interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 10:51:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is the question of the day. By nature they may be smarter. But I think
that they do have their weaknesses. Women have a tendency to contradict
themselves without being aware of that. Especially during a debate. And they also get caught up in their
emotions which can cause them to overthink or overreact to certain situations
or thing. So what do you think ? Men are better thinkers. Men are more
technical when it comes to being smart and finding solutions. And we are
more manual by nature. Are Women smarter than Men ?
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 11:01:05 AM
Yes; Asian atheistic women with natural pink hair are the smartest.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 11:14:02 AM
Men are not "better thinkers." Typically men and women have particular strengths and weaknesses; however, stereotypes do not always apply. I could also argue several ways in which women are smarter than men (generally speaking) right off the bat. The idea that women contradict themselves more than men is absurd and the OP hasn't given us any reason to accept that. It's true that women tend to be more emotional, but that can easily be a strength and not necessarily a weakness as the OP implies.
President of DDO
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 11:23:13 AM
Men and women are better at different things, just like any other group.

Men tend to be better at science and/or math and women tend to be better at language
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 11:24:36 AM
At 2/17/2011 11:14:02 AM, Danielle wrote:
Men are not "better thinkers." Typically men and women have particular strengths and weaknesses; however, stereotypes do not always apply. I could also argue several ways in which women are smarter than men (generally speaking) right off the bat. The idea that women contradict themselves more than men is absurd and the OP hasn't given us any reason to accept that. It's true that women tend to be more emotional, but that can easily be a strength and not necessarily a weakness as the OP implies.

Several arguments could be made both ways. But when one gets into broad brushing genders, then one is only setting oneself up for a failure.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 11:28:30 AM
Men are at a disadvantage, because they have two minds, but are only capable of thinking with one at a time.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 11:51:34 AM
At 2/17/2011 11:28:30 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Men are at a disadvantage, because they have two minds, but are only capable of thinking with one at a time.

I heard god made adam, realized his mistake and fixed it. Thus eve was made.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 11:55:38 AM
At 2/17/2011 10:51:20 AM, interrogator wrote:
themselves without being aware of that. Especially during a debate. And they also get caught up in their

Apparently women are more likely to occupy the middle ground when it comes to IQ and men are more likely to occupy both the low and high end of the spectrum. So the best examples of stupidity and genius are male. However, obviously it is not clear cut and so gender should not be used to discriminate.

One thing is true, is that women are actively conditioned to be dependent on men, this can make many women effectively less intelligent than men. It is a cultural pull that can be resisted. I find this very often in the workplace, where women will often turn to men for assistance on tasks that they are more than capable of doing, and no one bats an eyelid. If a man were to behave like this he would be fired. Men are held to a higher standard, women to a lower standard and the two genders conform to that. (Mind you it depends where you work etc etc).

Again I am talking of generalisations and correlations.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 11:58:20 AM
more manual by nature.:

You're just full of preconceived notions, aren't ya?!

Are Women smarter than Men ?:

No, neither is smarter than the other. If you were to randomly select 50 women and 50 men from diverse backgrounds the information would more than likely be inconclusive. That's because neither men or women are inherently smarter than one another.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 12:02:09 PM
At 2/17/2011 11:23:13 AM, lovelife wrote:
women tend to be better at language

I'm pretty sure this actually isn't true... I linked to a study last time this came up talking with Lwerd..

Women are more likely to be proficient with language than Men...
(with a significant number of men being Really bad)

but men are more likely to be very adept with using language compared to women...
(with a significant number of men being Really good)

with the numbers on either side the averages balance out pretty even.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 12:08:22 PM
At 2/17/2011 12:02:09 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I'm pretty sure this actually isn't true... I linked to a study last time this came up talking with Lwerd..

but men are more likely to be very adept with using language compared to women...

also.. of course.. it's not that women don't have any dummies or masters among their number... they do... just not in the same numbers as do men.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 12:08:32 PM
At 2/17/2011 11:55:38 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Apparently women are more likely to occupy the middle ground when it comes to IQ and men are more likely to occupy both the low and high end of the spectrum. So the best examples of stupidity and genius are male. However, obviously it is not clear cut and so gender should not be used to discriminate.

