Jump to topic:

Saint Patrick's Day Roast

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 4:38:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Every year in Boston our local politicians gather for a breakfast and host a roast. Everyone is fair game, and it's sometimes really funny. They get pretty personal and the insults are very creative.

So, i'm thinking that maybe we could do something like that. We could sharpen our wit and roast each other, and perhaps we'd have a particular target of our Irish members, but not be limited to them (they are easy targets). No cry babies here, and it's all in good fun.

Good idea or bomb?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 4:43:14 PM
At 3/16/2011 4:38:44 PM, innomen wrote:
Every year in Boston our local politicians gather for a breakfast and host a roast. Everyone is fair game, and it's sometimes really funny. They get pretty personal and the insults are very creative.

So, i'm thinking that maybe we could do something like that. We could sharpen our wit and roast each other, and perhaps we'd have a particular target of our Irish members, but not be limited to them (they are easy targets). No cry babies here, and it's all in good fun.

Good idea or bomb?

Sounds like fun. The Irish blood I have in me can take the beating.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 4:43:44 PM
i think it would be funny. i also think that someone would invariably get butthurt. lol
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 4:47:36 PM
At 3/16/2011 4:43:44 PM, belle wrote:
i think it would be funny. i also think that someone would invariably get butthurt. lol

Well, they may not want to play (INSERTNAMEHERE), and they'll just have to get over themselves.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 4:54:56 PM

innomen's kinda thing so.
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 4:58:31 PM

Good idea or bomb?

I like it, but it should stay just to the people that participate in that thread. Namely "if you post an insult roast comment, you are openning yourself up as fair game for others."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:00:55 PM

I know most people here consider "respect for others" to be a phrase even dirtier than getting raped by the government while your children watch, but I'm sure Juggle would like us to be respectful of those that do not wish to be targets. Personally, I can take anything that someone from the internet can throw.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:00:59 PM
At 3/16/2011 4:58:31 PM, OreEle wrote:

Good idea or bomb?

I like it, but it should stay just to the people that participate in that thread. Namely "if you post an insult roast comment, you are openning yourself up as fair game for others."

Agreed. Askbob might need to restrain himself before someone cries, but a thick skin would be needed. The really funny one's tend to not be serious.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:01:39 PM

Good idea or bomb?

chicken :)
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:02:54 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:00:59 PM, innomen wrote:

Good idea or bomb?

Agreed. Askbob might need to restrain himself before someone cries, but a thick skin would be needed. The really funny one's tend to not be serious.

Since we'll need people to volunteer to be targets to get the thing going (since people shouldn't be targeted unless they choose to partisipate), I think maybe getting a list going of those that are openly willing to take the abuse off the bat.

1) OreEle.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:03:31 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:01:39 PM, badger wrote:

Good idea or bomb?

oh my god, I can't take insults like that!! scratch my name off the list!
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:04:19 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:01:39 PM, badger wrote:

Good idea or bomb?

lol
kfc
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:06:42 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:02:54 PM, OreEle wrote:

Good idea or bomb?

Since we'll need people to volunteer to be targets to get the thing going (since people shouldn't be targeted unless they choose to partisipate), I think maybe getting a list going of those that are openly willing to take the abuse off the bat.

1) OreEle.

Ya think we are so thin skinned? I have no problem being a target, although how anyone could find a funny fault with me is beyond me.

If they participate in the thread they're fair game, and to get it started, yeah we would need a volunteer - badger comes to mind.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:09:25 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:06:42 PM, innomen wrote:

Good idea or bomb?

1) OreEle.

Ya think we are so thin skinned? I have no problem being a target, although how anyone could find a funny fault with me is beyond me.

If they participate in the thread they're fair game, and to get it started, yeah we would need a volunteer - badger comes to mind.

Are we not starting until tomorrow though? Or are we getting a jump start?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:11:23 PM
I just want to be cautious, since what we are doing is "technically" against the TOS, so if we upset someone, it would be nice to be able to point out that they were warned before participating. Ya know, COA type of stuff.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:15:24 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:11:23 PM, OreEle wrote:
I just want to be cautious, since what we are doing is "technically" against the TOS, so if we upset someone, it would be nice to be able to point out that they were warned before participating. Ya know, COA type of stuff.

you little lamb you.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:17:21 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:16:33 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 3/16/2011 4:55:20 PM, badger wrote:
i love this thread.
Yo momma's so fat, her GPS location always shows "Everywhere"!

you're a crazy muslim wannabe terrorist.
signature
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:17:41 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:09:25 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/16/2011 5:06:42 PM, innomen wrote:tj

Good idea or bomb?

1) OreEle.

No no, tomorrow.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:18:37 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:17:41 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/16/2011 5:09:25 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/16/2011 5:06:42 PM, innomen wrote:tj

Good idea or bomb?

1) OreEle.

No no, tomorrow.

typical women.
signature
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:18:53 PM
lmao I think this could be funny, as long as people don't get "butthurt". It probably takes more courage to roast someone than to be roasted. I wouldn't mind being a target, but I probably wouldn't participate.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:19:32 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:18:21 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 3/16/2011 5:17:41 PM, innomen wrote:
No no, tomorrow.
Ah, ignore my last comment.

and will we just ignore the twin towers too?
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:20:08 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:18:53 PM, nonentity wrote:
lmao I think this could be funny, as long as people don't get "butthurt". It probably takes more courage to roast someone than to be roasted. I wouldn't mind being a target, but I probably wouldn't participate.

women are tricky.
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:25:14 PM
At 3/16/2011 5:18:53 PM, nonentity wrote:

That's fine.