Jump to topic:

Free Marijuana for food donations?

Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 10:53:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not auite sure how this is possible, but I know that if a Republican was President "granny" would be holding down a slab of concrete in a jail cell right now - there's little doubt about that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...
no comment
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 2:50:15 AM
Lmao, sharing on facebook.

I think we should universalize marijuana. Pot is a right, godamnit!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 9:53:28 AM
At 1/23/2011 10:53:04 AM, Caramel wrote:
I'm not auite sure how this is possible, but I know that if a Republican was President "granny" would be holding down a slab of concrete in a jail cell right now - there's little doubt about that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...:

This is a bad idea that jeopardizes California's wonderful medical marijuana. Cali law on the matter is very clear as to its limitations, and when people do something like this, it jeopardizes the legitimacy of those who use the program, and it undermines the efforts sought to decriminalize it everywhere.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 10:02:43 AM
"offered a complimentary marijuana cigarette for every four cans of food a patient brought in this holiday season."

^^^ Hence when they donated food they needed to have a prescription for medical on file. Seems reasonably legal to me, and a quite wonderful idea.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 11:12:41 AM
At 1/25/2011 9:53:28 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 1/23/2011 10:53:04 AM, Caramel wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...:

This is a bad idea that jeopardizes California's wonderful medical marijuana. Cali law on the matter is very clear as to its limitations, and when people do something like this, it jeopardizes the legitimacy of those who use the program, and it undermines the efforts sought to decriminalize it everywhere.

The key words in your response were "jeopardizes the legitimacy."

I believe this is 180 degrees opposite of what the goal is - to increase the legitimacy. There are those who view marjiuana as fundamentally illegitimate... I attribute these people's viewpoints to social conditioning. For instance, I go to a college with older classrooms and one of them has a no smoking sign. Can you imagine a time, before we were born, when they actually had to put a sign up because it was customary to be allowed to smoke in class? Can you imagine a time when a weapon-toting airport customs guard could take his employer to court for making him submit to a piss test? You cannot because you are conditioned to think that right now is how it always has and always will be. I have found that social conditioning is remarkably strong... The reason is because people link pride to their opinions. So once you are fed the garbage, you defend it blindly.

I also attribute this to the fact that at some point in our history we decided that "there ought to be a law" was part of the Bill of Rights.

For people like me who believe it is not fundamentally illegitimate, it strengthens legitimacy. What you are asking us to do is to play "good druggies" and suck up to the other crowd to increase our democratic chances of success. Most will play that game, and yes, people like Granny and I probably make their lives more difficult than they need to be, but that is only because we refuse to recognize a system that is abusing us.
no comment
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 1:23:02 PM
At 1/25/2011 10:02:43 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
"offered a complimentary marijuana cigarette for every four cans of food a patient brought in this holiday season."

^^^ Hence when they donated food they needed to have a prescription for medical on file. Seems reasonably legal to me, and a quite wonderful idea.:

Maybe I'm not understanding where the donation was made, and to whom it was donated to.

You have to have a doctor's prescription to obtain medical marijuana. I can't get my presecription and donate it to someone who doesn't. It would be like me donating Xanax that a doctor to prescribed to me. It's illegal. BUT, if this was donated within the confines of a dispensary, where only patients using marijuana go, then it is perfectly legal.

But if that's the case then what's the point of the thread?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 1:36:57 PM

I believe this is 180 degrees opposite of what the goal is - to increase the legitimacy. There are those who view marjiuana as fundamentally illegitimate... I attribute these people's viewpoints to social conditioning. For instance, I go to a college with older classrooms and one of them has a no smoking sign. Can you imagine a time, before we were born, when they actually had to put a sign up because it was customary to be allowed to smoke in class? Can you imagine a time when a weapon-toting airport customs guard could take his employer to court for making him submit to a piss test? You cannot because you are conditioned to think that right now is how it always has and always will be. I have found that social conditioning is remarkably strong... The reason is because people link pride to their opinions. So once you are fed the garbage, you defend it blindly.:

I'm not defending the law, just pointing out its existence. I'm trying to protect the marijuana consumer so that once the legitimacy of the program can be proven, all the domino's against the war on marijuana will fall one by one. All I'm saying is that one has to be smart about it.