One thing is true, is that women are actively conditioned to be dependent on men, this can make many women effectively less intelligent than men. It is a cultural pull that can be resisted. I find this very often in the workplace, where women will often turn to men for assistance on tasks that they are more than capable of doing, and no one bats an eyelid. If a man were to behave like this he would be fired. Men are held to a higher standard, women to a lower standard and the two genders conform to that. (Mind you it depends where you work etc etc).

Women are held to much higher standards for respect. And even if they are the best, they are often accused of things such as sleeping with the boss to get there.

For example if a woman were to get on the football team, or weightlifting (lets go with weight lifting)
She has to be the best one at it or else she's just a "weak female" and ppl will treat her like a baby the rest of her life, and increase the sexism if she so much comes in second place. She *has* to be the best to get any credit for being good, unless she's only competing with females.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 12:10:14 PM

Nah I was talking about like english and reading classes. Not specifically about word choice or getting the message out. Idk I forgot what I was talking about......w00t.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 12:17:00 PM
At 2/17/2011 12:10:14 PM, lovelife wrote:

Nah I was talking about like english and reading classes. Not specifically about word choice or getting the message out. Idk I forgot what I was talking about......w00t.

"w00t"? Lovelife? Is "woot" a swearword like "fagg0t" that is banned on this site?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 12:30:20 PM
At 2/17/2011 12:08:32 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/17/2011 11:55:38 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Women are held to much higher standards for respect. And even if they are the best, they are often accused of things such as sleeping with the boss to get there.

For example if a woman were to get on the football team, or weightlifting (lets go with weight lifting)
She has to be the best one at it or else she's just a "weak female" and ppl will treat her like a baby the rest of her life, and increase the sexism if she so much comes in second place. She *has* to be the best to get any credit for being good, unless she's only competing with females.

I'd disagree. In Oregon, we have some girls on some highschool football teams, and they are not treated any differently, except when they get injured (but even then, the "outcry" was rather small and short lived). Girls can actually make great football players in certain positions.

The only thing that people don't want to see is a girl being put into a situation that she is not qualified for, for the sake of gender equality (like putting a girl on a foot ball team, just because she is a girl, rather then because she is good).

I'd also disagree with the notion that women of success are accussed of sleeping their way to the top. These are only rumors that are spread when young women of low experience get high level positions. Similar rumors are done for young men that get positions above their experience level (accused of have rich parents or of brown nosing). So it is more of an age thing, then a gender thing.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Kimboslice926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 1:10:08 PM
"This is the question of the day. By nature they may be smarter. But I think
themselves without being aware of that."

agreed but men can do that sometime too

"Especially during a debate. And they also get caught up in their
or thing."

sure but not all women..some actually think like guys, Believe it or not

So what do you think ?
"Men are better thinkers."

I think a lot too but I'm a girl. I feel like that was more of a opinion than fact. How do you determine whether Men actually think better than women?

'Men are more technical when it comes to being smart and finding solutions."

I don't think like the whole idea Justin Lookadoo see things...people say women think different from guys and I get that... but the way you view things is more determined on your upbringing

"And we are more manual by nature."

Says who? Wasn't it said that women mature quicker than men do? Maturity doesn't really depend on maturity to be honest..it's more of what happens to you which determines how fast you actually mentally grow up

"Are Women smarter than Men ?"

neither
I'm not saying whether women are smarter or not because I don't know...and maturity doesn't determine how smart you are...ever met a genius who makes you want to pull your hair out because they still act like a kid?
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 2:20:16 PM
I agree with the OP. Women typically cannot make any important decisions outside of the kitchen. Woodrow Wilson dun-goofed by giving them the right to vote.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 2:29:28 PM
At 2/17/2011 12:17:00 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 2/17/2011 12:10:14 PM, lovelife wrote:

"w00t"? Lovelife? Is "woot" a swearword like "fagg0t" that is banned on this site?

yes, yes it is.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 2:34:01 PM

Can you re-post it?

