Jump to topic:

#Calexit, please add any support you can

kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 7:01:20 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Please help California to secede from the US, it would be great for all of us.
http://www.abc10.com...
BobTheRocket2 wrote:
Arguing with a liberal is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what, it's going to knock over the pieces, crap all over the board, and strut around like it's victorious.

"Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
- Drizzt Do'Urden"
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:22:38 PM
At 11/11/2016 7:01:20 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I don't think Trump would allow it. That's a pretty long fence...Then again it looks like California might want to pay for it.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:38:35 PM
At 11/11/2016 8:22:38 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

I don't think Trump would allow it. That's a pretty long fence...Then again it looks like California might want to pay for it.

I thought they would build a wall around California, that would solve many problems.
BobTheRocket2 wrote:
Arguing with a liberal is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what, it's going to knock over the pieces, crap all over the board, and strut around like it's victorious.

"Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
- Drizzt Do'Urden"
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:45:22 PM
At 11/11/2016 8:38:35 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I thought they would build a wall around California, that would solve many problems.

Might as well. They've got their own laws, their own economy, their own cancer. Its Practically a separate country already.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 8:48:44 PM
At 11/11/2016 8:45:22 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Might as well. They've got their own laws, their own economy, their own cancer. Its Practically a separate country already.

very true, highest minimum wage of any state, highest gas prices etc etc too. No more federal money, they would go bankrupt in 2 years? maybe less?
BobTheRocket2 wrote:

- Drizzt Do'Urden"
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 4:13:58 AM

Sure thing, just like Texas should've seceded when Obama won back in 2009, right?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 1:28:37 PM
At 11/12/2016 4:13:58 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Sure thing, just like Texas should've seceded when Obama won back in 2009, right?

did Texas have the momentum, numbers and movement that we are seeing now?
BobTheRocket2 wrote:

- Drizzt Do'Urden"
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 4:04:49 PM
At 11/12/2016 1:28:37 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Point is, when a Democrat President wins, Red States will gripe and threaten to secede. When a Republican President wins, Blue States will gripe and threaten to secede.
I think the events of 150 years ago made it clear that a state may not secede from the Union. The U.S.S.R. collapsed because it made the mistake of adding a right to secede to its constitution.

The DDO Blog:

kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 5:23:30 PM
At 11/12/2016 4:04:49 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/12/2016 1:28:37 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Point is, when a Democrat President wins, Red States will gripe and threaten to secede. When a Republican President wins, Blue States will gripe and threaten to secede.
I think the events of 150 years ago made it clear that a state may not secede from the Union. The U.S.S.R. collapsed because it made the mistake of adding a right to secede to its constitution.

gripe yes, riot no
BobTheRocket2 wrote:

- Drizzt Do'Urden"
idoubtit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 9:52:04 PM

I would definitely support this, but my concern is we'd have an additional millions of illegals pouring across our border, as Californicans realize they have to pay for all their liberal policies themselves. We can live without them, but they can't live without us. But I sure do wish they'd try.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 12:58:59 AM
At 11/14/2016 9:52:04 PM, idoubtit wrote:

I would definitely support this, but my concern is we'd have an additional millions of illegals pouring across our border, as Californicans realize they have to pay for all their liberal policies themselves. We can live without them, but they can't live without us. But I sure do wish they'd try.

yeah I agree, they can't live w/o us, that state is circling the drain, just compare price of average things like gas, things you need etc.
BobTheRocket2 wrote:

- Drizzt Do'Urden"
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 3:33:39 AM
I'll admit, though, if California did secede it'd be like a gift from Heaven for the Republican Party. They'd win every election in the foreseeable future.

The DDO Blog:

kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 1:01:11 PM
At 11/15/2016 3:33:39 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I'll admit, though, if California did secede it'd be like a gift from Heaven for the Republican Party. They'd win every election in the foreseeable future.

ikr, I wonder if Trump would give them his blessing.
BobTheRocket2 wrote:

- Drizzt Do'Urden"
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2016 12:09:49 AM
Posted: 4 months ago

Support for Calexit- It would allow a full democracy to be viable without a completely biased large land mass. This would allow the destruction of the electoral college which the democrats now apparently want.
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2016 7:50:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Uhhmmm... I didn't know that. But, why do californians want to secede? You americans seem to be so homogeneous, culturally speaking. I mean, there are other independence movements in other parts of the world but they happen to culturally differ from the rest. For instance, in Catalonia people want to secede, but it is because they have been historically a different nation, they even have their own language. Well, all Spain are composed of different nations, it is a heterogeneous country.

If it is a money issue, it can be solved with a simple law. A secession seems to be so exagerated.

BR
IndustriousEastCoast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 11:18:29 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
As a Pennsylvanian, I'll gladly campaign to kick California out of the Union.

