Jump to topic:

Everclear and Poker

Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 3:23:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yesterday, two monumental events occurred.

The first of which will affect my life for years to come… I had everclear for the first time! I decided to mix it with orange juice, and about 10 minutes later, I was blitzed! Me and my friends then embarked on intoxicated adventures. Such as Skyping females we have not talked with for over 3 years... and going into the hallway to shout obscenities at passing students. We even sang the song "All by myself" at the top of our lungs.

I had seen the video on the right previous to embarking on this journey… so I knew that I should not underestimate its power. But I had about 6 shots worth (of everclear) and then had 2 or 3 shots of vodka. This alone was enough for me to obtain the perfect drunk (no vomiting… no hangover).

The second thing that happened, however, is not as good. Legal action was taken against 3 of the largest online poker websites, effectively shutting them down to U.S. players. Right now, my biggest concern is getting my money from them. I have about a month worth of rent on Pokerstars. But besides that, I have a lot of friends who actually support their family with online poker, one of whom just had his first child (luckily, his bank account is anywhere from 6 to 7 figures). But I am sure there are players who are in serious financial problems due to the moral crusade of selfish politicians. If this only lasts for a month, they could be ok… But if this lasts for 4-6 months, then these players will be losing up to $80,000.

I mean, do any of these lawyers/politician care about us? Do they care that they essentially unemployed thousands of people for something that we, as a community, have BEGGED to be regulated and even taxed? America is supposed to be the ‘land of the free', but right now, we are being laughed at by countries all over the world who can still log onto Pokerstars.

The saddest thing about both of these ‘monumental events' is that I broke the law in both of them. Honestly, the only fun thing I do that is legal is play Call of Duty (and DDO of course!). It seems that American citizens are ok with outlawing entertainment… even if it does not affect them at all.

Our government is not morality police… or at least, they shouldn't be.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 4:17:22 PM
there's serious money to be made in poker.. i wouldn't be so much of a fan of the online poker though.. i'm too much of a gambler for them really :S i'm more of a table player.. if you're smart you could easily support yourself playing though.. and well. either online or at a table.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 4:21:30 PM
At 4/16/2011 4:17:22 PM, badger wrote:
there's serious money to be made in poker.. i wouldn't be so much of a fan of the online poker though.. i'm too much of a gambler for them really :S i'm more of a table player.. if you're smart you could easily support yourself playing though.. and well. either online or at a table.

when i play online i only really do well til i've a load of money.. then i'm like "whoa i've a load of money!" and get fairly reckless lol..

odd huh?
signature
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 4:57:44 PM
At 4/16/2011 4:21:30 PM, badger wrote:

when i play online i only really do well til i've a load of money.. then i'm like "whoa i've a load of money!" and get fairly reckless lol..

odd huh?

lol... how much have you played?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 5:00:55 PM
At 4/16/2011 4:57:44 PM, Johnicle wrote:

odd huh?

i used play a nice bit on bet fair. but that account also had online 21 like a click away from the poker and i'm a more dangerous gambler again on that so i'd to leave it lol i'd consider myself good short of being reckless sometimes :) and weed would sort that lol
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 5:11:51 PM
At 4/16/2011 5:00:55 PM, badger wrote:
At 4/16/2011 4:57:44 PM, Johnicle wrote:

odd huh?

i used play a nice bit on bet fair. but that account also had online 21 like a click away from the poker and i'm a more dangerous gambler again on that so i'd to leave it lol i'd consider myself good short of being reckless sometimes :) and weed would sort that lol

i played like a do on facebook poker really.. i only ever put in 15 euro (the minimum) and never took anything out.. often made it up to several hundred euro.. but just lost it all again lol.. probably down 200 euro or so from playing it lol.. over about maybe three months i'd say.. i'll probably set up another account though.. now possibly.
signature
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 5:36:50 PM
At 4/16/2011 5:15:05 PM, badger wrote:
whoa it's been seized by the fbi lol

yeah... thus my rant

This isn't an attack on simply something I do for fun. Poker is a lifestyle. The government doesn't look out for my best interests and they never have.

Janice K. Fedarcyk should be arrested for treason IMO.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 5:47:30 PM
Of course the politicians don't care about you--they don't care about anyone but themselves. They've got no problem stealing trillions and murdering millions, why wouldn't they have a problem ruining your fun to get a few votes?

Also, do you know of any legit US poker sites that they haven't shut down?
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 6:20:28 PM
At 4/16/2011 5:47:30 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
Of course the politicians don't care about you--they don't care about anyone but themselves.

False. Politicians care about being pawns for the Illuminati and being rewarded for doing so.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 6:23:27 PM
Of course the politicians don't care about you--they don't care about anyone but themselves. They've got no problem stealing trillions and murdering millions, why wouldn't they have a problem ruining your fun to get a few votes?

Also, do you know of any legit US poker sites that they haven't shut down?

Well they are nothing in comparison, but Bodog and the Cake network are sites still running I think. But who knows... maybe they're next.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 6:24:11 PM
At 4/16/2011 6:20:28 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Of course the politicians don't care about you--they don't care about anyone but themselves.

False. Politicians care about being pawns for the Illuminati and being rewarded for doing so.

First of all, lol. Second, that doesn't really contradict what I said--they're still just looking after themselves.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.