Jump to topic:

break up

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 3:51:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just broke up with my first and only bf.
He was controlling. He kept accusing me of lying and cheating. I kept hurting everyday, and even last night I cut because of the drama.
Idk where to go from here?? I have not much hope for the future now, so I'm a bit depressed.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 3:55:47 PM
The most important thing (I think) is to hold on to the reasons why you broke up with him. It's not worth it to go back. If you go back to him it only gets worse. It's like having spoiled milk... you open the fridge and go back to it but it's still spoiled and it only gets worse.

The second important thing is to realize it's not the end of the world and it gets better and you deserve better.

If you're cutting yourself you should talk to someone. (From what you've said of your family, it's probably a good idea to call a help line. I don't know what resources Americans have but Ann can help you with that.)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 3:58:22 PM
At 4/1/2011 3:51:23 PM, lovelife wrote:
He was controlling. He kept accusing me of lying and cheating. I kept hurting everyday, and even last night I cut because of the drama.
Idk where to go from here?? I have not much hope for the future now, so I'm a bit depressed.

not to make it sound like this is no big deal, but... If you step back and logically think "I'm 16, I have plenty of time to heal and meet new and better people" you'll realize that you'll get over this.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 3:58:54 PM
It'll hurt for a long while, and you will never forget this particular one. It's a good thing that you have to go through so that you get better at choosing in the future. I can also tell you that it will happen again, and probably again, and probably again. It does get a little easier until you get to the right one, and it can even happen again. It's a good bad experience.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:01:41 PM
you broke up with him right? You'll find someone better, it'll hurt for awhile, but always know that it is going to be better with time.

"Time heals all wounds. Unless you have a rash, then you're better off with ointment."
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:03:26 PM
At 4/1/2011 4:01:41 PM, OreEle wrote:
"Time heals all wounds. Unless you have a rash, then you're better off with ointment."

The podiatrist told me time wounds all heels.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:07:44 PM
I suggest using the negative feelings to be proactive...
Go out and make a huge effort to be better.
Work out, read, make new friends, that sort of stuff.

I'm not over my ex and we've been broken up for like 6 months.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:12:38 PM
At 4/1/2011 3:51:23 PM, lovelife wrote:

So, in the long run you made the good choice, I suppose, this is a good thing to keep in mind. Can't relate, though; Im cold hearted person.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:13:28 PM
At 4/1/2011 4:13:04 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Sounds pretty bad. Don't cut, it doesn't help with anything.

Will you be changing your name then?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:13:50 PM
At 4/1/2011 4:13:28 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

(too soon?)
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:20:23 PM
At 4/1/2011 4:13:50 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

(too soon?)

Bad-kitty
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:32:48 PM
At 4/1/2011 4:20:23 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 4/1/2011 4:13:50 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

(too soon?)

Bad-kitty

*Eats the silly parrot* - Speaking of dead parrots. I was driving along, not far from my house when I saw a dead parrot on the road, not visibly damaged by a vehicle. WTF?
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:35:46 PM
There is help.

http://www.crazymeds.us...

I don't cut, but I've been at the verge of rash things because of my depression and anxiety (I think I have some ancient threads on depression and anxiety somewhere in the Health forum, probably a couple years old) and know what its like to know it isn't healthy but be unable to snap my finger and just stop doing it.

Try and get help. I know, especially in the U.S., it is very difficult to get help if you aren't wealthy, a lot of clinics are being closed down and defunded, but there is still some help out there.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:37:19 PM
At 4/1/2011 4:35:46 PM, PervRat wrote:
There is help.

I don't cut, but I've been at the verge of rash things because of my depression and anxiety (I think I have some ancient threads on depression and anxiety somewhere in the Health forum, probably a couple years old) and know what its like to know it isn't healthy but be unable to snap my finger and just stop doing it.

Try and get help. I know, especially in the U.S., it is very difficult to get help if you aren't wealthy, a lot of clinics are being closed down and defunded, but there is still some help out there.

If you get arrested, you can get rehab for free.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:40:22 PM
At 4/1/2011 4:37:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
There is help.

If you try and get arrested, film the crime, and post it here! Make it a funny one, like burning down someone's house.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 4:45:30 PM
At 4/1/2011 4:40:22 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/1/2011 4:37:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
There is help.

If you try and get arrested, film the crime, and post it here! Make it a funny one, like burning down someone's house.

That's not exactly funny. Burn down someone's dog house (while the dog is not inside), then grab the garden hose while making firetruck sounds and put it out. Do this all while wearing nothing but your underwear and a fireman's helmet.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 5:05:05 PM
At 4/1/2011 5:04:16 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 4/1/2011 5:01:32 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
The stench of April Fools is in the air...

Yah, I wondered that too.

It is highly likely, but given that it is either true or not true, I'm just playing it safe.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 5:06:29 PM
At 4/1/2011 5:05:05 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/1/2011 5:04:16 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 4/1/2011 5:01:32 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
The stench of April Fools is in the air...

Yah, I wondered that too.

It is highly likely, but given that it is either true or not true, I'm just playing it safe.

I know it's not. They had a fight and then made up afterwards. I witnessed it.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 5:09:07 PM
I doubt the OP is an AF. My post on the main debate.org forum was, but this sort of thing would be a rather lousy topic to joke about.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 5:10:08 PM
At 4/1/2011 5:05:05 PM, OreEle wrote:

Yah... it's ingrained in my brain to take any sort of mental illness very seriously. Whatever floats her boat, I guess.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 5:10:31 PM
At 4/1/2011 5:09:07 PM, PervRat wrote:
I doubt the OP is an AF. My post on the main debate.org forum was, but this sort of thing would be a rather lousy topic to joke about.

Nobody wants to admit they got suckered lol.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 5:11:50 PM

This. A friend of mine on FB had all his close friends post on his wall asking for prayers for him because he was in the hospital and might die. Sooo many people posted on his wall like "Omg what happened?" "I'm praying for you. I hope you're okay."

And he came out and said April Fool!

Pretty lame for a Pastor's son.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 5:15:52 PM
At 4/1/2011 5:11:50 PM, nonentity wrote:

This. A friend of mine on FB had all his close friends post on his wall asking for prayers for him because he was in the hospital and might die. Sooo many people posted on his wall like "Omg what happened?" "I'm praying for you. I hope you're okay."

Personally, I don't take the day too seriously. I know some people that are so desperiate to not get fooled that they border on clinical paranoia. Then it is fun to do nothing to them except let them live in their own paranoia.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 5:18:03 PM
At 4/1/2011 5:15:52 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/1/2011 5:11:50 PM, nonentity wrote:

Personally, I don't take the day too seriously. I know some people that are so desperiate to not get fooled that they border on clinical paranoia. Then it is fun to do nothing to them except let them live in their own paranoia.

My philosophy is to continue to suspend disbelief on purpose so that you can laugh at yourself, and reaffirm your place in the cosmic joke.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 5:38:20 PM
wow I'm sorry so many took that serious.

We did almost break up because he said I keep changing and stuff. I did cut last night, but I was drunk (the most I ever drank. I normaly take two sips and I'm done. Maybe a shot if I can), and alot of stress, some fighting etc.
Things are kinda bad and it keeps feeling like we will break up but I am sure that we will make it.

If we don't I will try to take the advise given.

I seriously feel kinda bad about that now tho.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave