Jump to topic:

Tomorrow is a new day

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 11:15:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Starting tomorrow movers will be arriving at my home to pack up my things and shipping them to Austin, TX (Sieben and I will be neighbors which obligates him to have a beer with me and to throw me a b*tchn' party). :)

In the wake of my inexorable exit out of the military, I'm faced with a ton of challenges. Behind the scenes, I've been preparing for this. I have already managed to procure employment with a small venture capitalist firm, but it's commission and I wouldn't be working many hours. And in this market where everyone is frigid, lending and business is slow. But to compensate for the projected loss, I have other plans.

I've already updated the 'ole resume and bought some interview suits, as I plan to continue to hit the job market hard.

Because of my service, and because I paid in to the program well in advance, I am now entitled to the Post 9/11 GI Bill. I have 36 months and 90k of education payable to me. In tandem with my previous education, this should allow me the ability to really put me ahead of the competition. I have already applied to three institutions in the Austin area, to include the University of Texas (Austin), specifically for a Masters at McCombs School of Business. Not only do they pay for school, but I also receive E-5 BAH which essentially pays my rent while in school.

(Not bad for a high school dropout.)

I chose Austin because the Texas economy is one of the strongest in the nation, and Austin in particular consistently ranks, year after year, in the top 10 best places to live in the US.

I will be much, much busier during this transitional period. I estimate a good 6 months to a year before I really get settled and am financially stable enough to let my guard down.

The point is that I will more than likely not be on DDO very much, at least during that transitional period, but wanted to take this opportunity to say that it's been a pleasure to make most of your acquaintances.... others, not so much.

A special shout goes out to my favorite peeps. You all know who you are. :)

Anyway, so tonight is the last night I'll be on here for some time, and I just wanted to let you all know how much I've enjoyed my time on here. I think I'm a better person for having found this forum.

I wish you all the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 11:31:43 AM
Aww, I'm going to miss you PARADIGM. From all the sh!t that has been thrown at you this past year, you deserve all the happiness that you can find in Austin. I hope the trip there is fun (hopefully you got your stereo to play the CD's :P). But even more so, I hope your new start in Austin is the beginning of a happier life -- one that make you content and stronger.

You're a smart guy so getting a job will be easy. ;) And since you just spent $500+ on clothing, you better look sharp as hell. Get out there and woo people with your humor. And seriously, mad props for going back to school. Not many would have the drive after time passes -- I'm glad DDO has been keeping you fresh. lol. But I do expect you to get on DDO when things settle down!! It's going to be weird not seeing you in the forums but I'm proud of your steps towards a better life.

*cyber hug* I wish you all the luck. Have fun, work hard, stay strong and kick Texan @ss. We'll miss you. :)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 11:50:42 AM
I've considered selling my soul for 90K worth of tuition :/ I dunno if I could morally commit, but that's a pretty sweet deal and I'm so glad you're making the best of that opportunity. I personally wouldn't have chosen Texas (yikes!), but then again they don't take too kindly to my people round those parts. I know Austin is more liberal but still :P

I will hopefully be making a similar post in August when I move back to NYC. I'm hoping things work out the way I plan. Right now Vi has a bunch of cool job prospects in the works there, though of course she wants to work for a non-profit organization. Allah forbifdd I fall in love with someone who wants to make money... -_-
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 11:54:53 AM
I wish you a lot of luck, and am sure that you will prosper once you find your niche. You're a really bright guy who can relate to others at a variety of levels, so i am sure you will have the flexibility to grow in a variety of environments.

I wouldn't be so sure about not being here so much. I've said, from time to time that i wouldn't be able to spend the time i used to on DDO, and there always seemed to be a tab open on my computer.

If you ever are going into a sales oriented career and need a letter of recommendation, i'd be happy to help you out. Also, if you have linkedin look me up. Linked in is really important at this point, or at least that's what they tell me.

I know that it's been really difficult for you this last year, and i am sure you will make a great life for yourself, and be a great dad.

Cheers to you my friend.
-den
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 2:26:14 PM
Have a good time paradigm and if you need me to review your resume, I can do that. I'm on linkedin as well and recommend that you make one if you haven't yet.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 2:33:16 PM
Good luck!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 4:13:15 PM
Wow, I'll definitely miss seeing you in the forums, Paradigm :( You're one of the most awesome people on here. But best of luck and I hope everything works out for you. Take care.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 9:35:40 PM
Well, I said I would be on here tonight, but I kind of can't... just got too much going on. I wish I could individually respond to all of your wonderfully kind words, but I'm sure you understand.

Anyway, I'll be back, but I kind of wanted to give everyone a heads up since it might be a long hiatus.

You guys keep that wit of yours razor sharp and have fun.

PEACE!!!!! OUT!!!!!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)