Total Posts:122|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Wonders of LSD

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 7:52:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A thread all about LSD!

Most people go for alcohol, tobacco, or weed but LSD is probably the only drug I have any real interest in. Where the others might be fun or help you relax, LSD will actually provide you with a profound experience. You won't just hallucinate like with shrooms, no, your consciousness will be altered, you can experience things you didn't even know were possible.

This is a thread to talk about LSD, post relevant material, indulge us in stories of a trip you may have had and, something which would be really interesting, if you ever have a trip I want you to come to this very thread an describe your experience while it is occurring.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:00:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You know your personality and political/social beliefs (absurdism, other nonsense, etc).? Were you always like that, or only after taking LSD?
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:03:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:00:31 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
You know your personality and political/social beliefs (absurdism, other nonsense, etc).? Were you always like that, or only after taking LSD?

I've never taken it but I feel I may be reassured in them if I did.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:05:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:03:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:00:31 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
You know your personality and political/social beliefs (absurdism, other nonsense, etc).? Were you always like that, or only after taking LSD?

I've never taken it but I feel I may be reassured in them if I did.

I take it you've never taken shrooms either (based on, "You won't just hallucinate like with shrooms, no, your consciousness will be altered, you can experience things you didn't even know were possible.")
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:06:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:05:05 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:03:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:00:31 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
You know your personality and political/social beliefs (absurdism, other nonsense, etc).? Were you always like that, or only after taking LSD?

I've never taken it but I feel I may be reassured in them if I did.

I take it you've never taken shrooms either (based on, "You won't just hallucinate like with shrooms, no, your consciousness will be altered, you can experience things you didn't even know were possible.")

I am just going off what what I have read.

If anyone here has taken either of these things and thinks I am wrong, please tell.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:07:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
post relevant material

http://www.erowid.org... (also the rest of erowid.org)

http://www.bluelight.ru...
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:08:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I could never get a hold of LSD.

Shrooms, sure.. Ecstasy, sure.. Weed, of course..

The people around me tend to be into the retarded drugs, like Xanax and heroin.

That said, drugs are bad, kiddies.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:10:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:07:52 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
post relevant material

http://www.erowid.org... (also the rest of erowid.org)

http://www.bluelight.ru...

Particularly the 'Experiences' section of the erowid.org page, if you're interested in trip reports.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:11:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I find it particularly interesting that it can cause "sensory cross-over" which means seeing smells, tasting sound, and the such.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:24:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've thought about taking LSD. My greatest concern is that the experience one has with LSD can completely change you: either for the better or the worse. Based on your state of mind, and your subconsciousness, one can have a "bad trip", which can cause one to even have PTSD from the bad trip. I tend to have mainly nightmares and bad dreams and I am also quite a depressed person, so no taking LSD wouldn't be good for me.

However, if you don't think you have any problems and you are in a good mood, by all means take LSD. However, there is a major risk involved.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:26:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I believe I am mentally stable enough to have an LSD experience.

I've long since quit drugs, but LSD is one drug I would definitely give a shot if I had access to it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:27:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not afraid of a bad trip. I have an entirely relaxed state of mind and it's more about the education than the pleasure for me anyway.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:29:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:27:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm not afraid of a bad trip. I have an entirely relaxed state of mind and it's more about the education than the pleasure for me anyway.

Why haven't you taken LSD or shrooms yet then? High school (in California too!) should be a good place to find them, especially if you hang around with the type of people I assume you hang around with.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:32:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:11:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I find it particularly interesting that it can cause "sensory cross-over" which means seeing smells, tasting sound, and the such.

The thought of seeing, smelling, and tasting sound makes go funny in the pants.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:35:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:29:35 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:27:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm not afraid of a bad trip. I have an entirely relaxed state of mind and it's more about the education than the pleasure for me anyway.

Why haven't you taken LSD or shrooms yet then? High school (in California too!) should be a good place to find them, especially if you hang around with the type of people I assume you hang around with.

I was homeschooled.

Almost all my close friends I know in person are Conservative Christians.

