Total Posts:126|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Here's your chance, Cosmic.

annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:30:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
On multiple occasions, CosmicAlfonzo has called me a braindead b!tch. I am not offended, but I have asked for reasons why. He has never given me an example of me being braindead -- and I'm sure an example of me being a b!tch would be easy to find. However, neither has been provided. Now, he recently posted this but I didn't want to derail the thread with personal sh!t so I decided -- I'll ask him why here.

This is it:

I'll consider it.

But really, I just want you to know that you come off as way bigger of a troll than anyone who has a misunderstanding of anarchism. Instead of being a mondo b!tch about it by making fun of the people who are asking questions, help people understand your point of view.

I've got no real grudge against you, I'm just saying you really need to work on your communication, and quit the pretentious, pseudo-intellectual bs. Anarchy is NOT some obvious truth. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Having a view that comes across as being patently absurd, you should EXPECT that people are immediately opposed to it.

Of course, this is assuming you actually give a sh!t about whether or not people understand your view point
.

So Cosmic... How am I a mondo b!tch? Or braindead? Or a troll? Lol. I'm not creating drama (that is not my intention, at least) since I'm not upset at all about what he has called me but instead, I'm curious. I've never been called braindead or a troll so of course I want to know why he thinks so. Don't worry, this won't dissolve into a fight. It's merely a question. :)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:38:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:37:10 AM, Danielle wrote:
If I made a thread every time somebody called me a b!tch lol...

Oh, I know I'm a b!tch. I even told him that. But I wasn't a b!tch to him which makes me slightly curious. :P

C'mon Cosmic... I promise not to be rude.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:41:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:37:45 AM, Danielle wrote:
(of course in most cases it was probably justified, but still :P ).

B!tch just means a self-confident woman. We're pretty awesome, yeah? Lol. ;)

Anyway ann everybody loves you <3

LOL, this isn't an attention whore thingy. I'm curious and didn't want to derail the thread. Plus, if ya'll hated me -- I'd still be here. I'm way too opinionated to leave.

But thanks, darling. I love you too! ^_^
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:42:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:37:45 AM, Danielle wrote:
(of course in most cases it was probably justified, but still :P ).

Anyway ann everybody loves you <3

Ahhhh, i wouldn't worry about it at all. What Danielle said (in entirety by the way ;-)). He doesn't know you like we know you, and to know you is to love you and respect you. You're one of the faves of the site.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:43:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You hold to a few minority positions with a fair amount of zeal and logic.

Cosmic seems to dislike strong opinions, and prefers comedic statements of doubt.

Like an orthododox rabbi invited to a unitarian universalist bbq it simply won't work out well.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:44:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:42:15 AM, innomen wrote:
At 2/28/2011 11:37:45 AM, Danielle wrote:
(of course in most cases it was probably justified, but still :P ).

Anyway ann everybody loves you <3

Ahhhh, i wouldn't worry about it at all. What Danielle said (in entirety by the way ;-)). He doesn't know you like we know you, and to know you is to love you and respect you. You're one of the faves of the site.

Innomen is my fave (not being stalky, just high-five ad perpetuum)
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:44:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:41:06 AM, annhasle wrote:
B!tch just means a self-confident woman. We're pretty awesome, yeah? Lol. ;)

So when people call me an a$$hole they just mean I'm being self-confident? :P
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:49:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:44:59 AM, jmar8542 wrote:
At 2/28/2011 11:41:06 AM, annhasle wrote:
B!tch just means a self-confident woman. We're pretty awesome, yeah? Lol. ;)

So when people call me an a$$hole they just mean I'm being self-confident? :P

No, it means you're an as$hole.

But be proud of it! Not many people can pull it off. :)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:50:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:44:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/28/2011 11:42:15 AM, innomen wrote:
At 2/28/2011 11:37:45 AM, Danielle wrote:
(of course in most cases it was probably justified, but still :P ).

Anyway ann everybody loves you <3

Ahhhh, i wouldn't worry about it at all. What Danielle said (in entirety by the way ;-)). He doesn't know you like we know you, and to know you is to love you and respect you. You're one of the faves of the site.

Innomen is my fave (not being stalky, just high-five ad perpetuum)

I've never been stalked before....well on the internet that is, there was a time...'nother story ....but it might be nice one day to be stalked.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 11:56:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 11:42:15 AM, innomen wrote:
At 2/28/2011 11:37:45 AM, Danielle wrote:
(of course in most cases it was probably justified, but still :P ).

Anyway ann everybody loves you <3

Ahhhh, i wouldn't worry about it at all. What Danielle said (in entirety by the way ;-)). He doesn't know you like we know you, and to know you is to love you and respect you. You're one of the faves of the site.

I didn't see this!

Thank you innomen, that means a lot. You know how much I love and respect you so I won't go all sappy on ya. :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:10:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:06:45 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Comic better start sleeping with one eye open.

I've managed to sleep with my eyes open before, it was bloody wierd.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:12:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:10:58 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/28/2011 12:06:45 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Comic better start sleeping with one eye open.

I've managed to sleep with my eyes open before, it was bloody wierd.

I think I've managed to go through REM sleep with my eyes open. Either that or i'm a spaz.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:12:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:06:45 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Comic better start sleeping with one eye open.

Lol, shut up panda. I'm not going to hurt him! I just want to know why he continues to call me these wonderful things. :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:15:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I call you a brain dead b!tch because it obviously annoys you enough to make topics like this.

I'll give that answer, because it's funnier than an honest answer.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:17:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:15:03 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I call you a brain dead b!tch because it obviously annoys you enough to make topics like this.

Annoys me? Nah. I'm merely curious. I mean, this IS a debate site -- I'm interested in the opinions of others and if they can justify what they claim. That includes opinions like this.


I'll give that answer, because it's funnier than an honest answer.

Lol, so you're just a troll then? Alright.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:21:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:12:40 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/28/2011 12:06:45 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Comic better start sleeping with one eye open.

Lol, shut up panda. I'm not going to hurt him! I just want to know why he continues to call me these wonderful things. :P

Right, you're not gonna hurt him. I am.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:25:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:15:03 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I call you a brain dead b!tch because it obviously annoys you enough to make topics like this.


I'll give that answer, because it's funnier than an honest answer.

This is a debate site, this attitude won't earn you any respect.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:25:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Nah, in all honesty it's because you tend to get lost in semantics, and don't really make any attempt at the mutual understanding required to have a meaningful conversation.

That coupled with the fact that you don't come across as having put any real deep thought into the things you believe.

These things by themselves aren't even that big of a problem. Ignorance is excusable.. It's only when you make fun of people, and expect them to agree with a position that is NOT in anyway an obvious one, and in fact comes across on the surface as being nonsense. With the views you have, you should expect that you might need to put some effort into getting people to understand why you have these views. Basically, you are being annhasle. By the way, do you pronounce that like "an @sshole?" hah.

Then, partly trolling yes. What can I say, I get off on making fun of bad communicators who have armpits that reek of arrogance.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:28:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:25:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
A lot of the time I am intelligent and funny, but when someone says something I disagree with I turn into a five year old.

Yea, that is possibly something you should work on.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:31:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:25:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Nah, in all honesty it's because you tend to get lost in semantics, and don't really make any attempt at the mutual understanding required to have a meaningful conversation.

I disagree. You are making these claims as though I do this with all users but really -- is this just with you?

That coupled with the fact that you don't come across as having put any real deep thought into the things you believe.

How would you know this?

These things by themselves aren't even that big of a problem. Ignorance is excusable..

It's bliss, actually.

It's only when you make fun of people, and expect them to agree with a position that is NOT in anyway an obvious one, and in fact comes across on the surface as being nonsense.

When did I make fun of you?

With the views you have, you should expect that you might need to put some effort into getting people to understand why you have these views.

That is why I'm on a debate site, yes? I have put effort into explaining my views. I even challenged you to a debate about anarchy but you declined!

Basically, you are being annhasle. By the way, do you pronounce that like "an @sshole?" hah.

... Ha?

Then, partly trolling yes. What can I say, I get off on making fun of bad communicators who have armpits that reek of arrogance.

You rarely say anything of substance and yet I'm the bad communicator? Mmkay.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:32:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:25:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Nah, in all honesty it's because you tend to get lost in semantics, and don't really make any attempt at the mutual understanding required to have a meaningful conversation.

That coupled with the fact that you don't come across as having put any real deep thought into the things you believe.

These things by themselves aren't even that big of a problem. Ignorance is excusable.. It's only when you make fun of people, and expect them to agree with a position that is NOT in anyway an obvious one, and in fact comes across on the surface as being nonsense. With the views you have, you should expect that you might need to put some effort into getting people to understand why you have these views. Basically, you are being annhasle. By the way, do you pronounce that like "an @sshole?" hah.

Then, partly trolling yes. What can I say, I get off on making fun of bad communicators who have armpits that reek of arrogance.

You're kind of like beating up everyone's favorite little sister here, not a great move.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:33:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:17:20 PM, annhasle wrote:
Annoys me? Nah. I'm merely curious. I mean, this IS a debate site -- I'm interested in the opinions of others and if they can justify what they claim. That includes opinions like this.
Do you want him to justify figurative language?
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:39:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:33:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/28/2011 12:17:20 PM, annhasle wrote:
Annoys me? Nah. I'm merely curious. I mean, this IS a debate site -- I'm interested in the opinions of others and if they can justify what they claim. That includes opinions like this.
Do you want him to justify figurative language?

That depends on the language. And if it's a repeated offense. If he called me braindead once, I'd just shrug my shoulders and move on. But every time we converse, he calls me braindead. It has gotten to the point where I want to know why. That is all.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:40:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:39:08 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/28/2011 12:33:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/28/2011 12:17:20 PM, annhasle wrote:
Annoys me? Nah. I'm merely curious. I mean, this IS a debate site -- I'm interested in the opinions of others and if they can justify what they claim. That includes opinions like this.
Do you want him to justify figurative language?

That depends on the language. And if it's a repeated offense. If he called me braindead once, I'd just shrug my shoulders and move on. But every time we converse, he calls me braindead. It has gotten to the point where I want to know why. That is all.
Because (a) he is not acting that way toward you only, and (b) because he just dislikes your way of arguing, perhaps? There's no need to create this thread. Ask him on PM or through profile comments why he thinks you are "brain dead." The thread is useless.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:41:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:39:08 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/28/2011 12:33:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/28/2011 12:17:20 PM, annhasle wrote:
Annoys me? Nah. I'm merely curious. I mean, this IS a debate site -- I'm interested in the opinions of others and if they can justify what they claim. That includes opinions like this.
Do you want him to justify figurative language?

That depends on the language. And if it's a repeated offense. If he called me braindead once, I'd just shrug my shoulders and move on. But every time we converse, he calls me braindead. It has gotten to the point where I want to know why. That is all.

It's a self insult, he can't argue with you so that is what he falls back on. It is an admission of personal defeat.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:48:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 12:40:44 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/28/2011 12:39:08 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/28/2011 12:33:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/28/2011 12:17:20 PM, annhasle wrote:
Annoys me? Nah. I'm merely curious. I mean, this IS a debate site -- I'm interested in the opinions of others and if they can justify what they claim. That includes opinions like this.
Do you want him to justify figurative language?

That depends on the language. And if it's a repeated offense. If he called me braindead once, I'd just shrug my shoulders and move on. But every time we converse, he calls me braindead. It has gotten to the point where I want to know why. That is all.
Because (a) he is not acting that way toward you only,

Who else has he publicly insulted? I have not seen him do so.

and (b) because he just dislikes your way of arguing, perhaps?

Can I not ask why?

There's no need to create this thread. Ask him on PM or through profile comments why he thinks you are "brain dead." The thread is useless.

This isn't to start a fight or to prove anything. I'm merely asking why. I want him to at least give me some reason -- that way I can alter my words when conversing with him. But if he calls me braindead in the forums, why can't I ask him why in the forums? If I had crated this thread to rant about how pissed I was or to insult him back, then it would be useless. But this is simply to figure out why he dislikes me. <shrugs>
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 12:53:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If I say right at the bat that I am trying to understand something, and this is how it looks like with my limited understanding of the subject...

Wouldn't it be reasonable to help show someone how they were mistaken? Especially when it is obvious that they aren't making argument, they are asking honest questions?

I'm not the only one she does this to, but I don't really care. Maybe if the males around here stopped thinking with their d!cks, and got real with themselves, they'd be a little more honest about it.

This is a silly thing to turn into drama. This is a discussion that is destined to go nowhere.

The fact that this topic was created at all, and not discussed via private message or something puts a lot more into perspective if you ask me. She hardly understands half of what I say. I don't need to prove my point, because Ann does a fine job of doing it herself.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp