Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A really amazing story

devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 11:03:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
One of my friends is going through something that really inspires me, and I just thought I would share it.

Anna (name changed) has a heart condition, she hasn't been able to eat or sleep very much for quite a while, she can't even take cough medicine, because her doctors don't know how her heart will be able to handle it. As if that all isn't enough, hse recently found out that she has terminal brain cancer, and has been given a little over a year to live. There are no treatment options, because of her heart condition, so her doctors have told her to get comfortable. Her jerk of an ex-boyfriend broke up with her for some lame reason, and now he follows her around like a little puppy-dog to try to win her back, and it annoys the crap out of her. She has all of these negative things going on in her life, yet she has had no thoughts about just ending it. yesterday in Spanish class, I asked her how her life was going and she put her left hand down on my desk and said "You tell me."

Her best friend, whom she has been in love with since elementary school, proposed to her, in the hospital, when she was wearing sweats, had no make-up on, and had her hair up all messy, and yet he still called her "perfect". I don't really know why I'm telling you all this, except that I'm not really supposed to tell anyone at my school about it, because I don't know who she's told, and she doesn't want anyone to feel sorry for her, but I want to share her inspiring story.

They give me hope that true love really does exist.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:29:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just thought I would let y'all know:

Inspiring though her story may be, it seems the entire story is a lie. Her diagnosis was a misprint or something.... so much for hope...
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:39:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:29:08 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
Just thought I would let y'all know:

Inspiring though her story may be, it seems the entire story is a lie. Her diagnosis was a misprint or something.... so much for hope...

I don't buy the proposal thing for a second (and even if it's true, lol @ that teenage drama... been there, done that). I also don't believe there was a misprint. I think the girl is just a lying attention whore.
President of DDO
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:41:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:36:22 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Wait... She's fine, and you are saying that means there isn't hope?

No, I meant "So much for hope from her story"
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:42:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:39:13 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/21/2011 10:29:08 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
Just thought I would let y'all know:

Inspiring though her story may be, it seems the entire story is a lie. Her diagnosis was a misprint or something.... so much for hope...

I don't buy the proposal thing for a second (and even if it's true, lol @ that teenage drama... been there, done that). I also don't believe there was a misprint. I think the girl is just a lying attention whore.

I don't know, but hey there it is... it's a cute story, though
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:43:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:41:57 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 3/21/2011 10:36:22 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Wait... She's fine, and you are saying that means there isn't hope?

No, I meant "So much for hope from her story"

Well, assuming she wasn't lying, one could still take hope from her story, as at the end of story it turns out shes fine.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:16:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
That mindless emotionally ill drivel that people try to tell you is true love is not. The kind of crap you hear in song lyircs, the kind of crap you get a feeling over.. They are all the ramblings of emotionally unstable fvcks who are probably very miserable people.

I've given up on that 2 people glued to each other type of relationship. I've got more important things on my mind, and whenever I'm in a relationship with someone, if I don't put all of my attention on them, they don't like it.

I have dreams, aspirations, and a lot of fvcking work to do to get there. My life doesn't revolve around another human being. I've grown up, I'm through that phase. It doesn't do me any good, especially when that plastic smile fades after they have given up that "best behavior" facade. Quit being such a control freak, I say to them, and let me have freedom. That is how it is proven that there is genuine love for me. I give whoever the same respect.

I might change my stance about sticking to one person in a relationship if someone finds me, and is good at holding a conversation, is emotionally/mentally stable, and lets me have my freedom.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:17:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:39:13 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/21/2011 10:29:08 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
Just thought I would let y'all know:

Inspiring though her story may be, it seems the entire story is a lie. Her diagnosis was a misprint or something.... so much for hope...

I don't buy the proposal thing for a second (and even if it's true, lol @ that teenage drama... been there, done that). I also don't believe there was a misprint. I think the girl is just a lying attention whore.

I just didn't want to say it... but now that the cat's out of the bag, does this woman do any crack products?
kfc
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:31:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 11:17:39 AM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 3/21/2011 10:39:13 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/21/2011 10:29:08 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
Just thought I would let y'all know:

Inspiring though her story may be, it seems the entire story is a lie. Her diagnosis was a misprint or something.... so much for hope...

I don't buy the proposal thing for a second (and even if it's true, lol @ that teenage drama... been there, done that). I also don't believe there was a misprint. I think the girl is just a lying attention whore.

I just didn't want to say it... but now that the cat's out of the bag, does this woman do any crack products?

lol none that I'm aware of, besides, she's fifteen....
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:32:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:43:24 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 3/21/2011 10:41:57 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 3/21/2011 10:36:22 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Wait... She's fine, and you are saying that means there isn't hope?