For people like me who believe it is not fundamentally illegitimate, it strengthens legitimacy. What you are asking us to do is to play "good druggies" and suck up to the other crowd to increase our democratic chances of success. Most will play that game, and yes, people like Granny and I probably make their lives more difficult than they need to be, but that is only because we refuse to recognize a system that is abusing us.:

By acting like what law enforcement expects, you confirm their very reasons for outlawing it to begin with. Why not beat them at their own game by saying, look how responsible we are? This proves that your war against the drug was ridiculous all these years. It leaves them in an indefensible position, and they have to concede the point.

By openly and brazenly flouting the law, it only hurts the medicinal marijuana users. And believe me, they won't be happy that a few people f*cked up a good thing for the many.

You and I both know that the war on drugs is nonsense and needs amending. The rules for medicinal marijuana in California are already very loose as it is, and that's a good thing. By mocking the law though, it only means they're going to clamp down, or worse, stop the program altogether. It will validate what the neo-cons claimed! "See, I told you this disaster would happen. They're just looking for an excuse to get high." Why even give them a leg to stand on?
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 11:28:42 PM
At 1/25/2011 1:36:57 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

I believe this is 180 degrees opposite of what the goal is - to increase the legitimacy. There are those who view marjiuana as fundamentally illegitimate... I attribute these people's viewpoints to social conditioning. For instance, I go to a college with older classrooms and one of them has a no smoking sign. Can you imagine a time, before we were born, when they actually had to put a sign up because it was customary to be allowed to smoke in class? Can you imagine a time when a weapon-toting airport customs guard could take his employer to court for making him submit to a piss test? You cannot because you are conditioned to think that right now is how it always has and always will be. I have found that social conditioning is remarkably strong... The reason is because people link pride to their opinions. So once you are fed the garbage, you defend it blindly.:

I'm not defending the law, just pointing out its existence. I'm trying to protect the marijuana consumer so that once the legitimacy of the program can be proven, all the domino's against the war on marijuana will fall one by one. All I'm saying is that one has to be smart about it.

For people like me who believe it is not fundamentally illegitimate, it strengthens legitimacy. What you are asking us to do is to play "good druggies" and suck up to the other crowd to increase our democratic chances of success. Most will play that game, and yes, people like Granny and I probably make their lives more difficult than they need to be, but that is only because we refuse to recognize a system that is abusing us.:

By acting like what law enforcement expects, you confirm their very reasons for outlawing it to begin with. Why not beat them at their own game by saying, look how responsible we are? This proves that your war against the drug was ridiculous all these years. It leaves them in an indefensible position, and they have to concede the point.

"Look how responsible we are." P_L has unwittingly stumbled upon the new marijuana party slogan.

By openly and brazenly flouting the law, it only hurts the medicinal marijuana users. And believe me, they won't be happy that a few people f*cked up a good thing for the many.

You and I both know that the war on drugs is nonsense and needs amending. The rules for medicinal marijuana in California are already very loose as it is, and that's a good thing. By mocking the law though, it only means they're going to clamp down, or worse, stop the program altogether. It will validate what the neo-cons claimed! "See, I told you this disaster would happen. They're just looking for an excuse to get high." Why even give them a leg to stand on?

Conservatives aren't wrong about the relationship between drugs and responsibility - they are wrong about making laws based on responsibility. If you believe the government is our shephard, then there's absolutely no reason to legalize illicit drugs. I'm done playing liberal and disagreeing with conservatives while trying to stand in between the lines of authority and money. This is where the "we're not that irresponsible drug users" foreplay comes in. I'm not looking just for decriminalization...
no comment