Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

We're All Going To Die

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 2:29:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
All the honey bees are disappearing and scientists don't really know why. And it's not small either, it's huge. Some species have declined over 96% recently. Many suspect disease but the strange thing is that we aren't really finding any bodies, they're just disappearing. Another likely candidate is that they just aren't mating, possibly related to climate change.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

So what does this have to do with you dieing? DOESN'T THIS RING ANY BELLS?????
Isn't this exactly what happened in the movie "The Happening" right before...(video)

Now we're all going to start jumping off buildings for no apparent reason. Just fantastic!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 2:35:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So what does this have to do with you dieing? DOESN'T THIS RING ANY BELLS?????
Isn't this exactly what happened in the movie "The Happening" right before...(video)


Now we're all going to start jumping off buildings for no apparent reason. Just fantastic!:

That was the worst M. Night Shyamalan movie he's ever made, and the worst acting performance by Mark Wahlberg.

The plot was good, but the movie sucked hairy testicles.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 3:06:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
People ought to research this more. CCD really only applies to domestic bees (bees kept and rented for the purpose of pollenating crops), not to wild bees (at least not nearly to the same extent).

The bees are basically just leaving, there is little reason to believe that they are all dying out, since there would be bodies left, or if they were being eaten, the presence of a large predator would be noticed (like dropping around the hive).

What makes me think that this is not really a big deal? That this has been a "big issue" since 2006 (4 years ago), yet our global food production continues to grow (even faster then our global population).

http://www.google.com...

http://www.google.com...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 3:08:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 3:06:15 PM, OreEle wrote:
People ought to research this more. CCD really only applies to domestic bees (bees kept and rented for the purpose of pollenating crops), not to wild bees (at least not nearly to the same extent).

The bees are basically just leaving, there is little reason to believe that they are all dying out, since there would be bodies left, or if they were being eaten, the presence of a large predator would be noticed (like dropping around the hive).

What makes me think that this is not really a big deal? That this has been a "big issue" since 2006 (4 years ago), yet our global food production continues to grow (even faster then our global population).

http://www.google.com...

http://www.google.com...

So...I will LIVE?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 3:09:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 3:08:02 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:06:15 PM, OreEle wrote:
People ought to research this more. CCD really only applies to domestic bees (bees kept and rented for the purpose of pollenating crops), not to wild bees (at least not nearly to the same extent).

The bees are basically just leaving, there is little reason to believe that they are all dying out, since there would be bodies left, or if they were being eaten, the presence of a large predator would be noticed (like dropping around the hive).

What makes me think that this is not really a big deal? That this has been a "big issue" since 2006 (4 years ago), yet our global food production continues to grow (even faster then our global population).

http://www.google.com...

http://www.google.com...

So...I will LIVE?

No, you're still gonna die, just from something else.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 3:18:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 3:09:35 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:08:02 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:06:15 PM, OreEle wrote:
People ought to research this more. CCD really only applies to domestic bees (bees kept and rented for the purpose of pollenating crops), not to wild bees (at least not nearly to the same extent).

The bees are basically just leaving, there is little reason to believe that they are all dying out, since there would be bodies left, or if they were being eaten, the presence of a large predator would be noticed (like dropping around the hive).

What makes me think that this is not really a big deal? That this has been a "big issue" since 2006 (4 years ago), yet our global food production continues to grow (even faster then our global population).

http://www.google.com...

http://www.google.com...

So...I will LIVE?

No, you're still gonna die, just from something else.

aw..
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 3:23:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 2:35:15 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

That was the worst M. Night Shyamalan movie he's ever made

Unless your talking about last airbender, thats pure ignorance for ya.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 3:25:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 3:18:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:09:35 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:08:02 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:06:15 PM, OreEle wrote:
People ought to research this more. CCD really only applies to domestic bees (bees kept and rented for the purpose of pollenating crops), not to wild bees (at least not nearly to the same extent).

The bees are basically just leaving, there is little reason to believe that they are all dying out, since there would be bodies left, or if they were being eaten, the presence of a large predator would be noticed (like dropping around the hive).

What makes me think that this is not really a big deal? That this has been a "big issue" since 2006 (4 years ago), yet our global food production continues to grow (even faster then our global population).

http://www.google.com...

http://www.google.com...

So...I will LIVE?

No, you're still gonna die, just from something else.

aw..

Sorry FREEDO, but if you have ever seen Final Destination you would know that you can't cheat death, not for long anyway.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 3:37:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 3:25:57 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:18:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:09:35 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:08:02 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:06:15 PM, OreEle wrote:
People ought to research this more. CCD really only applies to domestic bees (bees kept and rented for the purpose of pollenating crops), not to wild bees (at least not nearly to the same extent).

The bees are basically just leaving, there is little reason to believe that they are all dying out, since there would be bodies left, or if they were being eaten, the presence of a large predator would be noticed (like dropping around the hive).

What makes me think that this is not really a big deal? That this has been a "big issue" since 2006 (4 years ago), yet our global food production continues to grow (even faster then our global population).

http://www.google.com...

http://www.google.com...

So...I will LIVE?

No, you're still gonna die, just from something else.

aw..

Sorry FREEDO, but if you have ever seen Final Destination you would know that you can't cheat death, not for long anyway.

I have twice before. It's still coming for me.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 3:43:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I know that I'll never die.

Death came to get me and I asked him, "Do you come for everyone eventually?"

He said, "Yes, I will kill everyone when it is their time."

I replied, "I bet there is someone that you can never kill."

"No one is beyond the reach of Death," he said.

So I made a deal with him, "Really? I bet that I can name someone that you can't kill. And if you fail to kill them, you have to let me live."

He agreed and so I said, "I bet you can't kill yourself."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 4:03:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 3:43:48 PM, OreEle wrote:
I know that I'll never die.

Death came to get me and I asked him, "Do you come for everyone eventually?"

He said, "Yes, I will kill everyone when it is their time."

I replied, "I bet there is someone that you can never kill."

"No one is beyond the reach of Death," he said.

So I made a deal with him, "Really? I bet that I can name someone that you can't kill. And if you fail to kill them, you have to let me live."

He agreed and so I said, "I bet you can't kill yourself."

Suicide is always a possibility.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 6:30:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 4:03:27 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:43:48 PM, OreEle wrote:
I know that I'll never die.

Death came to get me and I asked him, "Do you come for everyone eventually?"

He said, "Yes, I will kill everyone when it is their time."

I replied, "I bet there is someone that you can never kill."

"No one is beyond the reach of Death," he said.

So I made a deal with him, "Really? I bet that I can name someone that you can't kill. And if you fail to kill them, you have to let me live."

He agreed and so I said, "I bet you can't kill yourself."

Suicide is always a possibility.

I think the trick is if Death dies... then he can't get orele...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 12:54:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 6:30:14 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/4/2011 4:03:27 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:43:48 PM, OreEle wrote:
I know that I'll never die.

Death came to get me and I asked him, "Do you come for everyone eventually?"

He said, "Yes, I will kill everyone when it is their time."

I replied, "I bet there is someone that you can never kill."

"No one is beyond the reach of Death," he said.

So I made a deal with him, "Really? I bet that I can name someone that you can't kill. And if you fail to kill them, you have to let me live."

He agreed and so I said, "I bet you can't kill yourself."

Suicide is always a possibility.

I think the trick is if Death dies... then he can't get orele...

So?
Just cause its a possibility doesn't mean he has to follow through with it.

For example it is possible that I will kill myself. Even though it is possible, does not mean that I have to. Thus it is still possible for me to kill others.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 12:56:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't even eat honey, I'll be fine.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 8:21:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/5/2011 12:54:39 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/4/2011 6:30:14 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/4/2011 4:03:27 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:43:48 PM, OreEle wrote:
I know that I'll never die.

Death came to get me and I asked him, "Do you come for everyone eventually?"

He said, "Yes, I will kill everyone when it is their time."

I replied, "I bet there is someone that you can never kill."

"No one is beyond the reach of Death," he said.

So I made a deal with him, "Really? I bet that I can name someone that you can't kill. And if you fail to kill them, you have to let me live."

He agreed and so I said, "I bet you can't kill yourself."

Suicide is always a possibility.

I think the trick is if Death dies... then he can't get orele...

So?
Just cause its a possibility doesn't mean he has to follow through with it.

For example it is possible that I will kill myself. Even though it is possible, does not mean that I have to. Thus it is still possible for me to kill others.

If death killed itself, it can't get oreEle, and if it doesn't, it failed to live its promise and will Have to spare him, anyway. So oreEle wins.
twsurber
Posts: 505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:30:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 2:46:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Didn't you hear me?!?!?! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

oh no! we're DOOOOOOOOOOMED!

unless...
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:36:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't think a lack of bees is that big of a problem. We'll have mass extinction of many species of plant life and some animal life, but we'll be fine.