Californian culture evolved after WWII and the Cold War, and California is much less industrious than the rest of the US.

Your GDP is so high because your $14 minimum wage is double the federal set minimum. Most of the rest of the states get that minimum wage isn't supposed to be comfortable, because only people with no skills should work a minimum wage job. Raising it promotes mediocrity (Buzz Feed cough cough), as well as competition between the states, which is a big no no.

This upward spiral makes more people flock to California for the raised minimum wage, thus increasing demand of housing, thus increasing prices, and it goes on.

Californians buy a bunch more stuff they don't need, while most other states are fine working for their living. We're the ones that pulled the US through WWII and the Cold War. People can't eat movies.

I'd vote to kick California out of the Union for having such a priveledge complex that they feel the need to dictate what the rest of the US should do. You use your state rights. Thank the South for those. They fought and died for them in an bloody war, while Californians now moan that the US is just, like, too old school for California!

Being out of the Union will teach Californians humility. I'm all for it.
IndustriousEastCoast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 12:42:51 PM
Oh, and you guys are a bigger welfare state than most of Europe. Good luck with that.

Get with the program, is all I have to say to Californians. If you like the free market, show some tough love. If people aren't inclined to work for pay, they'll never get off of welfare. People need to be motivated to make a free market society work... And there's a lot of slack on the West Coast.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2017 12:01:26 AM
While we're on the topic, can we let all of the states in New England secede as well?
Mharman's latest troll: http://www.debate.org...

"Then kys. And I mean that in the most pro-town, and good-spirited way you've probably ever heard it." - Sui_Generis
"I'm a fluid Jewish veganite you thoughtless conneseur. Bow before my inclusive glory." - Quadrunner
"I hope you can keep her safe, she may break a nail and end her life over the tragedy." - kevin24018
GoldFyre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2017 2:47:12 PM
At 11/11/2016 8:48:44 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/11/2016 8:45:22 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

very true, highest minimum wage of any state, highest gas prices etc etc too. No more federal money, they would go bankrupt in 2 years? maybe less?

Bankrupt? Please. Cali has the 4th largest economy in the world. Literally one state is the 4th largest economy, better than the vast majority of countries.
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2017 1:45:57 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At 3/3/2017 12:42:51 PM, IndustriousEastCoast wrote:
Oh, and you guys are a bigger welfare state than most of Europe. Good luck with that.

Get with the program, is all I have to say to Californians. If you like the free market, show some tough love. If people aren't inclined to work for pay, they'll never get off of welfare. People need to be motivated to make a free market society work... And there's a lot of slack on the West Coast.

I'm very interested to hear more about this californian issue. Are Californians special in the US? Does it have to do with the great amount of hispanic inmigrants there in the state?
HairlessApe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 9:12:25 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
I have lived in CA. from about 1988 to 2004 and still have many friends there. There was some noise a few years ago about Northern CA. wanting to secede from CA., I think it was the Obama elections... The conservatives living in the sparely populated northern area above Sacramento.
Now that the country can see the problem with the electoral college, Californians are angry that they have to live under Conservative rule despite the popular movement of the Liberals. Less populated areas of the country now have too much political influence per capita. The electoral college has failed to do it's one and only job; prevent a psychopath from gaining office.

I believe after the civil war, secession was deemed illegal by the SCotUS. The outcry however should be looked at.

Like most major metropolitan cities, smart people move to areas of greater employment opportunities and amenities. California is a very populous State for good reason, weather, employment opportunity with higher than the national average compensation and a plethora of available activities which seems to connect well with more intelligent and liberal people. Liberal welfare and immigration policies also draw people from other States. Conservatives have effectively gerry-mandered their seats preventing challenges to those seats and set policies that drive away liberal people who don't want to simply be service workers... service workers being the dominant employment in conservative States.
One could surely argue that the Buddhist tradition, taken as a whole, represents the richest source of contemplative wisdom that any civilization has produced. -Sam Harris
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2017 11:59:17 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 4/5/2017 9:12:25 PM, HairlessApe wrote:
I have lived in CA. from about 1988 to 2004 and still have many friends there. There was some noise a few years ago about Northern CA. wanting to secede from CA., I think it was the Obama elections... The conservatives living in the sparely populated northern area above Sacramento.
Now that the country can see the problem with the electoral college, Californians are angry that they have to live under Conservative rule despite the popular movement of the Liberals. Less populated areas of the country now have too much political influence per capita. The electoral college has failed to do it's one and only job; prevent a psychopath from gaining office.

I believe after the civil war, secession was deemed illegal by the SCotUS. The outcry however should be looked at.

Like most major metropolitan cities, smart people move to areas of greater employment opportunities and amenities. California is a very populous State for good reason, weather, employment opportunity with higher than the national average compensation and a plethora of available activities which seems to connect well with more intelligent and liberal people. Liberal welfare and immigration policies also draw people from other States. Conservatives have effectively gerry-mandered their seats preventing challenges to those seats and set policies that drive away liberal people who don't want to simply be service workers... service workers being the dominant employment in conservative States.

