Jump to topic:

Will your retirement be pleasant?

artwomyn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:02:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
When you're ready to retire, do you think that you'll be able to have enough money salted away, to live comfortably? Or do you think that you'll have to work the rest of your life, just to have enough money to survive on, when you're elderly? Do you have any health issues, that would impede your enjoyment of life, as you age? Do you have family and good friends to grow old with, or do you see yourself facing a lonely old age? Finally, do you see society doing more, to make life easier for the elderly in the coming years?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 9:17:53 AM
At 3/19/2011 8:02:48 AM, artwomyn wrote:
When you're ready to retire, do you think that you'll be able to have enough money salted away, to live comfortably? Or do you think that you'll have to work the rest of your life, just to have enough money to survive on, when you're elderly? Do you have any health issues, that would impede your enjoyment of life, as you age? Do you have family and good friends to grow old with, or do you see yourself facing a lonely old age? Finally, do you see society doing more, to make life easier for the elderly in the coming years?

Hope for the best and plan for the worst. I have things in place that should insure a pretty comfortable, but not extravagant retirement, but there are too many variables to count on anything. This is particularly true in our current economic environment, and great economic challenges if not catastrophes are not out of the question. Same with health. I work out and eat right and address the stresses of my life. I am happy today, and will deal with the events of tomorrow - tomorrow.

BTW - Keep in mind the average age of member here is about 20, so planning or thinking about retirement isn't real to most yet.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 11:49:30 AM
i have more saved for retirement than the average 55 year old.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 4:08:53 PM
At 3/19/2011 11:49:30 AM, askbob wrote:
@ 21.

lol
'sup DDO -- july 2013
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 4:11:33 PM
I've been paying super for 5 years...
I have nothing saved.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 3:26:38 AM

That will all vanish once you become an adult.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 9:10:50 AM

Saved or invested?
President of DDO
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 10:17:26 AM
At 3/20/2011 9:10:50 AM, Danielle wrote:

Saved or invested?

both
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 6:00:41 PM
if like the top of ireland got cut off my some tsumani now or something it'd be fairly cool. but then the rest of it was ok. and england got moved up near the south pole.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 6:01:49 PM
At 3/20/2011 6:00:41 PM, badger wrote:
if like the top of ireland got cut off my some tsumani now or something it'd be fairly cool. but then the rest of it was ok. and england got moved up near the south pole.

and that's with nothing against the brits now or anything. just to completely fvck up life as we know it you know. bit of mayhem.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 6:02:58 PM
At 3/20/2011 6:01:49 PM, badger wrote:
At 3/20/2011 6:00:41 PM, badger wrote:

and that's with nothing against the brits now or anything. just to completely fvck up life as we know it you know. bit of mayhem.

the brits among another 4 or 5 billion.
signature