How I got where I am completely baffles me, I became radical in my ideas before I ever got deep into the internet crowd.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:39:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have never tried a recreational drug but I have studied and very well self-perfected altered-state-of-consciousness meditation techniques. I have caused myself to hallucinate, experience euphoria and comprehend things which are unable to be described. The experiences I have had with meditation make me extremely enthusiastic about LSD.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:41:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:39:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I have never tried a recreational drug but I have studied and very well self-perfected altered-state-of-consciousness meditation techniques. I have caused myself to hallucinate, experience euphoria and comprehend things which are unable to be described. The experiences I have had with meditation make me extremely enthusiastic about LSD.

Go for it, if you jump of your roof while delusionally thinking you can fly, I'll just laugh.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:43:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:41:38 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:39:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I have never tried a recreational drug but I have studied and very well self-perfected altered-state-of-consciousness meditation techniques. I have caused myself to hallucinate, experience euphoria and comprehend things which are unable to be described. The experiences I have had with meditation make me extremely enthusiastic about LSD.

Go for it, if you jump of your roof while delusionally thinking you can fly, I'll just laugh.

I would certainly do it with a trusted friend.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:47:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:43:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:41:38 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:39:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I have never tried a recreational drug but I have studied and very well self-perfected altered-state-of-consciousness meditation techniques. I have caused myself to hallucinate, experience euphoria and comprehend things which are unable to be described. The experiences I have had with meditation make me extremely enthusiastic about LSD.

Go for it, if you jump of your roof while delusionally thinking you can fly, I'll just laugh.

I would certainly do it with a trusted friend.

Yes, altering your mind with friends means that nothing bad will happen. You know what is better? Find someone that already chooses to damage their brain and study them.

You know how your wouldn't give yourself a dose of radiation to experience how it effects you, apply that same logic to everything else that other people have figured out is harmful.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 8:51:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:47:04 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:43:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:41:38 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:39:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I have never tried a recreational drug but I have studied and very well self-perfected altered-state-of-consciousness meditation techniques. I have caused myself to hallucinate, experience euphoria and comprehend things which are unable to be described. The experiences I have had with meditation make me extremely enthusiastic about LSD.

Go for it, if you jump of your roof while delusionally thinking you can fly, I'll just laugh.

I would certainly do it with a trusted friend.

Yes, altering your mind with friends means that nothing bad will happen. You know what is better? Find someone that already chooses to damage their brain and study them.

You know how your wouldn't give yourself a dose of radiation to experience how it effects you, apply that same logic to everything else that other people have figured out is harmful.

Would you care to provide any evidence that it is harmful before just assuming that it is? LSD is classified as non-toxic.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 11:35:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:47:04 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:43:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:41:38 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:39:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I have never tried a recreational drug but I have studied and very well self-perfected altered-state-of-consciousness meditation techniques. I have caused myself to hallucinate, experience euphoria and comprehend things which are unable to be described. The experiences I have had with meditation make me extremely enthusiastic about LSD.

Go for it, if you jump of your roof while delusionally thinking you can fly, I'll just laugh.

I would certainly do it with a trusted friend.

Yes, altering your mind with friends means that nothing bad will happen. You know what is better? Find someone that already chooses to damage their brain and study them.

You know how your wouldn't give yourself a dose of radiation to experience how it effects you, apply that same logic to everything else that other people have figured out is harmful.

Sheer ignorance.

"LSD is physiologically well tolerated and there is no evidence for long-lasting effects on the brain or other parts of the human organism." -- http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 11:46:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 11:35:41 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:47:04 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:43:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:41:38 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/19/2011 8:39:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I have never tried a recreational drug but I have studied and very well self-perfected altered-state-of-consciousness meditation techniques. I have caused myself to hallucinate, experience euphoria and comprehend things which are unable to be described. The experiences I have had with meditation make me extremely enthusiastic about LSD.

Go for it, if you jump of your roof while delusionally thinking you can fly, I'll just laugh.

I would certainly do it with a trusted friend.

Yes, altering your mind with friends means that nothing bad will happen. You know what is better? Find someone that already chooses to damage their brain and study them.

You know how your wouldn't give yourself a dose of radiation to experience how it effects you, apply that same logic to everything else that other people have figured out is harmful.

Sheer ignorance.

