Jump to topic:

I kind of think this is funny

GrabYoSocks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 9:24:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This is exactly why I dislike the world today! And the courts obviously are condoning this type of behavior. Any body can sue anyone for any thing! ridiculous
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 9:40:52 AM
We shouldn't be surprised of this; we are bred to compete with each other on every level and excessive lawsuits is a natural outcome of protecting one's self-interests to the fullest.
no comment
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 6:15:29 AM
At 12/1/2010 9:40:52 AM, Caramel wrote:
We shouldn't be surprised of this; we are bred to compete with each other on every level and excessive lawsuits is a natural outcome of protecting one's self-interests to the fullest.

Not true. The frivolousness with which people file law suits against one another isn't just because people are self-interested. It is because we live in a culture which almost demands, in the case of interpersonal conflict, that people take their issues to court for "objective arbitration" rather than resolving the dispute amongst themselves. So, though our excessive litigiousness is a way of attempting to pursue our self-interest, it is not necessarily the case (nor would it, in a free society, have to be the rule) that people, unable to resolve their problems themselves, must immediately run to the courts.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 7:22:51 AM
*likes*

LOL
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 2:25:13 PM
At 12/2/2010 6:15:29 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 12/1/2010 9:40:52 AM, Caramel wrote:

Not true. The frivolousness with which people file law suits against one another isn't just because people are self-interested. It is because we live in a culture which almost demands, in the case of interpersonal conflict, that people take their issues to court for "objective arbitration" rather than resolving the dispute amongst themselves.

Haha - do you seriously believe this stuff or does it just flow so naturally from your fingertips without having to think about it ;) Of COURSE people sue each other constantly to protect their own interests ($$$). Notice that you said people choose not to resolve the dispute themselves, yet never mentioned why.
President of DDO