The biggest worry for us is that a lack of genetic flux in our food might increase the risk of our crops dying from a plant-specific virus.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:41:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2011 11:36:58 AM, Kleptin wrote:
The biggest worry for us is that a lack of genetic flux in our food might increase the risk of our crops dying from a plant-specific virus.

and the fact that there'd be no more pretty flowers :/
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 11:48:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2011 11:36:58 AM, Kleptin wrote:
I don't think a lack of bees is that big of a problem. We'll have mass extinction of many species of plant life and some animal life, but we'll be fine.

I think the problem is more that bees are responsible for things like wax and honey that go to make a haul of useful products. No bees, no products. Economically, that would be very detrimental. If anyone else in this thread wants to pull up some research about the economic (and perhaps ecological effect) of dips in the bee population (and the potential implications of the extinction of the common honeybee), I'd be thankful.

The biggest worry for us is that a lack of genetic flux in our food might increase the risk of our crops dying from a plant-specific virus.

This is especially true since we're already paying farmers not to work, and since, as far as I'm aware, there was some sort of storm or flood or something over in Russia that destroyed a huge crop, which means we're facing a bit of a food shortage--something which is worsened by already-increasing food prices.
Ogan
Posts: 407
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2011 3:09:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/4/2011 2:57:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Though, seriously, this is bad thing. Bees are needed to produce food.

Spot on, and much more important than people think. No bees = no pollination - no pollination = starvation. In Britain the bee population is dwindling massively and is just as much in crisis as the USA - so the cause is not local but global. Here we have identified a parasite which kills them off, but I don't have the info to pass on. We are ordering large quantities of new bees from Australia which don't have the parasitic problem and restocking our hives across the country.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 8:05:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2011 3:09:40 PM, Ogan wrote:
Australian bees

I've heard the African Killer Bees are only expanding in America...

I know they have Honey (or else what is the African Honey Badger be after after??)

so... they've got to pollinate?.. right?

I s'pose the "killer" bit is rather un-fun.. and I have heard that they are limited in how far north they can go..

but perhaps we'll be saved by the killers.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ogan
Posts: 407
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 8:51:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2011 8:05:19 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/6/2011 3:09:40 PM, Ogan wrote:
Australian bees

I've heard the African Killer Bees are only expanding in America...

I know they have Honey (or else what is the African Honey Badger be after after??)

so... they've got to pollinate?.. right?

I s'pose the "killer" bit is rather un-fun.. and I have heard that they are limited in how far north they can go..

but perhaps we'll be saved by the killers.

True. But it's a pity they have to be 'killer bees'. By the way, apart from fish and birds dying etc., over here in Britain all our oak trees are in danger from dying from a disease contacted from... the USA! Thanks a lot friends!
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 9:31:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2011 8:21:17 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 1/5/2011 12:54:39 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/4/2011 6:30:14 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/4/2011 4:03:27 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 1/4/2011 3:43:48 PM, OreEle wrote:
I know that I'll never die.

Death came to get me and I asked him, "Do you come for everyone eventually?"

He said, "Yes, I will kill everyone when it is their time."

I replied, "I bet there is someone that you can never kill."

"No one is beyond the reach of Death," he said.

So I made a deal with him, "Really? I bet that I can name someone that you can't kill. And if you fail to kill them, you have to let me live."

He agreed and so I said, "I bet you can't kill yourself."

Suicide is always a possibility.

I think the trick is if Death dies... then he can't get orele...

So?
Just cause its a possibility doesn't mean he has to follow through with it.

For example it is possible that I will kill myself. Even though it is possible, does not mean that I have to. Thus it is still possible for me to kill others.

If death killed itself, it can't get oreEle, and if it doesn't, it failed to live its promise and will Have to spare him, anyway. So oreEle wins.

Either way, it's more likely that he was really talking to some disturbed goth kid, and when death actually comes (in it's genuine nonanthromorphized form) it will not respect any so-called "deals."

Nice try, though. Reminds me of something out of Norse mythology, but I can't quite remember the story.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
HatedeatH
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2011 4:08:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Everybody dies eventually. ;-)
It's inevitable.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2011 9:03:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/12/2011 4:08:51 AM, HatedeatH wrote:
Everybody dies eventually. ;-)
It's inevitable.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a mortality rate of 100%.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
twsurber
Posts: 505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2011 9:05:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/12/2011 9:03:30 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/12/2011 4:08:51 AM, HatedeatH wrote:
Everybody dies eventually. ;-)
It's inevitable.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a mortality rate of 100%.

Cool quote Ann! But if you believe in Enoch & Elijah and the rapture, it will drop to around 97% or something.