"LSD is physiologically well tolerated and there is no evidence for long-lasting effects on the brain or other parts of the human organism." -- http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

There has been studies that one can become schizophrenic after the experience and experience Post-traumatic stress disorder. It's also an experience that effects the way you view the world. It could be for the better or worse. Yet its a risk I wouldn't take.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 11:47:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Freedo, yes, you are incorrect in your judgement of shrooms. Imo, shrooms are better than LSD.

Effects of Shrooms:

- mood lift,
- euphoria increased giggling and laughing creative,
- philosophical or deep thinking : ideas flow more easily
- boring tasks or entertainment can become more
- interesting or funny sensation of insight life-changing spiritual experience
- intense feelings of wonder
- paradoxical feeling of a normalcy and deep alteration of psyche
- may interrupt cluster sequences in those suffering from cluster headaches [ Cluster Headache TRAL feeling
- more emotionally sensitive
- general change in consciousness (as with ma time perception alteration [ time seems to pass more slowly (
- minut sensitivity to light; lights seem brighter starring and rainbow patterns around pinpoint lig
- increased detection of motion in peripheral vision
- open and closed-eye sleepiness,
- le pupil dilation
- sensation of energy or ATIVE
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 3:20:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 11:47:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Freedo, yes, you are incorrect in your judgement of shrooms. Imo, shrooms are better than LSD.

Effects of Shrooms:

- mood lift,
- euphoria increased giggling and laughing creative,
- philosophical or deep thinking : ideas flow more easily
- boring tasks or entertainment can become more
- interesting or funny sensation of insight life-changing spiritual experience
- intense feelings of wonder
- paradoxical feeling of a normalcy and deep alteration of psyche
- may interrupt cluster sequences in those suffering from cluster headaches [ Cluster Headache TRAL feeling
- more emotionally sensitive
- general change in consciousness (as with ma time perception alteration [ time seems to pass more slowly (
- minut sensitivity to light; lights seem brighter starring and rainbow patterns around pinpoint lig
- increased detection of motion in peripheral vision
- open and closed-eye sleepiness,
- le pupil dilation
- sensation of energy or ATIVE

Have you had both shrooms and LSD?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 3:34:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/20/2011 3:20:13 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Have you had both shrooms and LSD?

Shrooms, yes. The most amazing experiences ever. LSD, only second-hand accounts from those who do both. Honestly though, they have nearly identical effects. I guess they're equal.

See here:

Shrooms:
http://www.erowid.org...

LSD:
http://www.erowid.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 8:58:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/20/2011 3:20:13 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Have you had both shrooms and LSD?

I've tried pretty much every drug at least once except for heroin, crack and meth. I've done both LSD and shrooms a dozen times. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions; I think if people are considering experimenting, they should be well informed by legit sources (i.e., people you know and not random people off the internet... though I suppose to you I am a random person off the internet lol).

Geo's list for shrooms effects was okay except it conveniently leaves out the BAD. A good percentage of the time a trip will go to a "bad place" and most people aren't prepared for that. I took to psychedelics like a fish to water and have only gone to a bad place when other people around me put me there. Now I am VERY selective about who I hang out with while doing anything like that because a lot of people can't handle their sh!t. I don't even trip with Vi anymore because she freaked out one time and ruined my whole trip. I'm just a professional about it and get really impatient for n00bs. We should chat sometime about how to minimize the possibility of a bad trip, or what to do if you have one :)

Personally, I prefer mushrooms to LSD but it's definitely a matter of preference. I think mushrooms makes you lose your head a bit more and with LSD you're more in control. I dunno. I've heard some crazy LSD stories but my trips have always been really mild. Last time I did it I took 3-4 hits at once and only really experienced a body high plus some visuals. I didn't have any trippy thoughts or anything like that. I dunno - I have a really high tolerance, so I'm not the best judge. With mushrooms though I'm just faced lol trippin bawls.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 9:02:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 8:08:21 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I could never get a hold of LSD.

If you're willing to drive to DeKalb I could get it for you no problem. My roommate actually has a bunch right now... but let me stop lol if you're interested we can move this conversation to PM :P
President of DDO
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 9:31:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok, maybe shrooms would be better, I think I may have hooked myself up with some LSD though.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord