Jump to topic:

The effects of truth.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2011 11:05:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Now some of you will ask why I have posted a topic matter of this kind in this forum, it is because I do not see religion as worthy of truth, it is men who take religious claims and say, "It's true, I know it because it goes with this book of mine.". Yet despite that, it could be the case that it is true, but that claim only echo's within the mind of the man who claims to believe the claim.

It my affect the man, but the actions that he takes return void. What do I mean? His faith that his actions are of any purpose are totally dependent to the claim that lives in his mind. They are distant to his core being, his essence in that he could remove all of these claims and if he did, he would be an atheist. They, the claims, are like clouds in his mind, and if you were to blow them away, what would he be, still the same, or would he be otherwise? An atheist says there is no God(s). But if you were to remove that claim from his mind, he would believe in a God or a selection of gods. Of course it would take a lot of convincing, mainly they are related to personal things. For example; someone does believe in God because there is evil, but dig deeper and you find that they personally have a problem with the issue of evil.

To clear that frame, that hurt in that persons life can be an easy task if you do it right, it's a matter of psychology rather than truth. Not saying that what they believed based on something personal isn't at all true. In a lot of cases it is true generally. But we are affected greatly on what is personal to us.

This goes for those who believe in God, you probably only do because there was a time in your life that triggered a switch within your thinking that made you think God exists, although it was equally likely that you could have been an atheist. Being brought up into families that believe there is a God or who claim to be Christians can radically change your worldview.

But how can you know truth? You know it because it hits clean through your mind, in that you can reject it through your actions, for a while, due to other things leading you away, yet it will bring you back, not out of you making a choice to return, but because it brings you back because it is the truth. It works along side with the essence of the human being, to reject it would be mentally painful and agonising, it is because there is a fear of some kind telling you that if you walk away, or turn, you will have all to pay. This isn't rejecting an opinion, accepting pink rather than blue, but it is rejecting the truth. Who can reject that 1+1=2 and still feel right with themselves? No one, in the same way, the who is Christian, and yes I say who is Christian, cannot and will fully reject the truth of Christ, why? Because they are a new creature and Jeremiah 31 says what God will do and make of those who believe in Christ.

Truth is not made for the mind, opinions are. Truth is in relation to the core of our being. I can brush away all of the clouds in my mind of knowledge, knowledge is not a matter here, it is irrelevant, it is for the mind, but truth is for the heart, in that I submit to you, you can wipe clean my mind of it's understanding, and as I live, I will begin to act still like a Christian should because I am a new creature. To simply take away knowledge will not remove truth, it will simply make me sound ignorant.

Due to my lack of knowledge after a clearing of my mind, I couldn't tell you what the truth was, because I wouldn't know it, but as I learn again and know the truth once more, it will be sound with the core of my being. Not because it sounds logical or reasonable, no, but because I could not reject it and continue to live as if I didn't care. You can deny a general possibility of something being true, but I tell you this, you cannot deny a personal truth.

"He has been faithful to me, since I have not, I have let Him down much, yet He has never once. I am that lost sheep that he comes looking for, I have been that prodigal son who has run away, and has done the foolishness of this wicked world, yet every time I come back, the Father is ever pleased to forgive and not only that, but to forget my evil doings. Yet still my love for God is close to nothing, He deserves a love which only He Himself can provide. I am just invited into His love because of His saving Grace."

When I slide from God, into the world, I do not continue to live wickedly, like the world for I cannot, but if what I have said is false here, then I could. It would be a matter of psychology, but I am saying it is a matter of truth that I cannot deny.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2011 11:22:16 PM
zI don't know if anyone but me reads GodSand's blog posts but I thinks he's getting smarter.

A lot smarter.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2011 11:36:36 PM
At 2/21/2011 11:22:16 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
zI don't know if anyone but me reads GodSand's blog posts but I thinks he's getting smarter.

A lot smarter.

it must be Evilution!!!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 12:10:13 AM

A lot smarter.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 12:37:20 AM

A lot smarter.
He's still off by a wide margin. Perhaps not as bad as a few months ago, but still.
I miss the old members.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 8:00:07 AM
At 2/21/2011 11:05:39 PM, GodSands wrote:
Now some of you will ask why I have posted a topic matter of this kind in this forum, it is because I do not see religion as worthy of truth, it is men who take religious claims and say, "It's true, I know it because it goes with this book of mine.". Yet despite that, it could be the case that it is true, but that claim only echo's within the mind of the man who claims to believe the claim.

It my affect the man, but the actions that he takes return void. What do I mean? His faith that his actions are of any purpose are totally dependent to the claim that lives in his mind. They are distant to his core being, his essence in that he could remove all of these claims and if he did, he would be an atheist. They, the claims, are like clouds in his mind, and if you were to blow them away, what would he be, still the same, or would he be otherwise? An atheist says there is no God(s). But if you were to remove that claim from his mind, he would believe in a God or a selection of gods. Of course it would take a lot of convincing, mainly they are related to personal things. For example; someone does believe in God because there is evil, but dig deeper and you find that they personally have a problem with the issue of evil.

To clear that frame, that hurt in that persons life can be an easy task if you do it right, it's a matter of psychology rather than truth. Not saying that what they believed based on something personal isn't at all true. In a lot of cases it is true generally. But we are affected greatly on what is personal to us.

This goes for those who believe in God, you probably only do because there was a time in your life that triggered a switch within your thinking that made you think God exists, although it was equally likely that you could have been an atheist. Being brought up into families that believe there is a God or who claim to be Christians can radically change your worldview.

But how can you know truth? You know it because it hits clean through your mind, in that you can reject it through your actions, for a while, due to other things leading you away, yet it will bring you back, not out of you making a choice to return, but because it brings you back because it is the truth. It works along side with the essence of the human being, to reject it would be mentally painful and agonising, it is because there is a fear of some kind telling you that if you walk away, or turn, you will have all to pay. This isn't rejecting an opinion, accepting pink rather than blue, but it is rejecting the truth. Who can reject that 1+1=2 and still feel right with themselves? No one, in the same way, the who is Christian, and yes I say who is Christian, cannot and will fully reject the truth of Christ, why? Because they are a new creature and Jeremiah 31 says what God will do and make of those who believe in Christ.

Truth is not made for the mind, opinions are. Truth is in relation to the core of our being. I can brush away all of the clouds in my mind of knowledge, knowledge is not a matter here, it is irrelevant, it is for the mind, but truth is for the heart, in that I submit to you, you can wipe clean my mind of it's understanding, and as I live, I will begin to act still like a Christian should because I am a new creature. To simply take away knowledge will not remove truth, it will simply make me sound ignorant.

Due to my lack of knowledge after a clearing of my mind, I couldn't tell you what the truth was, because I wouldn't know it, but as I learn again and know the truth once more, it will be sound with the core of my being. Not because it sounds logical or reasonable, no, but because I could not reject it and continue to live as if I didn't care. You can deny a general possibility of something being true, but I tell you this, you cannot deny a personal truth.

"He has been faithful to me, since I have not, I have let Him down much, yet He has never once. I am that lost sheep that he comes looking for, I have been that prodigal son who has run away, and has done the foolishness of this wicked world, yet every time I come back, the Father is ever pleased to forgive and not only that, but to forget my evil doings. Yet still my love for God is close to nothing, He deserves a love which only He Himself can provide. I am just invited into His love because of His saving Grace."

When I slide from God, into the world, I do not continue to live wickedly, like the world for I cannot, but if what I have said is false here, then I could. It would be a matter of psychology, but I am saying it is a matter of truth that I cannot deny.

Yes, but have you ever been as far gone to really even want to go to look more like?