No, I meant "So much for hope from her story"

Well, assuming she wasn't lying, one could still take hope from her story, as at the end of story it turns out shes fine.

but no one knows if she was lying or not.....
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:33:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
this thread is an example of why i love this site
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:36:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 11:33:58 AM, askbob wrote:
this thread is an example of why i love this site

Meaning what?
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:44:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 11:41:05 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Meaning he knows where you live, and is right outside your window.

lol
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:45:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 11:41:05 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Meaning he knows where you live, and is right outside your window.

lol, but that's REALLY freaking creepy
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:42:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Meh I feel like responding to this and getting my POV across. Whatevskies.

At 3/21/2011 11:16:57 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
That mindless emotionally ill drivel that people try to tell you is true love is not. The kind of crap you hear in song lyircs, the kind of crap you get a feeling over.. They are all the ramblings of emotionally unstable fvcks who are probably very miserable people.

You are speaking from your experience only. You rationalize that because you have not experienced this, that it therefore must not exist. It must be made up and imaginary in someone else's mind. Even if you see evidence of these types of relationships (i.e., hand holding, kissing, etc.), you don't think it's real. That's like saying because you've never been skydiving, you think people are making it up when they say they've experienced that. You might see evidence (a parachute, video, etc.) but clearly the evidence is being misinterpreted. Or something.

The point is this -- I have experienced stupid petty relationships, that some of which I had admittedly blown up and misconstrued in my mind (girls are bad enough - now think of two girls lol... this is very passionate love we're talking about :P ). As such, I once felt like you and thought that it was a sham. However then I experienced differently, and that stuff became very real; familiar and pertinent. Even as time went on I was VERY skeptical, and to some degree still am, though have accepted that sometimes there simply are good people in this world, and there is/can be someone who is just a really good partner to be in a relationship with.

You have your wants (i.e., freedom) and there may very well be someone out there who can give you that and wants the same. Likewise I have my own wants (for instance I realized I simply will never be happy in a relationship unless I think my partner is VERY smart) -- and fortunately I found someone who satisfies everything for me, and is a great person to be with. Woo!

I've experienced the most awkward mushy gushy stupid sappy love BS that me myself makes me want to vom just thinking about. But my point is you cannot simply sit there and say that this is nonsense or doesn't really exist. There are couples who have been together 50+ years and say otherwise; I see no reason to ignore their reality however rare it might be. No need to be so pessimistic is all ;) And not that you should/would care, but I love my girlfriend very much it can feel a bit condescending to hear you degrade relationships and such. But meh it's no biggie.

I've given up on that 2 people glued to each other type of relationship. I've got more important things on my mind, and whenever I'm in a relationship with someone, if I don't put all of my attention on them, they don't like it.

That's true; most girls are like that lol. We're not perfect.

I have dreams, aspirations, and a lot of fvcking work to do to get there. My life doesn't revolve around another human being. I've grown up, I'm through that phase. It doesn't do me any good, especially when that plastic smile fades after they have given up that "best behavior" facade. Quit being such a control freak, I say to them, and let me have freedom. That is how it is proven that there is genuine love for me. I give whoever the same respect.

That's a good perspective. I've given up A LOT and made A LOT of mistakes in my past for stupid gf's or even just BS girls. I realized that women have literally been my downfall. It was hard to give up a lot to move to be with Vi, and I took a huge leap of faith because prior experience told me I was being a dumb a$s. I think this is the one time following my heart worked out though. I've been detoured but I'm so thankful for what I have that I think it was for the best. But what I'm saying is that your mentality is the right one, and that you probs shouldn't ever do what I did lol. Do you.

I might change my stance about sticking to one person in a relationship if someone finds me, and is good at holding a conversation, is emotionally/mentally stable, and lets me have my freedom.

Exactly. See if I had read the whole thing before responding then I wouldn't have had to type this whole ish :p
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:43:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 11:41:05 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Meaning he knows where you live, and is right outside your window.

lmao
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:47:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:39:13 AM, Danielle wrote:
I don't buy the proposal thing for a second (and even if it's true, lol @ that teenage drama... been there, done that). I also don't believe there was a misprint. I think the girl is just a lying attention whore.

Insert that for every person on the internet with a "woo is me" story.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:52:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 11:16:57 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
That mindless emotionally ill drivel that people try to tell you is true love is not. The kind of crap you hear in song lyircs, the kind of crap you get a feeling over.. They are all the ramblings of emotionally unstable fvcks who are probably very miserable people.

I've given up on that 2 people glued to each other type of relationship. I've got more important things on my mind, and whenever I'm in a relationship with someone, if I don't put all of my attention on them, they don't like it.

