/b/ attacking informist

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 12:26:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.msnbc.msn.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 12:38:51 PM
http://twitter.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 12:39:26 PM
http://hbgary.com...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 12:42:11 PM
http://ifile.it...

This doc is unbelievably interesting
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 12:44:45 PM
"Do I regret it now? Sure," he says, with a short laugh. "I'm getting personal threats from people, and I have two kids. I have two four-year old kids. Nothing is worth that."
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 12:45:45 PM
To his credit, Barr did not expect Anonymous' reaction to be quite so ferocious. "I had expected some potential retribution," he says. "I knew some folks would take my research as some kind of personal attack which it absolutely was not. I thought they might take down our Web site with a DDoS attack. I did not prepare for them to do what they did."

For now Barr is working on damage control to his reputation as well as trying to make sense of what's happened. "I just feel a bit exhausted by the whole thing," he says. His biggest problem is the thousands of personal emails that have been released into cyberspace.

"I'm going to contact people I've exchanged e-mails with and just tell them what's going on. The rest I'll deal with as it comes," he says.

Barr adds that Anonymous is also not quite done with him. "They're trying to pop my home router. I'm watching IP traffic and they're trying to get my home box," he says. "So I just unplugged it."
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 12:51:54 PM
At 2/8/2011 12:49:25 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/8/2011 12:43:05 PM, badger wrote:
class!

or lack there of, lol.

matter of opinion i suppose. personally, i think the existence of an unruled cyber army is pretty damn cool! and i want to be part of it!
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 12:52:25 PM
At 2/8/2011 12:51:54 PM, badger wrote:
class!

or lack there of, lol.

matter of opinion i suppose. personally, i think the existence of an unruled cyber army is pretty damn cool! and i want to be part of it!

...well, i want to be able to destroy stuff like they can.
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 12:55:59 PM
class!

or lack there of, lol.

Of course, who doesn't want to be able to destroy things with no consequence for themselves?

Though they are extremely hypocritical. They defend wikileaks (to the point of attacking companies that broke away from it) for the freedom of information and the 1st amendment (supporting the outing of information on our government and companies), but when someone tries to out information on them, they throw a hissy fit.

http://xkcd.com...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 1:01:56 PM
At 2/8/2011 12:55:59 PM, OreEle wrote:
class!

or lack there of, lol.

Of course, who doesn't want to be able to destroy things with no consequence for themselves?

well no.. it wasn't that i was going for.. more the extent of the damge they cause..

Though they are extremely hypocritical. They defend wikileaks (to the point of attacking companies that broke away from it) for the freedom of information and the 1st amendment (supporting the outing of information on our government and companies), but when someone tries to out information on them, they throw a hissy fit.

like i care :)

funny!
signature
Heathen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 10:32:09 AM
Even more proof that you shouldn't mess with Anonymous.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 1:29:16 PM
At 2/8/2011 12:55:59 PM, OreEle wrote:
class!

or lack there of, lol.

They didn't defend wikileaks for the 1st amendment.
Anon is not a "good guy."
Anon is not some sort of army set forth to defend the bill of rights.
They do what they want, when they want, because they want to.
They had to prove the point that trying to find out who anon is is not worth the returned fire that you face.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:06:05 PM
At 2/13/2011 1:29:16 PM, zGodMode wrote:
They didn't defend wikileaks for the 1st amendment.
That wasn't the only reason, no. They also did it to oppose government secrecy.
Anon is not a "good guy."
Subjective.
Anon is not some sort of army set forth to defend the bill of rights.
Yep. More like a special operations force than an army.
They do what they want, when they want, because they want to.
That's the natural course of human action, yes.

Anonymous fights for freedom and democracy, and the United States government is trying to stop it. Whose side are they on?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light