Jump to topic:

B-21 Raider

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 8:11:44 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Today, the Air Force announced that the formal name of the Long-Range Strike Bomber (LRS-B) which Northrop Grumman will be building is the "B-21 Raider".

The "B" designation comes from the fact that it's a bomber. The "21" part comes from the fact that it's the Air Force's first new bomber of the 21st century. The name "Raider" comes from the Doolittle Raid of WW2, and the man who unveiled the bomber's name is the last surviving member of the Doolittle Raid mission.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 8:16:18 PM
At 9/19/2016 8:11:44 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Today, the Air Force announced that the formal name of the Long-Range Strike Bomber (LRS-B) which Northrop Grumman will be building is the "B-21 Raider".

The "B" designation comes from the fact that it's a bomber. The "21" part comes from the fact that it's the Air Force's first new bomber of the 21st century. The name "Raider" comes from the Doolittle Raid of WW2, and the man who unveiled the bomber's name is the last surviving member of the Doolittle Raid mission.

I was unaware we needed more efficient ways of killing foreigners, thought we had that about mastered, oh well just put the billions on the credit card.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 2:02:54 AM
The new long range range bomber. The peacemaker. The Colt .45 ain't got nothing on you. Baby needs a new pair of cheap shoes sold high. Give us your resources, or die. Peace!
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 12:05:44 PM
As an af vet I love new toys.., in modern warfare, and future more specifically, there is no need for this. There is a concept in Arial/space warfare called the bee effect: thousands of unmanned drones, cheap, expendable, that can do the same thing. Flight surfaces and aeronautics could/can be built to withstand low extra-atmosphere without the need for all the life support