Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Iowa police officers shot

I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:31:23 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Ok, so I haven't been on this site in a really long time, and I doubt that many people even realized that as I barely posted, but I'm pretty freaked about some stuff that happened very late last night/early in the morning. Not 25 minutes away from my house in Iowa two police officers were fatally ambushed and in Urbandale and Des Moines. I don't live in Urbandale, but I live close to it and have friends who do. The whole situation is scary, yet incredibly surreal. I have seen this stuff on the news and thought that it would never affect me, yet under 25 minutes away from where I live, it most definitely happened, and I'm here at school today, classes are happening as normal. In Urbandale, where one shooting happened they shut down school today, but at mine, everyone is acting like there is nothing different, and it is comforting, terrifying, and surreal all at the same time.

Ok, this post is really just venting my emotions about this, and I don't expect many to be able to offer advice or anything, it's just nice to get it off my chest.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 6:45:39 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 4:31:23 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
Ok, so I haven't been on this site in a really long time, and I doubt that many people even realized that as I barely posted, but I'm pretty freaked about some stuff that happened very late last night/early in the morning. Not 25 minutes away from my house in Iowa two police officers were fatally ambushed and in Urbandale and Des Moines. I don't live in Urbandale, but I live close to it and have friends who do. The whole situation is scary, yet incredibly surreal. I have seen this stuff on the news and thought that it would never affect me, yet under 25 minutes away from where I live, it most definitely happened, and I'm here at school today, classes are happening as normal. In Urbandale, where one shooting happened they shut down school today, but at mine, everyone is acting like there is nothing different, and it is comforting, terrifying, and surreal all at the same time.

Ok, this post is really just venting my emotions about this, and I don't expect many to be able to offer advice or anything, it's just nice to get it off my chest.

Hope everything is okay :/
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 7:10:47 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 6:45:39 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Hope everything is okay :/

Thanks. I'm fine, just pretty freaked out. The weirdest part is that no one seems to know or care. I'm more worried about how my friends in Urbandale are handling it.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 7:11:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 7:10:47 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
At 11/2/2016 6:45:39 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Hope everything is okay :/

Thanks. I'm fine, just pretty freaked out. The weirdest part is that no one seems to know or care. I'm more worried about how my friends in Urbandale are handling it.

Probably the former (no one knows), I guess it depends on how social you are.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 7:36:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/2/2016 7:11:26 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Probably the former (no one knows), I guess it depends on how social you are.

Yeah. I'm gonna see one of my Urbandale freinds at youth group tonight so I'll find out how he's doing then.