I have dreams, aspirations, and a lot of fvcking work to do to get there. My life doesn't revolve around another human being. I've grown up, I'm through that phase. It doesn't do me any good, especially when that plastic smile fades after they have given up that "best behavior" facade. Quit being such a control freak, I say to them, and let me have freedom. That is how it is proven that there is genuine love for me. I give whoever the same respect.


I might change my stance about sticking to one person in a relationship if someone finds me, and is good at holding a conversation, is emotionally/mentally stable, and lets me have my freedom.

Not everyone does the glued to the hip type of relationship o.O It just seems to me you haven't found a mature human being to date yet.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:53:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 1:47:12 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/21/2011 10:39:13 AM, Danielle wrote:
I don't buy the proposal thing for a second (and even if it's true, lol @ that teenage drama... been there, done that). I also don't believe there was a misprint. I think the girl is just a lying attention whore.

Insert that for every person on the internet with a "woo is me" story.

I'm glad you say this :)
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:58:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 1:53:35 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 3/21/2011 1:47:12 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/21/2011 10:39:13 AM, Danielle wrote:
I don't buy the proposal thing for a second (and even if it's true, lol @ that teenage drama... been there, done that). I also don't believe there was a misprint. I think the girl is just a lying attention whore.

Insert that for every person on the internet with a "woo is me" story.

I'm glad you say this :)

I'll admit, I'm guilty of this (at least once that I can remember), I think we all do from time to time, but there is such a massive difference between bringing something up once, and bringing stuff up non-stop (no names will be mentioned, at least not by me).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 1:59:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Of course you'd propose if they girl had terminal cancer. I mean, its not like you have to go through with anything, do you? There's nothing to lose.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 2:06:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 1:58:00 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/21/2011 1:53:35 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 3/21/2011 1:47:12 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/21/2011 10:39:13 AM, Danielle wrote:
I don't buy the proposal thing for a second (and even if it's true, lol @ that teenage drama... been there, done that). I also don't believe there was a misprint. I think the girl is just a lying attention whore.

Insert that for every person on the internet with a "woo is me" story.

I'm glad you say this :)

I'll admit, I'm guilty of this (at least once that I can remember), I think we all do from time to time, but there is such a massive difference between bringing something up once, and bringing stuff up non-stop (no names will be mentioned, at least not by me).

lol Naming names is not necessary. I believe I know who you're referring to.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 2:06:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 1:59:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Of course you'd propose if they girl had terminal cancer. I mean, its not like you have to go through with anything, do you? There's nothing to lose.

Yeah - it's all "walk to remember" bull
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 2:11:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 2:06:48 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 3/21/2011 1:59:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Of course you'd propose if they girl had terminal cancer. I mean, its not like you have to go through with anything, do you? There's nothing to lose.

Yeah - it's all "walk to remember" bull

yea. it's amazing how the older I get, the more cynical I become.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 2:12:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 2:06:48 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 3/21/2011 1:59:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Of course you'd propose if they girl had terminal cancer. I mean, its not like you have to go through with anything, do you? There's nothing to lose.

Yeah - it's all "walk to remember" bull

aw, that movie was awesome
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 2:16:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why would you want to get engaged if you were just diagnosed with terminal cancer?! GO CRAZY. Fvcking live LIFE. Commitment and "married life" seems to be the antithesis of fun.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 2:19:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 2:16:29 PM, annhasle wrote:
Why would you want to get engaged if you were just diagnosed with terminal cancer?! GO CRAZY. Fvcking live LIFE. Commitment and "married life" seems to be the antithesis of fun.


True, though not to be sappy but if I was diagnosed with terminal cancer I would want nothing more than to spend time with my boo lol. I've often said that I genuinely don't mind if I die young (though that would SUCK), because I feel so lucky that I've gotten to experience true love, and some people never do throughout their entire lives. Not genuine love anyway. Or love like I have. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I can see how wifey-ing up might be a really good thing and my version of "fun" lol. Or happiness. But not if I was 16 >.<
President of DDO
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 2:28:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 2:19:08 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/21/2011 2:16:29 PM, annhasle wrote:
Why would you want to get engaged if you were just diagnosed with terminal cancer?! GO CRAZY. Fvcking live LIFE. Commitment and "married life" seems to be the antithesis of fun.


True, though not to be sappy but if I was diagnosed with terminal cancer I would want nothing more than to spend time with my boo lol. I've often said that I genuinely don't mind if I die young (though that would SUCK), because I feel so lucky that I've gotten to experience true love, and some people never do throughout their entire lives. Not genuine love anyway. Or love like I have. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I can see how wifey-ing up might be a really good thing and my version of "fun" lol. Or happiness. But not if I was 16 >.<

i'd go take a load of heroin anyway.
signature