Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Egypt and Tunisia

askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 8:25:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
A wave that will spread across the middle east. Hopefully for more modern democratic governments who will increase the education in that area and reduce poverty.

Hopefully this isn't going to allow another islamic state that spreads extremism across africa.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 8:43:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/27/2011 8:25:39 AM, askbob wrote:
A wave that will spread across the middle east. Hopefully for more modern democratic governments who will increase the education in that area and reduce poverty.

Hopefully this isn't going to allow another islamic state that spreads extremism across africa.

Hope you're right, man...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 12:41:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
America won't permit the destabilisation of the libyan dictatorship at this time, so if this does catch on expect intervention against it. We don't really want the arab to evolve.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
HatedeatH
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 2:38:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm pretty sure all the recent action in Tunisia was due to people being upset over secularism. Another islamic dictatorship, here we come.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 2:38:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
lol,

Nothing is going to happen in Egypt. The Tunisian event is self evoked by Ben Ali.

btw - Egypt is democratic by conventional western definitions, Tunisia is what we'd call an authoritarian democracy.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 1:36:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/27/2011 2:38:41 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
lol,

Nothing is going to happen in Egypt. The Tunisian event is self evoked by Ben Ali.

btw - Egypt is democratic by conventional western definitions,

No, it really is not.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 6:16:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
not that I'm a fan of democracy, but how can it be lived up to even remotely when the ruling party declares certain political parties ineligible for office based on the content of their ideology?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
HatedeatH
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 6:23:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/28/2011 6:16:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
not that I'm a fan of democracy, but how can it be lived up to even remotely when the ruling party declares certain political parties ineligible for office based on the content of their ideology?

By your argument, germany isn't democratic because they ban the nazi party.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
TheAtheistAllegiance
Posts: 1,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 12:13:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/28/2011 6:23:13 PM, HatedeatH wrote:
At 1/28/2011 6:16:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
not that I'm a fan of democracy, but how can it be lived up to even remotely when the ruling party declares certain political parties ineligible for office based on the content of their ideology?

By your argument, germany isn't democratic because they ban the nazi party.

Mubarak rigs the elections and has been in power for 30 years. Egypt is not a democracy...
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 3:48:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/28/2011 6:23:13 PM, HatedeatH wrote:
At 1/28/2011 6:16:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
not that I'm a fan of democracy, but how can it be lived up to even remotely when the ruling party declares certain political parties ineligible for office based on the content of their ideology?

By your argument, germany isn't democratic because they ban the nazi party.

Correct. Germany isn't democratic.

It may be an inconsistent facade of democracy, like most countries. But not democratic.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.