Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

5 month old baby survives abortion.

Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 1:47:37 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
911 tapes that were recently released show an abortion clinic worker requesting help after a 5 month old baby survived an abortion.
Abortionists at a clinic in Phoenix tried to preform an abortion on a woman who was 21 weeks (5 months and 1 week) pregnant. The baby survived the abortion and was not killed as the abortionists wanted. When the baby was on the scale the staff noticed him/her breathing and moving. They called 911 to try to save the baby who they had been trying to kill minutes before. The baby was taken to the hospital where he/she died. http://www.11alive.com...
Its amazing that abortions are allowed this late. At 21 weeks babies can live outside the womb. https://www.youtube.com... http://news.bbc.co.uk...
Babies at that stage in the womb are not clumps of cells, even though people call them that to dehumanize them. http://www.ehd.org...
Should abortions be allowed at this stage?
AnnaCzereda
Posts: 57
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2016 9:11:13 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
"Babies at that stage in the womb are not clumps of cells"

True but pro-life activists claim that even the clumps of cells are humans. So who is to decide at which point "this" becomes a human?
He wished to turn his countenance from the smoldering rubble, but saw from amidst the embers that a few chaff would not burn away. To these, he stared into the eye of God sneering, and called them, 'Promethean.'
Carolean_Karl
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 9:03:33 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
This is the reason I think late-term abortions aren't a good idea. I'm not saying abortions should be illegal, but there should be some sort of time limit to decide whether or not to get one. I think around nine weeks - about the time the heart begins to function - is a reasonable time frame. That would give most women about a moth at least to decide.
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 2:43:00 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/24/2016 9:11:13 PM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
"Babies at that stage in the womb are not clumps of cells"

True but pro-life activists claim that even the clumps of cells are humans. So who is to decide at which point "this" becomes a human?

The "clump of cells" stage only lasts about two weeks. The fetus resembles a born baby at around 12 weeks.
Life begins at conception, thats when your DNA comes.
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 2:45:54 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/25/2016 9:03:33 PM, Carolean_Karl wrote:
This is the reason I think late-term abortions aren't a good idea. I'm not saying abortions should be illegal, but there should be some sort of time limit to decide whether or not to get one. I think around nine weeks - about the time the heart begins to function - is a reasonable time frame. That would give most women about a moth at least to decide.

That sounds reasonable. 8 weeks is when the embryo becomes a fetus. Abortions done passed 12 weeks are horrible and abortions done passed 18 weeks are the exact same as murdering newborns.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 3:51:41 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/24/2016 9:11:13 PM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
"Babies at that stage in the womb are not clumps of cells"

True but pro-life activists claim that even the clumps of cells are humans. So who is to decide at which point "this" becomes a human?

Maybe I am really a moderate on the issue, but I consider myself pro life and do not consider clumps of cells to be human.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 10:28:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/24/2016 9:11:13 PM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
"Babies at that stage in the womb are not clumps of cells"

True but pro-life activists claim that even the clumps of cells are humans. So who is to decide at which point "this" becomes a human?

Fertilization.
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 1:53:14 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/26/2016 3:51:41 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 5/24/2016 9:11:13 PM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
"Babies at that stage in the womb are not clumps of cells"

True but pro-life activists claim that even the clumps of cells are humans. So who is to decide at which point "this" becomes a human?

Maybe I am really a moderate on the issue, but I consider myself pro life and do not consider clumps of cells to be human.

http://www.ehd.org... http://www.ehd.org...
Syko
Posts: 393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 12:09:58 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/24/2016 9:11:13 PM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
"Babies at that stage in the womb are not clumps of cells"

True but pro-life activists claim that even the clumps of cells are humans. So who is to decide at which point "this" becomes a human?

Please analyse and observe the fault in your logic. To defend abortion you say pro-life activists claim that clumps of cells are humans, and imply that a late term abortion is okay because they can't define when it actually becomes a human. This doesn't deal with the argument at all.

In the given situation, a baby who could have survived outside the womb was killed, irregardless of what pro-life believes.
For Mother Russia.
AnnaCzereda
Posts: 57
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:24:48 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/5/2016 12:09:58 AM, Syko wrote:
In the given situation, a baby who could have survived outside the womb was killed, irregardless of what pro-life believes.

The baby could have survived outside the womb? But apparently, it didn't manage to survive because it died shortly after. And no, it wasn't killed, just died on its own in spite of being offered a medical help.

In my opinion, a human being should earn a legal right to live at the moment of birth. Before that, it's simply part of the mother's body.
He wished to turn his countenance from the smoldering rubble, but saw from amidst the embers that a few chaff would not burn away. To these, he stared into the eye of God sneering, and called them, 'Promethean.'
Syko
Posts: 393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 10:17:56 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/5/2016 9:24:48 PM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:09:58 AM, Syko wrote:
In the given situation, a baby who could have survived outside the womb was killed, irregardless of what pro-life believes.

The baby could have survived outside the womb? But apparently, it didn't manage to survive because it died shortly after. And no, it wasn't killed, just died on its own in spite of being offered a medical help.

In my opinion, a human being should earn a legal right to live at the moment of birth. Before that, it's simply part of the mother's body.

What's the difference between a baby at birth, and a baby 5 minutes before birth in terms of human rights? It's rather disturbing to think there are people who believe a fully formed baby doesn't have the right to life simply because it isn't in the outside world yet.
For Mother Russia.
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 3:04:46 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/5/2016 9:24:48 PM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:09:58 AM, Syko wrote:
In the given situation, a baby who could have survived outside the womb was killed, irregardless of what pro-life believes.

The baby could have survived outside the womb? But apparently, it didn't manage to survive because it died shortly after. And no, it wasn't killed, just died on its own in spite of being offered a medical help.

In my opinion, a human being should earn a legal right to live at the moment of birth. Before that, it's simply part of the mother's body.

The baby survived independent of the mom for an hour. The youngest person ever to be born, who is still alive today, was born at 21 weeks. This baby was born at 20 weeks. The childs death might have not only been caused by their premature birth but by the chemicals or tools used to abort them. Without injuries from the abortion instruments, the child could have survived.
The baby was killed. The abortionists tried to kill them when they were a fetus and when that didn't work the aboritonists called 911 to get help. It was the aboritonists actions that led to the babies death.
How late should elective abortion be allowed for? 9 months? What about past 6 months when the baby can certainly survive outside the womb ?
Hiu
Posts: 974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 10:42:07 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 5/26/2016 2:43:00 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 5/24/2016 9:11:13 PM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
"Babies at that stage in the womb are not clumps of cells"

True but pro-life activists claim that even the clumps of cells are humans. So who is to decide at which point "this" becomes a human?

The "clump of cells" stage only lasts about two weeks. The fetus resembles a born baby at around 12 weeks.
Life begins at conception, thats when your DNA comes.

Life may begin at conception but it doesn't make it sentient.
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 8:31:08 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/23/2016 10:42:07 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 5/26/2016 2:43:00 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 5/24/2016 9:11:13 PM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
"Babies at that stage in the womb are not clumps of cells"

True but pro-life activists claim that even the clumps of cells are humans. So who is to decide at which point "this" becomes a human?

The "clump of cells" stage only lasts about two weeks. The fetus resembles a born baby at around 12 weeks.
Life begins at conception, thats when your DNA comes.


Life may begin at conception but it doesn't make it sentient.

What about at 18 weeks/4 and a half months when the baby can feel pain. Or 21 weeks when the baby can live outside the womb?
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:23:35 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 8:09:41 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
I think that a fetus is a human when it can survive out of the uterus.

So by 20 weeks/5 months the fetus is a human?
TheWorldIsComplicated
Posts: 38
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 6:50:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 4:23:35 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 6/29/2016 8:09:41 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
I think that a fetus is a human when it can survive out of the uterus.

So by 20 weeks/5 months the fetus is a human?

In this case, yes, because it survived.
TheWorldIsComplicated
Posts: 38
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 6:52:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 6:50:50 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
At 6/30/2016 4:23:35 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 6/29/2016 8:09:41 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
I think that a fetus is a human when it can survive out of the uterus.

So by 20 weeks/5 months the fetus is a human?

In this case, yes, because it survived.

It still died, but It survived out of the womb for some time***
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:13:46 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/30/2016 6:50:50 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
At 6/30/2016 4:23:35 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 6/29/2016 8:09:41 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
I think that a fetus is a human when it can survive out of the uterus.

So by 20 weeks/5 months the fetus is a human?

In this case, yes, because it survived.
What about minutes before being pulled from the womb when they were at the exact same level of development? Was this baby not alive than?
TheWorldIsComplicated
Posts: 38
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 1:36:15 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 4:13:46 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 6/30/2016 6:50:50 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
At 6/30/2016 4:23:35 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 6/29/2016 8:09:41 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
I think that a fetus is a human when it can survive out of the uterus.

So by 20 weeks/5 months the fetus is a human?

In this case, yes, because it survived.
What about minutes before being pulled from the womb when they were at the exact same level of development? Was this baby not alive than?l

Well, this baby survived so I'd say it was alive
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 4:45:44 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 1:36:15 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
At 7/1/2016 4:13:46 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 6/30/2016 6:50:50 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
At 6/30/2016 4:23:35 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 6/29/2016 8:09:41 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
I think that a fetus is a human when it can survive out of the uterus.

So by 20 weeks/5 months the fetus is a human?

In this case, yes, because it survived.
What about minutes before being pulled from the womb when they were at the exact same level of development? Was this baby not alive than?l

Well, this baby survived so I'd say it was alive

So whether a baby is alive depends on whether it could live outside the womb?
Easan
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 11:09:51 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
This abortion is inhumane. They shouldnt have left it so late. I disagree with abortion in the first place.
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 3:23:01 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 11:09:51 AM, Easan wrote:
This abortion is inhumane. They shouldnt have left it so late. I disagree with abortion in the first place.

This was certainly too late. Not that it should have happened at all.
Easan
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 10:28:32 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/13/2016 3:23:01 PM, Dilara wrote:
At 7/10/2016 11:09:51 AM, Easan wrote:
This abortion is inhumane. They shouldnt have left it so late. I disagree with abortion in the first place.

This was certainly too late. Not that it should have happened at all.
Uh huh so true
Dilara
Posts: 661
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:34:26 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/13/2016 10:28:32 PM, Easan wrote:
At 7/13/2016 3:23:01 PM, Dilara wrote:
At 7/10/2016 11:09:51 AM, Easan wrote:
This abortion is inhumane. They shouldnt have left it so late. I disagree with abortion in the first place.

This was certainly too late. Not that it should have happened at all.
Uh huh so true

I don't know how people defend abortion at that stage.