Just so I understand, you're saying that CA is the most liberal state in the US. As a result, the average american dislikes CA because of the degree of liberalism californians uphold, especially in regards to migration policies.

Am I right?

BR
HairlessApe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2017 1:36:39 AM
At 4/10/2017 11:59:17 PM, Archaholic wrote:

Just so I understand, you're saying that CA is the most liberal state in the US. As a result, the average american dislikes CA because of the degree of liberalism californians uphold, especially in regards to migration policies.

Am I right?

BR

No, I didn't say that and I'm unsure how you got that impression from my post. Most major US cities are of a liberal bent.

https://blueshift.io...
One could surely argue that the Buddhist tradition, taken as a whole, represents the richest source of contemplative wisdom that any civilization has produced. -Sam Harris
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2017 1:53:19 AM
At 4/11/2017 1:36:39 AM, HairlessApe wrote:

Am I right?

BR

No, I didn't say that and I'm unsure how you got that impression from my post. Most major US cities are of a liberal bent.

Well, at least the most liberal of the west side.

But regardless, I would like to know why some much mockery on CA?

BR
HairlessApe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2017 3:44:04 AM
At 4/11/2017 1:53:19 AM, Archaholic wrote:

Am I right?

BR

I don't understand your comment. The East coast looks very liberal... Are you looking at the 3d map I linked?

Well, what source are you hearing this mockery from? Conservatives hate CA. because it represents liberal policies that people who live there enjoy and those people are liberals; so, since American conservatives hate liberals, they hate CA.
TheGhostOfCivilization
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2017 3:50:51 AM
Seriously? Californians were so critical of and made fun of Texans for wanting to leave the union back in 2008/2009 when Obama was elected but now in 2017 Californians are acting the same way because of Trump, but even more immature and silly than the Texans ever were. Knock on wood, Donald Trump is not going to round up all of the non-aryans and non-Christians in FEMA camps, put America under strict biblical law and be dictator for life. He is NOT Adolf Hitler. More than likely Trump will just be a very unpopular single-term president unless one of these three things happens:

He resigns
He's assassinated
He gets impeached

Trump is a horrible president. He constantly says stupid and offensive things and is very unstable along with impulsive. But Hillary is certainly no sparkling angel or a good alternative, she would not be a good president for many reasons. Where were all these angry liberals when the Democrats rigged the nomination for Hillary instead of Bernie Sanders? Trump would have certainly lost to Sanders because Sanders was the only candidate that the people actually liked, people were against Hillary because they saw her as nothing but a second Obama who's more crooked/corrupt than he was and has many more scandals than Obama did. Hillary should be our current president because she won more popular votes, but Trump won the electoral college vote so he became president. I know that it's wrong and unfair. But part of the reason why so many people voted for Trump is because of the fact that the left wing has become a party of whiny children who throw tantrums when they're offended or don't get their way, as illustrated by "Calexit", and people are very tired of it. When absolutely everything said and done by everyone is "offensive" or "racist" or "triggering", when violent protests that destroy cities are praised, when we let our enemies push us around without any retaliation and refuse to act on our word, when we let terrorism grow and kill our people overseas, when we turn our backs on our veterans, when we restrict people's freedom of choice on things such as regular soda and cigarettes, people are going to want change. Hillary was anything except change. Again, she should be our president because she received more votes than Trump did, but Trump is not the end of the world as we know it. California needs to remain in the union because, in the words of Lincoln, a house divided against itself cannot stand. This applies to all states, we are the UNITED States not the DIVIDED States. And if California leaves, which states would be next to follow? California has the highest population of any state in America which would make America a lot weaker as a nation and vulnerable to attack if California were to leave. It just isn't a good idea to have states leave the union, and we already settled the issue of if states can leave the union back in 1865 after many thousands were killed. America needs to remain in one piece and Trump isn't going to destroy America, not any more than Hillary would. We were screwed either way.
-TheGhostOfCivilization
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2017 3:36:00 PM
At 4/11/2017 3:44:04 AM, HairlessApe wrote:
At 4/11/2017 1:53:19 AM, Archaholic wrote:

Am I right?

BR

I don't understand your comment. The East coast looks very liberal... Are you looking at the 3d map I linked?

Never mind. I'm not american so I'm trying to understand how you treat each other according to the place you live.

Well, what source are you hearing this mockery from? Conservatives hate CA. because it represents liberal policies that people who live there enjoy and those people are liberals; so, since American conservatives hate liberals, they hate CA.
Everywhere. In this topic there is a post mockering on CA. In the web there are plenty of blogs doing the same thing.

BR