Jump to topic:

A bit much for the prince?

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 12:55:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not especially an Anglophile or anything, and can't believe that i am feeling some sympathy for royalty, but don't you think this was a bit much? A little obnoxious at least? http://abcnews.go.com...
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 6:03:06 PM
At 12/10/2010 12:55:43 PM, innomen wrote:
I'm not especially an Anglophile or anything, and can't believe that i am feeling some sympathy for royalty, but don't you think this was a bit much? A little obnoxious at least? http://abcnews.go.com...

I can feel sympathy for anyone, including members of royalty, but my only real opinion about princes and princesses, kings and queens is that they should not exist, their royal and privileged status should be revoked and they should live on equal terms with the rest of society. Royalty is a cultural throwback, in countries such as the UK, to a time when dictators were believed to rule by "divine right" and wore crowns. What the persistence of such a cultural throwback tells us is that our socio-cultural programming to mentally genuflect to society's elite is still very much intact and being reinforced in supposedly democratic nations.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 6:07:17 PM
At 12/10/2010 6:05:57 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I actually agree with charlesb on this.

Oh fvck, here comes Armageddon. :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 6:10:33 PM
At 12/10/2010 6:07:17 PM, annhasle wrote:

It's not so much of charlesb opinion that is off-putting, but his lack of ability to debate, ad-hominium attacks, and closed mindedness.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2010 1:40:07 AM
At 12/10/2010 6:10:33 PM, darkkermit wrote:

It's not so much of charlesb opinion that is off-putting, but his lack of ability to debate, ad-hominium attacks, and closed mindedness.

Come on, in this he has a real flair for the obvious. What did he say in his post that was even remotely innovative in thought? Besides, who are we to say what the Brits should have, or not have. Royalty doesn't work in our country, yeah, but tell me, are senators all that different?
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 5:31:21 AM
At 12/11/2010 1:40:07 AM, innomen wrote:
At 12/10/2010 6:10:33 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Come on, in this he has a real flair for the obvious. What did he say in his post that was even remotely innovative in thought? Besides, who are we to say what the Brits should have, or not have. Royalty doesn't work in our country, yeah, but tell me, are senators all that different?

Thank you for saying the simple truth innomen - refreshing! charlesb proves that artificial intelligence is a fact and has gained access to debating sites! If we have to look up to someone it is good, because we then forget to look down at others. Certain intellectuals absolutely hate anything 'above' them - because secretly they want to be top dog! Listen, the Queen does not rule over us, Parliament does. All our history, ritual, colour etc., is symbolised by the Monarchy and we are far better for it - its far more to do with the Heart than the head. A little Beauty in a grey, drab world of corrupt politicians and charlesb the King of Monologue does not like it!
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 4:48:02 AM
I couldn't believe they attacked the Royal car - that was a bespoke, coach-built Rolls-Royce not a Ford Fiesta - do these people have no respect for craftsmanship?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 8:14:12 AM
At 12/10/2010 12:55:43 PM, innomen wrote:

This is a man who threw a hissy-fit when a doctor told him very politely that a coffee enema wouldn't cure cancer.

This is a man who is using the circumstances of his birth to force into the public light a method of thinking so deluded that we're going to have to dig up all our old George W Bush jokes and simply slap "King Charles" over the previous President's name.

This is a man who continues to be an embarrassment to my country, my species and my frickin' culture simply by existing.

Son of a bitch (sorry Maj) needs some decent opposition before he declares that he's the King of Mars.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?