Jump to topic:

Media Sources

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 4:42:44 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Where do you find your News and sources of information?

What are your favorite (clearly biased or opinionated) News sources?

Do any unbiased News sources exist? Which do you think are the best or most fair?
President of DDO
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 6:54:25 PM
At 7/11/2016 4:42:44 PM, Danielle wrote:

Do any unbiased News sources exist? Which do you think are the best or most fair?

I don't really read papers as 'this is what is happening', but as a story that someone is spinning to convey something. I generally think that Yes, Minister! conveyed the proper way to see them in this famous scene:

Probably the most neutral news/analysis outlet I've ever come across is the Caspian Report, by a political analyst based in politically neutral Azerbaijan. Foreign policy reporting from any major player (US, Russia, EU, China, etc.) is bound to be replete with biases.

Here's his bit on Brexit:
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 3:18:24 PM
Regrettably, I go to CNN often for news. This is only because they probably have the best website design out of all of the news outlets.
Probably WND. I also like Infowars, although Alex Jones is pretty insane.
Nope, but I think WSJ is your best bet, considering it is the most trusted throughout all political ideologies: http://www.businessinsider.com...

Also, local news is (for the most part) unbiased.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 4:07:08 PM
I mostly read the Guardian, the Independent, BBC, RT, Haaretz, EL Pais...I guess the Daily Mail for amusement purposes.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 5:26:02 PM

About half of what I get is from the BBC. The rest is scattered throughout various other sources.

I'm not sure if any "unbiased" anything exists.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 5:26:46 PM
At 7/13/2016 4:07:08 PM, Emilrose wrote:
I mostly read the Guardian, the Independent, BBC, RT, Haaretz, EL Pais...I guess the Daily Mail for amusement purposes.

I think reading The Sun is much more masochistic than Daily Mail.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 7:15:39 PM
At 7/13/2016 5:26:46 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/13/2016 4:07:08 PM, Emilrose wrote:

I think reading The Sun is much more masochistic than Daily Mail.

Oh...I don't think my masochism levels have reached that high yet.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'