More on Fox

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:18:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 12:34:16 PM, theLwerd wrote:
As if there was still any doubt about their "fair and balanced" reporting. Fox supporters are a joke.

http://mediamatters.org...

This seems a lot like the Wikileaks "revelations": an insider account, confirming the blatantly obvious, that will be completely ignored by the mainstream population.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:19:09 PM
I still want to see the documents though that Assange claims he has on Murdoch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 12:04:50 PM
One of my all-time favorites from Fox. "Drug lords" are "invading your family's neighborhood" and "growing massive amounts" of "killer marijuana [which will kill you]" and "booby trapping the houses to explode."
no comment
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 11:43:18 AM
At 2/12/2011 12:04:50 PM, Caramel wrote:
YouTube video

This video is from the same guy who attacked Fox for the funny clips that they show at the end of their segments. Thinking that they were serious.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 12:21:08 PM
At 2/13/2011 11:43:18 AM, mongeese wrote:
At 2/12/2011 12:04:50 PM, Caramel wrote:
YouTube video

This video is from the same guy who attacked Fox for the funny clips that they show at the end of their segments. Thinking that they were serious.

This broadcast seems legitimate to me, both in that it is serious and that it isn't atypical or unexpected of what they would air. The company that produced Reefer Madness was absorbed by Fox, for crying out loud!
no comment
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 2:35:52 PM
"Damn Commie Arabs, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!"
~Quote: The Head Fox News Executive~
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 10:28:03 AM
As if there was still any doubt about their "fair and balanced" reporting. Fox supporters are a joke.

Is there any mainstream media that could claim 'fair and balanced?' I would think such a show would not be economically feasible.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 10:43:45 AM
At 2/14/2011 10:28:03 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Is there any mainstream media that could claim 'fair and balanced?' I would think such a show would not be economically feasible.

Isn't that the truth.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 10:59:53 PM

There's no value in being unbiased?
no comment
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 11:38:12 PM
At 2/14/2011 10:43:45 AM, lewis20 wrote:

Isn't that the truth.

The Daily Show.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2011 1:52:15 AM
At 2/14/2011 11:38:12 PM, zGodMode wrote:

Isn't that the truth.

The Daily Show.

Is funny, whats your point.

belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2011 2:09:19 AM
no different than abortion advocates painting themselves as "pro choice" or.... pretty everyone claiming to want to protect freedom :P

dunno why its shocking that people twist words to their advantage. and anyways i think fox has bigger problems than just word choice lol
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2011 9:14:48 AM

Isn't that the truth.

I dunno, i'd love to watch something on TV again, and i think there are a lot of others who have turned off the television too.

I've asked people what i should listen to for a fair representation and i've been told NPR...seriously. It's all slanted crap as far as i am concerned. I rarely can find out what's truly going on in the world from any of these media sources. My favorite news source is actually the Wall Street Journal.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2011 9:28:10 AM
I enjoy CNN. Anderson Cooper's show is probably the most fair and balanced thing I've come across in mainstream media. Every night he has a segment where he calls people out on their BS - people on the right and left.
President of DDO
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 1:51:42 AM
At 2/15/2011 2:09:19 AM, belle wrote:
no different than abortion advocates painting themselves as "pro choice" or.... pretty everyone claiming to want to protect freedom :P

dunno why its shocking that people twist words to their advantage. and anyways i think fox has bigger problems than just word choice lol

I always though 'pro life' was more rhetorical. I mean, if you're not pro-life, then you are necessarily pro-death, aren't you? I would hope that every person, regarding every cause, would be pro-life at least in theory! Even a pro-choicer is pro-life when the life of the mother is at stake, after all.

Furthermore, calling pro-choicers 'abortion advocates' is misleading. I'm pro-choice and I don't go around advocating abortions to people, I simply don't want the state getting involved with what a woman and a doctor decide to do. And the deception here is clear; why else would people have bumper stickers that suggest that "thank god your parents chose life" or else you wouldn't be here? Pro-choicers are painted not as people who are resisting government intervention in the womb, but as people who are promoting abortions even to people who have no reason and no intention to even consider it. I think that pro-lifers are concerned about a perceived slippery slope where, once they let down their guard, abortions will start gaining in popularity (population control?). I've heard that in China women have been known to intentionally impregnate themselves and then abort in some attempt to lose weight but I've never bothered to verify it.
no comment
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 1:56:45 AM
At 2/16/2011 1:51:42 AM, Caramel wrote:

I always though 'pro life' was more rhetorical. I mean, if you're not pro-life, then you are necessarily pro-death, aren't you? I would hope that every person, regarding every cause, would be pro-life at least in theory! Even a pro-choicer is pro-life when the life of the mother is at stake, after all.

