Jump to topic:

Day of Departure

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 2:36:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The protests in Egypt continue to grow, rather then fade. Those that helped plan the Day of Anger, Friday of Anger, and the March of Millions are planning on doing the Day of Departure on Feb 4th, in front of the presidential palace.

As seeing as the violence has taken a step up in the last days, what do people suspect might happen on this day?

Will the protests continue to grow after this? Or is this the climax of it all?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 2:44:12 PM
Can you elaborate on this? I haven't heard of any of these "days".
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 2:52:14 PM
At 2/2/2011 2:44:12 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Can you elaborate on this? I haven't heard of any of these "days"

How about googling those "days"

It's been all over the national news.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 3:00:15 PM
At 2/2/2011 2:52:14 PM, askbob wrote:
At 2/2/2011 2:44:12 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Can you elaborate on this? I haven't heard of any of these "days"

How about googling those "days"

It's been all over the national news.

Been watching CNN all morning. I've checked a few sites online, and I'm still a little confused. The only google results seem to be travel sites (ironically).
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 5:08:53 PM
I'll go ahead and make a prediction on this.

I think that the violence will grow, stemming from the "pro-mubarak" people, and tomorrow we will see less people there for peaceful protests and more anti-mobarak vs pro-mubarak conflicts.

The numbers will then come out in mass on friday to try to throw Mubarak out of his palace. The event will be see some pro-mubarak supporters arriving to peacefully protest at first, but violence will likely erupt in an hour or so. During the building violence, some anti-mubarak people will try to break in and forcefully remove him (being stirred by their strong feelings and the violence that is causing adrenaline rushes).

The first wave of anti-mubarak people that try to forcefully remove him (which will probably be low in numbers, a few dozen to maybe a hundred) will end up being gunned down by soldiers guarding the palace (who, until now, were just standing by guarding). Shortly after that, a large number of protestors will get pissed and storm the palace (tens of thousands of people) and while many may get killed (depending on how much the military gets involved, they might even let them go, they are already blowing off other orders, like the curfew), they will ultimately either chase him out or even catch him (of which, I imagine the crowd may kill him).

This will spark a large conflict between the pros and antis, bordering on range of a civil war. And likely, a military figure will take control and use the military as a police force to halt the growing violence. I then believe that whoever takes control at that time, will come forth and willingly give up control once the violence ends, and elections can take place (either at the end of summer, or maybe sooner, if they are bumped up).

Anyway, that is my prediction. Or, what would be better, would be if the police forces turned on mubarak and removed him themselves, that would likely prevent a lot of deaths of the people fighting against the police and would also largely shut up the pro-mubarak people.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"