Jump to topic:

Infowars

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 4:45:25 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
This forum looks dead, so I figure this might be an interesting topic.

Now personally, I get my news from all over. I'm a news junkie. I don't really need my news filtered any more than it already is, and it just so happens that Alex Jones uses a lot of sources that I already have access to. I do however have friends who listen to Alex Jones, and I do enjoy listening to his show from time to time. I can't help but ask....

Is Alex Jones part of the conspiracy?
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 10:07:59 AM
At 7/12/2016 4:45:25 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Now personally, I get my news from all over. I'm a news junkie. I don't really need my news filtered any more than it already is, and it just so happens that Alex Jones uses a lot of sources that I already have access to. I do however have friends who listen to Alex Jones, and I do enjoy listening to his show from time to time. I can't help but ask....

Everyone is part of the conspiracy. Everyone but you, Spirit and Lies.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 5:13:21 PM
Infowars sometimes brings up good points and sometimes brings up awful ones (and conspiracy theories). I guess the same could be said for all media sources. Personally I think Infowars talks about things that other media outlets might ignore, so I can appreciate their bringing attention to certain things. But as far as what they say, I think it's important to fact-check every single thing that comes out of Alex Jones' mouth... and I guess that goes for every pundit, but especially him. I can appreciate his line of thinking but I don't consider him to be the king of credible by any means.
President of DDO
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 2:42:46 AM
At 7/13/2016 5:13:21 PM, Danielle wrote:
Infowars sometimes brings up good points and sometimes brings up awful ones (and conspiracy theories). I guess the same could be said for all media sources. Personally I think Infowars talks about things that other media outlets might ignore, so I can appreciate their bringing attention to certain things. But as far as what they say, I think it's important to fact-check every single thing that comes out of Alex Jones' mouth... and I guess that goes for every pundit, but especially him. I can appreciate his line of thinking but I don't consider him to be the king of credible by any means.

I pretty much hold the same opinion.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 4:42:02 AM

I think Jones can be interesting to listen to sometimes. As a news source though, you need to know what you're going to get when you listen to him (what bias it is). If you're okay with his particular bias, then by all means use him as your favorite source. To me, he provides one of those "alternative viewpoints", even if I don't agree with it, and sometimes it can be funny and even "good".
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:49:49 PM

I get my news from both Alex Jones and Cenk Uygur and if they agree I believe :)
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
OreosAreCool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:48:08 PM
I used to watch the Alex Jones show not too long ago. Watching these conspiracy channels, and taking everything they say seriously tends to be part of that libertarian/Anarchist phase. That's not to say he's always wrong, but a lot of the videos he puts up are full of blatant fear-mongering.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 3:47:44 AM
At 7/13/2016 5:13:21 PM, Danielle wrote:

Really ?

https://www.youtube.com...

capob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2016 4:19:34 AM

I've listened to him for about a decade, and I am probably the best judge of character in the world (absolutely no data to back that up). It appears to me that Alex Jones is a very truthful, but very limited journalist. That is to say, he is not very good at anything other that his current business scope, so looking to him to answer the question of how do you fight the system is a bad idea. Instead, you should ask me that question. And the answer is, you can't fight the system, your government is in control, here's some American Gladiators

(Bill Hicks reference)

So, is Alex Jones part of the conspiracy? No. The sheer quantity of dialogue, and the content of that dialogue should make that very clear. I think people get upset that listening to Alex Jones does not cause the system to change, and that Alex Jones hasn't caused the system to change. But, like I said, he is limited.
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 5:11:21 PM
Posted: 3 months ago

https://www.google.com...
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com...
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 5:13:54 PM
Posted: 3 months ago

I trust this guy
https://youtu.be...
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com...
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 3:06:58 AM
Posted: 2 months ago

I have heard people say that he is. I have heard him speak absolute lies, proving that he is a true journalist right up there with CNN, FOX, ABC, and all the rest of them. I do like the fact that he is a patriot however.
My problem with Alex is that he uses a lot of fear tactics to scare the bejesus out of everyone. I first listened to him in 2007. He had me convinced that ww3 was going to happen that summer.
Alex does have some very interesting guests on his show. He has had world leaders on his show. I like the fact that many of them do understand the dangers of the left in this country. I do not believe that the leftist infiltration of this nation is a conspiracy. I believe they are active and have infiltrated every aspect of society. If we are not careful we will lose our freedoms.
In a nutshell, Alex is fun to listen to. He's a funny guy, but just don't take him too seriously. He's a bold face liar, but he also loves the USA and understands the dangers that we face today.
metelic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2016 12:08:41 AM
Posted: 18 hours ago

Alex Jones is a very smart and kool guy ._.