From what I can tell, the female brain circuits for communication, intuition, emotional memory and anger suppression grow unabated in females, while male testosterone kills those cells. The circuits for social and verbal connection are more naturally hardwired in females. During teenage years in particular, estrogen floods girls' brains activating oxytocin and sex-specific brain circuits: specifically for talking, flirting, etc.

Also, verbal areas of the brain are bigger in females than males. On average women talk and listen a lot more than men. Girls on average speak at least 2x more, and start at an earlier age. Young boys eventually catch up in their vocabulary but not speed or overlapping speech.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 2:34:54 PM

LOL You're ridiculous, kid. Please show me how you came to your ridiculous conclusions.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 2:39:30 PM
At 2/17/2011 12:30:20 PM, OreEle wrote:

I'd disagree. In Oregon, we have some girls on some highschool football teams, and they are not treated any differently, except when they get injured (but even then, the "outcry" was rather small and short lived). Girls can actually make great football players in certain positions.

Perhaps its an area thing, but a few years back when I was in band we were doing marching exercises, very similar to simon says.
about 250 kids in the class, played the little competition for most of the class, and in the last 5 mins it was down to just me and another clarinetist, who tends to always be the best.
He tripped me, I missed a command, he won.

From that moment on I was made fun of for being a failure, and for trying to win something that women shouldn't have been doing.
Maybe its an area thing.
Maybe ppl just hate me.
But it seems to always be the case.

The only thing that people don't want to see is a girl being put into a situation that she is not qualified for, for the sake of gender equality (like putting a girl on a foot ball team, just because she is a girl, rather then because she is good).

Yeah "equality" for the sake of it is bullsh!t.
Equal chance for equal ability.

I'd also disagree with the notion that women of success are accussed of sleeping their way to the top. These are only rumors that are spread when young women of low experience get high level positions. Similar rumors are done for young men that get positions above their experience level (accused of have rich parents or of brown nosing). So it is more of an age thing, then a gender thing.

maybe that is the case, I haven't heard too much about the guy thing tho except being born into it, but I've heard that about both sides.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:05:51 PM
At 2/17/2011 11:51:34 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/17/2011 11:28:30 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I heard god made adam, realized his mistake and fixed it. Thus eve was made.

Nah, you got it all wrong. One day, Adam said "shoot, God, I need me a woman. I want a girl who's smart, attractive, funny, spirited, and independent."

And God answered "alright, that'll cost you an arm and a leg though."

Adam was like "forget that, man. What'll a rib get me?"
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:06:59 PM
At 2/17/2011 2:20:16 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:
I agree with the OP. Women typically cannot make any important decisions outside of the kitchen. Woodrow Wilson dun-goofed by giving them the right to vote.

Truth.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:16:18 PM
Women are held to much higher standards for respect. And even if they are the best, they are often accused of things such as sleeping with the boss to get there.:

The question was about gender and intelligence, not gender (in)equality. Let's not derail this thread in to an he said / she said rant.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:19:33 PM
Women tend to be pretty stupid.

Seems like any time I'm ever attracted to a girl for mental reasons rather than badonkadonk, they end up being lesbians.

Just my luck eh?

For the record, men tend to be pretty stupid.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:24:02 PM
At 2/17/2011 3:19:33 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Women tend to be pretty stupid.

Seems like any time I'm ever attracted to a girl for mental reasons rather than badonkadonk, they end up being lesbians.

Just my luck eh?

For the record, men tend to be pretty stupid.
Both have their pros and cons. Each gender has a few preferences over the other, and that makes them equally valuable, especially when it comes to intelligence and wisdom.
interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:25:16 PM
Well. I dont think it has to do with stupidity. It has more to do with our nature.
Men are more technical. We are more apt to doing things mostly by the book.
I notice that Women tend to think that their opinions are facts. That makes
them vulnerable. And it makes them more likely to fail.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:28:08 PM
At 2/17/2011 3:19:33 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

A lot of lesbians have brains that are more similar to men's than women's... could be why. You gay? Jk :)
President of DDO