Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

what would DDOers do?

devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:23:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I need advice...

There's this guy whom I'm crazy about, he may or may not feel the same.. (I haven't said anything to him yet)

The problem is he's muslim, and my parents may or may not have a problem with that

is this something that's even worth pursuing?
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:39:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Religion:Atheist
unless you lead him away from his faith, or he leads you to it, he's effectively not allowed to be in a relationship with you. ^_^.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:39:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:37:03 PM, badger wrote:
have you met mirza?

Um... no. I've read a few of his posts and a a debate or two... why?
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:42:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:23:43 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
I need advice...

There's this guy whom I'm crazy about

The problem is he's muslim

What kind of muslim is he
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:42:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:39:35 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 4/13/2011 3:37:03 PM, badger wrote:
have you met mirza?

Um... no. I've read a few of his posts and a a debate or two... why?

he's a fine muslim...
signature
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:45:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:42:07 PM, askbob wrote:
At 4/13/2011 3:23:43 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
I need advice...

There's this guy whom I'm crazy about

The problem is he's muslim

What kind of muslim is he

Hell if I know... we're not incredibly close friends...
And asking would be awkward..... does it matter?
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:47:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does he know your an atheist? If he does and he's fine with it then it really doesn't matter what your parents think. The same goes with him being a Muslim. If you don't care or it doesn't cause problems then your parents opinion of his religion is arbotrary.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:48:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:39:35 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 4/13/2011 3:37:03 PM, badger wrote:
have you met mirza?

Um... no. I've read a few of his posts and a a debate or two... why?

How could you be on this site for a year and not know who Mirza is? I've been on DDO less than 2 months and I've already died laughing at his posts.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:53:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:48:42 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/13/2011 3:39:35 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 4/13/2011 3:37:03 PM, badger wrote:
have you met mirza?

Um... no. I've read a few of his posts and a a debate or two... why?

How could you be on this site for a year and not know who Mirza is? I've been on DDO less than 2 months and I've already died laughing at his posts.

I know of Mirza, i just haven't gone out of my way to read him....
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:53:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:47:09 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Does he know your an atheist? If he does and he's fine with it then it really doesn't matter what your parents think. The same goes with him being a Muslim. If you don't care or it doesn't cause problems then your parents opinion of his religion is arbotrary.

that's what I was thinking, but it's my parents I'm worried about
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:28:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:23:43 PM, devinni01841 wrote:
I need advice...

There's this guy whom I'm crazy about, he may or may not feel the same.. (I haven't said anything to him yet)

The problem is he's muslim, and my parents may or may not have a problem with that

is this something that's even worth pursuing?

Someone I kind of knew dated a Muslim when she was young for a little while. She said she asked him why his family were okay with them dating each other even though she wasn't muslim. He told her somthing like; according to his faith you should be with as many "unbelievers" as you can before you marry.

So that's something you should probably keep in mind.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:48:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
GUYS CAN YOU HELP ME OUT!?!?!?

There is this girl I like who may or may not feel the same about me. The problem is she is an atheist (i'm muslim.) WhAt CaN i DoOOOOoooOO?
Here is the link to her profile! http://www.debate.org...

I HAS BEEN STALKING HER FOR DAYZ!!!!
kfc
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 8:52:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 4:48:41 PM, Koopin wrote:
GUYS CAN YOU HELP ME OUT!?!?!?

There is this girl I like who may or may not feel the same about me. The problem is she is an atheist (i'm muslim.) WhAt CaN i DoOOOOoooOO?
Here is the link to her profile! http://www.debate.org...

I HAS BEEN STALKING HER FOR DAYZ!!!!

introduce yourself with kfc at her door
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 11:19:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Guys can you help me out?!

There is this guy I like who may or may not feel the same about me. The problem is he's straight(I'm gay). He also has this weird fascination with cooked poultry from some establishment I can't remember at the moment. The problem with this is I'm a vegetarian. What can I do? Here is a link to his profile. http://www.debate.org...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 11:42:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 11:19:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Guys can you help me out?!

There is this guy I like who may or may not feel the same about me. The problem is he's straight(I'm gay). He also has this weird fascination with cooked poultry from some establishment I can't remember at the moment. The problem with this is I'm a vegetarian. What can I do? Here is a link to his profile. http://www.debate.org...

Give him a bucket of KFC and he'll love you forever.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 8:42:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 3:47:09 PM, socialpinko wrote:
If you don't care or it doesn't cause problems then your parents opinion of his religion is arbitrary.

I'm dating a Muslim. Easier said than done, that's for sure. Have you forgotten about the Muslim father who killed his daughter because she wanted to divorce out of her arranged marriage? Yeah, my girlfriend has an arranged marriage too and I practically sleep with one eye open every night. Them b!tches are cray cray.
President of DDO
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:37:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/13/2011 4:48:41 PM, Koopin wrote:
GUYS CAN YOU HELP ME OUT!?!?!?

There is this girl I like who may or may not feel the same about me. The problem is she is an atheist (i'm muslim.) WhAt CaN i DoOOOOoooOO?
Here is the link to her profile! http://www.debate.org...

I HAS BEEN STALKING HER FOR DAYZ!!!!

LOL Koopin, but he's not on DDO
*literally LOLing*

My day has been made :)
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:39:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/14/2011 9:22:25 AM, innomen wrote:
Oh cry me a river. I think my mother would have been happier if i brought home a mulim girl than a nicaraguan boy.

??????? *confused*
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:40:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Thanks for making me laugh, guys. I really needed that.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 10:12:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/14/2011 9:22:25 AM, innomen wrote:
Oh cry me a river. I think my mother would have been happier if i brought home a mulim girl than a nicaraguan boy.

... That's because you're a guy. So no sh!t she wants you to bring home a girl.
President of DDO
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 10:38:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/14/2011 8:42:38 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/13/2011 3:47:09 PM, socialpinko wrote:
If you don't care or it doesn't cause problems then your parents opinion of his religion is arbitrary.

I'm dating a Muslim. Easier said than done, that's for sure. Have you forgotten about the Muslim father who killed his daughter because she wanted to divorce out of her arranged marriage? Yeah, my girlfriend has an arranged marriage too and I practically sleep with one eye open every night. Them b!tches are cray cray.

That's scary. lol

As for the OP, do what makes you happy. You're young, you're not marrying the guy.

I personally would not date a Muslim, simply because I'm at a point in my life where I'm not dating for the sake of dating, I'm dating with the intention of finding a potential husband. (Personally,) I just could not marry into a Muslim family.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 10:41:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/14/2011 9:22:25 AM, innomen wrote:
Oh cry me a river. I think my mother would have been happier if i brought home a mulim girl than a nicaraguan boy.

Lol! My first thought was, what does she have against Nicaraguans? Now I get it...
kfc
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 11:34:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/14/2011 10:38:36 AM, nonentity wrote:
At 4/14/2011 8:42:38 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/13/2011 3:47:09 PM, socialpinko wrote:
If you don't care or it doesn't cause problems then your parents opinion of his religion is arbitrary.

I'm dating a Muslim. Easier said than done, that's for sure. Have you forgotten about the Muslim father who killed his daughter because she wanted to divorce out of her arranged marriage? Yeah, my girlfriend has an arranged marriage too and I practically sleep with one eye open every night. Them b!tches are cray cray.

That's scary. lol

As for the OP, do what makes you happy. You're young, you're not marrying the guy.

I personally would not date a Muslim, simply because I'm at a point in my life where I'm not dating for the sake of dating, I'm dating with the intention of finding a potential husband. (Personally,) I just could not marry into a Muslim family.

Even if it means seriously p!ssing off my parents in the process?
That's my main concern here.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 11:41:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/14/2011 11:34:16 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 4/14/2011 10:38:36 AM, nonentity wrote:
At 4/14/2011 8:42:38 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/13/2011 3:47:09 PM, socialpinko wrote:
If you don't care or it doesn't cause problems then your parents opinion of his religion is arbitrary.

I'm dating a Muslim. Easier said than done, that's for sure. Have you forgotten about the Muslim father who killed his daughter because she wanted to divorce out of her arranged marriage? Yeah, my girlfriend has an arranged marriage too and I practically sleep with one eye open every night. Them b!tches are cray cray.

That's scary. lol

As for the OP, do what makes you happy. You're young, you're not marrying the guy.

I personally would not date a Muslim, simply because I'm at a point in my life where I'm not dating for the sake of dating, I'm dating with the intention of finding a potential husband. (Personally,) I just could not marry into a Muslim family.

Even if it means seriously p!ssing off my parents in the process?
That's my main concern here.

Perhaps I should clarify...
My reason for wondering if it's worth it is because I would not like to get kicked out.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 12:00:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/14/2011 11:41:42 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 4/14/2011 11:34:16 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 4/14/2011 10:38:36 AM, nonentity wrote:
At 4/14/2011 8:42:38 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/13/2011 3:47:09 PM, socialpinko wrote:
If you don't care or it doesn't cause problems then your parents opinion of his religion is arbitrary.

I'm dating a Muslim. Easier said than done, that's for sure. Have you forgotten about the Muslim father who killed his daughter because she wanted to divorce out of her arranged marriage? Yeah, my girlfriend has an arranged marriage too and I practically sleep with one eye open every night. Them b!tches are cray cray.

That's scary. lol

As for the OP, do what makes you happy. You're young, you're not marrying the guy.

I personally would not date a Muslim, simply because I'm at a point in my life where I'm not dating for the sake of dating, I'm dating with the intention of finding a potential husband. (Personally,) I just could not marry into a Muslim family.

Even if it means seriously p!ssing off my parents in the process?
That's my main concern here.

Perhaps I should clarify...
My reason for wondering if it's worth it is because I would not like to get kicked out.

Your 16, they can't legally throw you out on the street.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 12:08:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/14/2011 11:41:42 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
At 4/14/2011 11:34:16 AM, devinni01841 wrote:

Even if it means seriously p!ssing off my parents in the process?
That's my main concern here.

Perhaps I should clarify...
My reason for wondering if it's worth it is because I would not like to get kicked out.

I don't know what kind of dater you are, but I personally don't bring most guys I date to meet my parents, nor do I tell my parents about most guys I date. For my parents to know about a guy I'm dating, we must already be pretty serious. That's only happened once, and I was with the guy for 3 years.

So if you're not serious about the guy, then you shouldn't need to tell your parents about him. If you're serious about a guy enough for your parents to know about him, then you should be willing and able to defend why you're with him to your parents.

I was in this situation with the guy I was with for 3 years. My parents didn't care that he was a different race, but they cared because he had a small child. By that point in the relationship I defended him, at risk of alienating my parents.

The problem with alienating your parents over a guy is that they will always be your parents, while boyfriends come and go. The thing you need to ask yourself is 'is it worth it'? Once your parents have kicked you out, what happens then? You're essentially forced to be with this guy now, because you have no one else, and you gave up your family for this guy.

Is it that serious? lol
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 12:11:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The problem with alienating your parents over a guy is that they will always be your parents
And they'll always be asshats :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.