself as some random gender that stands on its own, and then be denied entrance into a bathroom specifically for that gender?

You can't "deem youself as some random gender". As I showed, the existence of these gender orientations is not the individuals choice, they do not "deem themselves that gender", they are that orientation. They can't do anything about it. Thus the notion that you can deem yourself a random gender is faulty, since only scientifically proven orientations exist.

I never said the opposite. I do agree that you cannot simply deem yourself a gender to your liking, but the fact that the society so far disagrees with this idea further validates the claim that if one chooses to identify as a gender that they have created themselves, or a type of gender disability, then they will have full reign to call discrimination on any of these previously mentioned actions.

No they don't, because if they "choose to identify as a gender they have created themselves", then they had a choice in the matter. They don't have the right against discrimination. They aren't being oppressed because of something they did not choose, they chose that.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:04:34 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:00:51 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:58:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:56:00 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:50:34 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Doesn't matter. You said just now, and I quote "he right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this." - meaning that they have a right to go into any restroom that they identify with. The problem with this idea is that if I identify as some random gender from tumblr, does that mean I am being discriminated against because the business doesn't have 60 different restrooms for all the made up genders that currently exist?

You can't align with a random gender, since there is no such thing as random genders.

"The androgen receptor (AR), also known as NR3C4, is activated by the binding of testosterone or dihydrotestosterone, where it plays a critical role in the forming of primary and secondary male sex characteristics. Hare et al. found that male-to-female transsexuals were found to have longer repetitions of the gene, which reduced its effectiveness at binding testosterone."
https://en.wikipedia.org...

It is scientifically proven that it is not transgender people's fault that they are transgender. It is not just that they claim they "want" to align with a group, as your example shows. They "do" align with that group. There is no research whatsoever for your random genders, thus its irrelevent. I generally don't agree there's 60 different genders, but I haven't looked into it at all. But its likely extremely specific sub categories, that only come down to a few basic groups.

So then you agree that being a transgender is a mental disability, since it goes against the normal neural structure and imposes a disability for which people switch genders, right?

Its not a disability in so long that it hinders the person. There is no biological hinderence, only societal.

It is a biological hindrance, and a societal hindrance wouldn't be considering a disability unless it's a mental problem in the first place. For example, not having good speaking skills isn't a disability, since it's simply a skill one hasn't attained. On the other hand, identifying and in some cases removing or attaching parts to your body is classified as a mental disability, although currently it bears very little social problems with the PC culture that has arisen.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Sam7411
Posts: 959
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:04:35 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:01:33 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:57:10 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:55:16 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:49:16 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:08 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
I don't see how its oppressive if it doesn't restrict our natural rights

Its a societal right. Natural rights are something that are fundamental to humanity, access to restrooms doesn't fall under that. It falls under societal, since society is the one granting the right.
Well, since the constitution doesn't mention societal rights, it is not the role of the government to enforce it.

That's not logical reasoning. If we are discussing whether it "should" be a right, whether it "is" a right is irrelvent. Its an is/ought fallacy. Its also an appeal to authority fallacy since there is no reasoning behind, merely the appeal to a source of authority.

Throwing out names of fallacies doesn't justify it as a proper counter-argument, and what you have to realize is that you brought this topic up by posting about current legislation, so it does apply here. His argument still stands.

If he is going to provide an argument, that his reasoning is faulty, I have a right to point it out. How does it being current legislation change the rules of logic, and common sense?

Because you are saying that the society grants these rights, which then is an appeal to authority as well, making your argument just as fallible and fallacious.

On the other hand, there are no such things as "societal rights". There are only Natural Rights, which are the rights to life, liberty, and property, or the pursuit of happiness if you want to get poetic. Society doesn't grant rights, it simply recognizes them legally, and by that I mean the Republic through which the rule of law is established.

By that definition, society could take rights away at any moment, and that would be tyranny by the people, which is still terrible.

+2

-Sorry I can't offer any rebuttal now in the middle of a research paper-
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:06:30 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:04:21 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:03:01 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:00:11 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:56:42 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Transgender isn't a gender. It's a move from one gender to the other.

I agree, I was just saying that instead of righting out gender orientation or something.

I'm simply saying that, since bathrooms are usually Male, Female, and Disabled, would it be discrimination then if I could simply deem myself as some random gender that stands on its own, and then be denied entrance into a bathroom specifically for that gender?

You can't "deem youself as some random gender". As I showed, the existence of these gender orientations is not the individuals choice, they do not "deem themselves that gender", they are that orientation. They can't do anything about it. Thus the notion that you can deem yourself a random gender is faulty, since only scientifically proven orientations exist.

I never said the opposite. I do agree that you cannot simply deem yourself a gender to your liking, but the fact that the society so far disagrees with this idea further validates the claim that if one chooses to identify as a gender that they have created themselves, or a type of gender disability, then they will have full reign to call discrimination on any of these previously mentioned actions.

No they don't, because if they "choose to identify as a gender they have created themselves", then they had a choice in the matter. They don't have the right against discrimination. They aren't being oppressed because of something they did not choose, they chose that.

Then let me ask you this - if I choose to be of a certain religion, such as Islam, and then a businessman denies you either service or employment because of it, are you being discriminated against? In your idea, I would assume you would say no, since religion is a choice, unless you're living in a nation that has a state enforced religion.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:09:31 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:04:34 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:00:51 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:58:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:56:00 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:50:34 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Doesn't matter. You said just now, and I quote "he right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this." - meaning that they have a right to go into any restroom that they identify with. The problem with this idea is that if I identify as some random gender from tumblr, does that mean I am being discriminated against because the business doesn't have 60 different restrooms for all the made up genders that currently exist?

You can't align with a random gender, since there is no such thing as random genders.

"The androgen receptor (AR), also known as NR3C4, is activated by the binding of testosterone or dihydrotestosterone, where it plays a critical role in the forming of primary and secondary male sex characteristics. Hare et al. found that male-to-female transsexuals were found to have longer repetitions of the gene, which reduced its effectiveness at binding testosterone."
https://en.wikipedia.org...

It is scientifically proven that it is not transgender people's fault that they are transgender. It is not just that they claim they "want" to align with a group, as your example shows. They "do" align with that group. There is no research whatsoever for your random genders, thus its irrelevent. I generally don't agree there's 60 different genders, but I haven't looked into it at all. But its likely extremely specific sub categories, that only come down to a few basic groups.

So then you agree that being a transgender is a mental disability, since it goes against the normal neural structure and imposes a disability for which people switch genders, right?

Its not a disability in so long that it hinders the person. There is no biological hinderence, only societal.

It is a biological hindrance, and a societal hindrance wouldn't be considering a disability unless it's a mental problem in the first place. For example, not having good speaking skills isn't a disability, since it's simply a skill one hasn't attained. On the other hand, identifying and in some cases removing or attaching parts to your body is classified as a mental disability, although currently it bears very little social problems with the PC culture that has arisen.

You still havent explained how it is a biological hinderence, explain how. The only negatives it has, is something society proposes.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:10:31 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:06:30 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:04:21 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:03:01 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:00:11 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:56:42 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Transgender isn't a gender. It's a move from one gender to the other.

I agree, I was just saying that instead of righting out gender orientation or something.

I'm simply saying that, since bathrooms are usually Male, Female, and Disabled, would it be discrimination then if I could simply deem myself as some random gender that stands on its own, and then be denied entrance into a bathroom specifically for that gender?

You can't "deem youself as some random gender". As I showed, the existence of these gender orientations is not the individuals choice, they do not "deem themselves that gender", they are that orientation. They can't do anything about it. Thus the notion that you can deem yourself a random gender is faulty, since only scientifically proven orientations exist.

I never said the opposite. I do agree that you cannot simply deem yourself a gender to your liking, but the fact that the society so far disagrees with this idea further validates the claim that if one chooses to identify as a gender that they have created themselves, or a type of gender disability, then they will have full reign to call discrimination on any of these previously mentioned actions.

No they don't, because if they "choose to identify as a gender they have created themselves", then they had a choice in the matter. They don't have the right against discrimination. They aren't being oppressed because of something they did not choose, they chose that.

Then let me ask you this - if I choose to be of a certain religion, such as Islam, and then a businessman denies you either service or employment because of it, are you being discriminated against? In your idea, I would assume you would say no, since religion is a choice, unless you're living in a nation that has a state enforced religion.

Religion is a seperate issue, that has exclusive characteristics that determine that. You can't relate it to this, since religion is a special case.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:11:35 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:09:31 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:04:34 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:00:51 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:58:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:56:00 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:50:34 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:47:36 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:46:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:38:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 4/14/2016 2:24:19 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Although, private businesses can choose whoever enters their restrooms, as they are not required to have them in the first place. The ability for someone to claim themselves a transgender and have free reign over bathroom entrance is too much of a slippery slope to even stand on its own.

Actually I take that back. Men can barge into women's restrooms regardless of the law, and anyone that would violate societal rule like that, law doesn't matter. Regardless, the right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this.

And what happens if I align with some random obscene gender type that no one has ever heard of, and now I am suing because they don't have bathrooms for Omnivoid Genderqueer foxkins?

random obscene gender types don't exist. You can't just make up a gender type. Transgender isn't made up

Doesn't matter. You said just now, and I quote "he right for people to use the restroom that they align with outweighs this." - meaning that they have a right to go into any restroom that they identify with. The problem with this idea is that if I identify as some random gender from tumblr, does that mean I am being discriminated against because the business doesn't have 60 different restrooms for all the made up genders that currently exist?

You can't align with a random gender, since there is no such thing as random genders.

"The androgen receptor (AR), also known as NR3C4, is activated by the binding of testosterone or dihydrotestosterone, where it plays a critical role in the forming of primary and secondary male sex characteristics. Hare et al. found that male-to-female transsexuals were found to have longer repetitions of the gene, which reduced its effectiveness at binding testosterone."
https://en.wikipedia.org...

It is scientifically proven that it is not transgender people's fault that they are transgender. It is not just that they claim they "want" to align with a group, as your example shows. They "do" align with that group. There is no research whatsoever for your random genders, thus its irrelevent. I generally don't agree there's 60 different genders, but I haven't looked into it at all. But its likely extremely specific sub categories, that only come down to a few basic groups.

So then you agree that being a transgender is a mental disability, since it goes against the normal neural structure and imposes a disability for which people switch genders, right?

Its not a disability in so long that it hinders the person. There is no biological hinderence, only societal.

It is a biological hindrance, and a societal hindrance wouldn't be considering a disability unless it's a mental problem in the first place. For example, not having good speaking skills isn't a disability, since it's simply a skill one hasn't attained. On the other hand, identifying and in some cases removing or attaching parts to your body is classified as a mental disability, although currently it bears very little social problems with the PC culture that has arisen.

You still havent explained how it is a biological hinderence, explain how. The only negatives it has, is something society proposes.

http://cnsnews.com...

When you change biological identification as a result of your own inability to choose, meaning that your brain predisposes the choice of gender upon you, then that is a mental hindrance. Plain and simple.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
DBPDX
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:12:04 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Being a straight person, it makes me uncomfortable to imagine a girl in the restroom with me, but it also makes me uncomfortable to think of someone possibly seeing my body and getting horny.......so i really dont know.

Cant Lesbians/Gays/Bi/Trans people like hold it until they get home or something?