Furthermore, calling pro-choicers 'abortion advocates' is misleading. I'm pro-choice and I don't go around advocating abortions to people, I simply don't want the state getting involved with what a woman and a doctor decide to do. And the deception here is clear; why else would people have bumper stickers that suggest that "thank god your parents chose life" or else you wouldn't be here? Pro-choicers are painted not as people who are resisting government intervention in the womb, but as people who are promoting abortions even to people who have no reason and no intention to even consider it. I think that pro-lifers are concerned about a perceived slippery slope where, once they let down their guard, abortions will start gaining in popularity (population control?). I've heard that in China women have been known to intentionally impregnate themselves and then abort in some attempt to lose weight but I've never bothered to verify it.

trust me, i'm not excusing the right for their use of words to slant opinion. i'm only pointing out that they are characteristic of politics in general rather than any particular point of view.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 8:45:05 AM

Awesome, the second one is going on my facebook.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 8:58:14 AM
At 2/16/2011 2:44:42 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I don't even see the point in attacking Fox News anymore. It's simply indefensible.

I quite enjoy the sources since my dad does try to defend it, very often.
He says its the most fair and balanced......funny when his gf's kids mis-behave he makes them watch glenn beck and stuff. Makes me wonder if ignorant republicans come from being disobedient children....
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 10:46:23 AM
At 2/16/2011 2:44:42 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I don't even see the point in attacking Fox News anymore. It's simply indefensible.

ya why don't we bash MSNBC, it's not popular to hate them yet and I find commentators on there just as annoying.

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 7:01:53 AM
Fox News is not the only media outlet that uses sensationalist headlines to play on the prejudices of their viewers and readers.

In Germany, where there is a large Turkish minority, the daily national newspaper Die Welt today splashed the following headline over its front page:

"Türke soll Nachbarsmädchen lebendig begraben haben"

(Turk buried girl next door alive)

http://www.welt.de...

Reading this a German citizen might assume that it was a little German girl living next door to some psychopathic Turkish immigrant that had been buried alive.

However, if you read the full article, you will discover the incident happened in Turkey and it was not the action of some evil, child-killing monster but that what actually happened was an older boy was squabbling with the little girl next door over a cat and he pushed her and she knocked herself unconscious as she fell over. Fearing that he'd killed her, he panicked and buried her. However, the pathology report showed that she was still breathing when she was buried and that she died through suffocation.

Clearly this boy needs to be either punished and should probably also receive mental health treatment, but should it really be that big a news story for Germans? It didn't make the headlines in any country as far as I am aware.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 7:08:12 AM
At 2/16/2011 1:51:42 AM, Caramel wrote:

I always though 'pro life' was more rhetorical. I mean, if you're not pro-life, then you are necessarily pro-death, aren't you? I would hope that every person, regarding every cause, would be pro-life at least in theory! Even a pro-choicer is pro-life when the life of the mother is at stake, after all.:

The terms pro-choice and pro-life are misleading, as if pro-choice advocates hate life or as if pro-life advocates hate choosing things.

The debate is about abortion, specifically. Call it pro-abortion or anti-abortion, because that's applicable.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Sam_Lowry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 1:53:04 PM
The debate is about abortion, specifically. Call it pro-abortion or anti-abortion, because that's applicable.

Pro abortion rights is even better, as a good number of "pro choice" people do not consider themselves "pro abortion".
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 1:28:30 AM
Most recent one
turrible
http://news.yahoo.com...

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 9:21:54 AM
At 2/16/2011 10:46:23 AM, lewis20 wrote:
ya why don't we bash MSNBC, it's not popular to hate them yet and I find commentators on there just as annoying.

Bull. Nobody takes MSNBC seriously either.
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 10:04:35 AM
At 2/18/2011 1:28:30 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Most recent one
turrible
http://news.yahoo.com...:

Read that this morning.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 10:08:16 AM
Fox and MSNBC are the most watched and most bullcrap news source around.

Wall Street Journal
Internet Articles
And Forums are how most of my news education is received.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos