Jump to topic:

Ghost's.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 9:16:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just wondering, has anyone seen, or heard a ghost or anything strange by in which they cannot explain?

Also has anyone had a 'sleep paralysis' before or does anyone currently suffering from night terrors or what not? If so, share them here.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 9:18:41 PM
At 3/7/2011 9:16:58 PM, GodSands wrote:
Just wondering, has anyone seen, or heard a ghost or anything strange by in which they cannot explain?

Also has anyone had a 'sleep paralysis' before or does anyone currently suffering from night terrors or what not? If so, share them here.

My aunt's wild parties.
kfc
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 9:20:33 PM
At 3/7/2011 9:18:41 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 3/7/2011 9:16:58 PM, GodSands wrote:

My aunt's wild parties.

Sure.
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 11:14:08 PM
I have frequent sleep paralysis, but it's self-induced, so I don't think that counts :\
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 11:20:35 PM
At 3/7/2011 11:14:08 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
I have frequent sleep paralysis, but it's self-induced, so I don't think that counts :\

You trying to have lucid dreams?

Your body naturally goes into sleep paralysis, it's nothing all that weird.. Being conscious when your body goes into sleep paralysis is pretty weird though.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 11:46:48 PM
At 3/7/2011 11:20:35 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 3/7/2011 11:14:08 PM, jmar8542 wrote:

You trying to have lucid dreams?

Your body naturally goes into sleep paralysis, it's nothing all that weird.. Being conscious when your body goes into sleep paralysis is pretty weird though.

Sometimes that's the purpose. Usually it's just because I like the feeling, especially when I've just cashed a bowl and I'm in the mood for an awesome trip. :)
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 3:40:05 AM
Well, I don't believe in ghosts however I lived in a house when I was about 15 that gave me the absolute creeps. I frequently heard what sounded like footsteps when there wasn't anyone home. My dog always acted strange towards my mums bedroom.

One day me and two of my friends got so freaked out (pre-pot smoking days too) that we ran out of the house and didn't return until my mum was home.

My mum was RIGHT into her wicca at that stage.

However, I can explain everything that occured naturally and put it down to the strange way the house was built.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Extremely-Far-Right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 7:41:21 AM
I mean I have heard some pretty convincing stories and such, but I personally have not been present during such a predicament. Would you like me to share the stories and/or evidence with you?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 7:43:37 AM
At 3/8/2011 3:40:05 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Well, I don't believe in ghosts however I lived in a house when I was about 15 that gave me the absolute creeps. I frequently heard what sounded like footsteps when there wasn't anyone home. My dog always acted strange towards my mums bedroom.

One day me and two of my friends got so freaked out (pre-pot smoking days too) that we ran out of the house and didn't return until my mum was home.

My mum was RIGHT into her wicca at that stage.

However, I can explain everything that occured naturally and put it down to the strange way the house was built.

How does the shape, structure of the house explain sounds like foot steps, and that you dog acted strangely towards one particular room?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 7:50:24 AM
How does the shape, structure of the house explain sounds like foot steps, and that you dog acted strangely towards one particular room?:

GodSands, do you believe in ghosts or are ghosts really just demons manifesting themselves?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 8:39:51 AM
I won't rewrite my whole experience, you can read the first post here:

http://www.debate.org...

Ghosts are something that i kind of leave open. I am unsure about their existence, and am very confident there are a lot of things that we cannot explain. There are some who cannot cope with not being able to have something unexplained so it's just easier to rule them out, than it is to keep the option open, or worse make a speculation on something that is not scientifically provable.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:18:04 AM
At 3/8/2011 8:40:59 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
I'm guessing atheists don't believe in ghosts.

If it cannot be scientifically proven, they don't exist.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:00:50 AM
At 3/8/2011 7:50:24 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
How does the shape, structure of the house explain sounds like foot steps, and that you dog acted strangely towards one particular room?:

GodSands, do you believe in ghosts or are ghosts really just demons manifesting themselves?

I believe in ghosts, a definition of a ghost is a human, animal or any object which is an unconscious entity acting in the same way or similar to it's now dead but once living counter part. Ghosts could well be made up of 'electromagnetic fields and possibly electrostatic charges'. Jesus Christ refers to Himself not being a ghost in the Gospels after He rose, since ghosts do not have physical bodies like He had after He rose.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:03:19 AM
I believe in ghosts, a definition of a ghost is a human, animal or any object which is an unconscious entity acting in the same way or similar to it's now dead but once living counter part. Ghosts could well be made up of 'electromagnetic fields and possibly electrostatic charges'. Jesus Christ refers to Himself not being a ghost in the Gospels after He rose, since ghosts do not have physical bodies like He had after He rose.:

On what basis do you believe in ghosts, if you don't mind me asking? Any personal experiences?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:03:28 AM
At 3/8/2011 9:18:04 AM, innomen wrote:

I don't know, but I'll just throw it out there anyway, but maybe...umm...not everything that exist's is science related duh! Has that crossed your mind?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:05:59 AM
At 3/8/2011 10:03:28 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 3/8/2011 9:18:04 AM, innomen wrote:

I don't know, but I'll just throw it out there anyway, but maybe...umm...not everything that exist's is science related duh! Has that crossed your mind?

Everything which exists, given the right tools and knowledge, can be scientifically described.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:22:12 AM
At 3/8/2011 10:03:19 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I believe in ghosts, a definition of a ghost is a human, animal or any object which is an unconscious entity acting in the same way or similar to it's now dead but once living counter part. Ghosts could well be made up of 'electromagnetic fields and possibly electrostatic charges'. Jesus Christ refers to Himself not being a ghost in the Gospels after He rose, since ghosts do not have physical bodies like He had after He rose.:

On what basis do you believe in ghosts, if you don't mind me asking? Any personal experiences?

I've watched Paranormal Activity 2. No, only joking this isn't the reason why I believe in ghosts. I haven't had any known or conscious experiences of ghost activity. But I believe I have with an embodied demonic entity.

I've watched a few programs on ghosts, and one one particular program, a team of three, two of which went out and the other stayed in the van analysing the other two on direction and on possible ghost activity. They took photos and set up video cameras on location. When the search for ghost activity was analysed, there were quite a few convincing snap shots of very distinguishable faces and of other things which were not human.

The video isn't the program I mentioned, but this is good enough.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:32:00 AM
I believe I have with an embodied demonic entity.:

Whatever.

I've watched a few programs on ghosts:

I was actually interviewed for this episode, but they edited me out because I told them that since I've worked there I experienced no paranormal activity and that I don't believe in ghosts.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:32:41 AM

Not necessarily, I believe in ghosts. Granted, I have also had personal experiences with what is considered the "supernatural"

When I was six I saw my great-grandfather (who had been dead for almost a year) in his home in Manhatttan, Kansas. Then, when I was ten, I saw a random "ghost" at the Dwight D Eisenhower Birthplace in Denison, Texas. There is also a "weird presence" in my best friend's house....

I think it's a matter of having evidence or not for most Athiests, though I can't speak for anyone but myself.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.