Jump to topic:

black people declare their independence

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 11:56:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Black people showing up to a park in Detroit were promised free stuff and were dissappointed when they did not get a free house.
https://youtu.be...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 12:43:46 AM
At 7/5/2016 11:56:39 PM, Wylted wrote:
Black people showing up to a park in Detroit were promised free stuff and were dissappointed when they did not get a free house.
Ya know, Wylted, when I watched the video I thought it was trolling. I thought that Ramzu Yunus had promoted the idea of a Black Independence Day in Highland Park to gather residence to maybe rally and request the city for houses, and that someone else printed up phoney flyers PROMISING them free houses to incite problems, but I was wrong. Ramzu Yunus himself distributed the flyers and exploited people who have very little prospects or opportunities for economic advancement. I found his website thru a little digging but I'm not gonna post the link cuz people may spam it.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 12:48:41 AM
At 7/6/2016 12:43:46 AM, Emmarie wr
ote:
Ya know, Wylted, when I watched the video I thought it was trolling. I thought that Ramzu Yunus had promoted the idea of a Black Independence Day in Highland Park to gather residence to maybe rally and request the city for houses, and that someone else printed up phoney flyers PROMISING them free houses to incite problems, but I was wrong. Ramzu Yunus himself distributed the flyers and exploited people who have very little prospects or opportunities for economic advancement. I found his website thru a little digging but I'm not gonna post the link cuz people may spam it.

I am surprised by it myself, but to give the guy some credit. He had to be thinking people knew they would have to fight for that "free land and money". Declaring independence takes some work. I'm surprised that people actually expected to gain free stuff and took it literally
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 12:50:25 AM
At 7/6/2016 12:48:41 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/6/2016 12:43:46 AM, Emmarie wr
ote:

I am surprised by it myself, but to give the guy some credit. He had to be thinking people knew they would have to fight for that "free land and money". Declaring independence takes some work. I'm surprised that people actually expected to gain free stuff and took it literally
The guy gets no credit. I'm disgusted that someone would exploit people's neediness!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 12:52:46 AM
The guy gets no credit. I'm disgusted that someone would exploit people's neediness!

You obviously know more about this topic than me, I'll take your word that he was intentionally exploitative
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 1:03:21 AM
At 7/6/2016 12:52:46 AM, Wylted wrote:

You obviously know more about this topic than me, I'll take your word that he was intentionally exploitative

I know what it's like to be a single mom with little kids, in a community in Milwaukee that isn't as bleak as Detroit, but women were living in crowded conditions, moms, sisters, aunts, grandmas, with kids and barely surviving, wishing they could just have enough space to breathe. The guy who promoted this idea knew the conditions. He gained their trust and then he let down the very people he claimed to care about. Of course they would be upset. I'm glad it didn't erupt in serious violence. Here's' the official News Link. http://www.fox2detroit.com...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 2:57:04 AM
At 7/6/2016 1:03:21 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I know what it's like to be a single mom with little kids, in a community in Milwaukee that isn't as bleak as Detroit, but women were living in crowded conditions, moms, sisters, aunts, grandmas, with kids and barely surviving, wishing they could just have enough space to breathe. The guy who promoted this idea knew the conditions. He gained their trust and then he let down the very people he claimed to care about. Of course they would be upset. I'm glad it didn't erupt in serious violence. Here's' the official News Link. http://www.fox2detroit.com...

I'll need to look at the flyer, but it seems like it should ve interpreted to mean after a succesful revolution. If it's "black independance day" does that not mean a revolt against the xurrent government would have to be succesful and the new government would be the one givingvput free houses and 100K in whatever their new currency is?
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 3:52:36 AM
At 7/6/2016 2:57:04 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/6/2016 1:03:21 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I'll need to look at the flyer, but it seems like it should ve interpreted to mean after a succesful revolution. If it's "black independance day" does that not mean a revolt against the xurrent government would have to be succesful and the new government would be the one givingvput free houses and 100K in whatever their new currency is?

No it was clearly 100% false advertizing! I found this on his own website. I uploaded it to my photos. [http://www.debate.org...]
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 4:02:11 AM
I just found this link. It appears they did this in 2015 as well. I think there is some media bias to not present this info. If there was one in 2015 it means that many people should have known they weren't really gonna give away money and homes. The police may have in fact broken up a peaceful assembly. [http://wacptv.ning.com...]
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 4:12:17 AM
At 7/6/2016 4:02:11 AM, Emmarie wrote:
I just found this link. It appears they did this in 2015 as well. I think there is some media bias to not present this info. If there was one in 2015 it means that many people should have known they weren't really gonna give away money and homes. The police may have in fact broken up a peaceful assembly. [http://wacptv.ning.com...]

Maybe this is hindsight speaking, but it looks like the flyer is a call for revolution, and it is explaining the fruits of a succesful revolution. It looks like something those crazy right wing extremist groups would put out.

Even if somebody thought this was not the fruit of revolution. Why would anyone be gullible to fall for this?

I guess I'm shocked. The guy is obviously a part of the sovereign citizens movement which encapsulates a bunch of left and right wing extremists, and it looks like typical crap that sovereign citizens say.

Dude should have been mpre responsible than to put that crap out. I agree with you. I'm just kinda shocked people are so naive. Are these the same type of people that fall for Nigerian prince scams?
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:04:26 AM
At 7/6/2016 4:12:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/6/2016 4:02:11 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Maybe this is hindsight speaking, but it looks like the flyer is a call for revolution, and it is explaining the fruits of a succesful revolution. It looks like something those crazy right wing extremist groups would put out.

Even if somebody thought this was not the fruit of revolution. Why would anyone be gullible to fall for this?

I guess I'm shocked. The guy is obviously a part of the sovereign citizens movement which encapsulates a bunch of left and right wing extremists, and it looks like typical crap that sovereign citizens say.
I could potentially become a sovereign citizen - lol, but I wouldn't expect a free home. I actually had an idea about non- natives offering a tribe dues - kinda like union dues - to become members of the tribe. As the tribes would grow in number and capital, they could petition the government for more and more land, until people would be able to chose whether or not they wanna be a sovereign citizen belonging to a tribe or a US citizen. Impoverished people could petition a tribe to waive the membership dues, but would need to offer a service to the tribe of some kind. I'm a dreamer.

I have no problem with a Black Independence Day - I have a problem with deception and exploitation.

Dude should have been mpre responsible than to put that crap out. I agree with you. I'm just kinda shocked people are so naive. Are these the same type of people that fall for Nigerian prince scams?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:54:25 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
You are not free until you think for yourself
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%