Jump to topic:

A personality question

Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 2:15:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Perhaps it's just an odd observation on my part, but: though it may only be my own experience, I thought I used to be much more cordial and polite when engaging with other users here on DDO. Nowadays, however, I've come under the impression that I'm a lot more bitter and hostile toward a lot of people whenever I begin to believe that they're ignorant/stupid/wasting my time/misrepresenting me/other aggravating things. I've noticed it more than usual, recently in my exchange with "racist", and a bit prior in my dialogue with cliff.stamp. Can anyone else attest to this change?
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 2:18:59 AM
At 4/28/2011 2:15:54 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Perhaps it's just an odd observation on my part, but: though it may only be my own experience, I thought I used to be much more cordial and polite when engaging with other users here on DDO. Nowadays, however, I've come under the impression that I'm a lot more bitter and hostile toward a lot of people whenever I begin to believe that they're ignorant/stupid/wasting my time/misrepresenting me/other aggravating things. I've noticed it more than usual, recently in my exchange with "racist", and a bit prior in my dialogue with cliff.stamp. Can anyone else attest to this change?

There was a short period of time when this was true for me not anymore.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 2:38:07 AM
You are a bear in a suit.

While you are in a suit, you are still a bear.

You should expect these things.

Also, racist isn't stupid, he's fvcking hilarious. He's probably the funniest troll I've ever seen. If you actually understand what he's saying, it should be obvious that he's purposely wording humorous things in a way that is meant to get a negative reaction from people who are too easily caught up in semantics.

He's totally making fun of you all.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 2:39:47 AM
If you do understand racist, you are probably just taking him too seriously.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 2:49:03 AM

Honestly I haven't seen you act any differently. Your generally that way to anyone you believe is ignorant/stupid. It is the norm here so I wouldn't sweat it much, actually you would have a harder time fitting in here if you were cordial and polite when engaging with other users here on DDO, others with different opinions anyway. It's the cool and hip thing to do here, chill out and go with the flow man.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 2:52:04 AM
At 4/28/2011 2:38:07 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
You are a bear in a suit.

While you are in a suit, you are still a bear.

You should expect these things.

Also, racist isn't stupid, he's fvcking hilarious. He's probably the funniest troll I've ever seen. If you actually understand what he's saying, it should be obvious that he's purposely wording humorous things in a way that is meant to get a negative reaction from people who are too easily caught up in semantics.

He's totally making fun of you all.

True. I think I was still too annoyed from my "discussion" with cliff to realize what he was doing.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 5:38:38 AM
At 4/28/2011 4:14:24 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 4/28/2011 3:50:44 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Yes. Your absolute power has gone to your head. You have become a corrupt monster! Burn him!

A short time from now, I'll no longer be the Führer, unfortunately. I'll be handing that off to askbob, and I'm sure he'll do an astounding job with it.

Yes, but power had already gone to his head so its not as much fun.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 10:09:59 AM
Perhaps it's just an odd observation on my part, but: though it may only be my own experience, I thought I used to be much more cordial and polite when engaging with other users here on DDO. Nowadays, however, I've come under the impression that I'm a lot more bitter and hostile toward a lot of people whenever I begin to believe that they're ignorant/stupid/wasting my time/misrepresenting me/other aggravating things. I've noticed it more than usual, recently in my exchange with "racist", and a bit prior in my dialogue with cliff.stamp. Can anyone else attest to this change?:

I can't comment on you (haven't noticed a change) but since coming here I've completely changed how I handle people. On other forums in the past I was very cordial and slow to outward expressions of anger. Now I'm being more of myself. Of course, anyone who knows me knows that I say most of it in jest.

I swear like a sailor because I am a sailor.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 12:13:43 AM
After awhile, I think everyone becomes a little less patient on this site...

I'm less interested by the site now. I've become fed-up with repeating my stances over and over and over and reading the same questions in every f*cking conversation. And because of that, I'm being more b!tchy in the forums.

Nothing to worry about though. It's the interwebz, not a popularity contest. :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 2:56:37 AM
Similar to what ann said above me. Patience is running thin, and the population here has had a bit of a turn over with some noticeable loss in quality. I haven't noticed much of a change in you here, but elsewhere - well you know.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 4:55:41 AM

The Internet does that to you. It is a shame there are not many humble intellectuals like me anymore.....
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 8:50:18 AM
At 4/28/2011 4:14:24 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 4/28/2011 3:50:44 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Yes. Your absolute power has gone to your head. You have become a corrupt monster! Burn him!

A short time from now, I'll no longer be the Führer, unfortunately. I'll be handing that off to lovelife, and I'm sure she'll do an astounding job with it.

hmmm
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 8:58:21 AM
At 4/29/2011 12:13:43 AM, annhasle wrote:

I'm less interested by the site now. I've become fed-up with repeating my stances over and over and over and reading the same questions in every f*cking conversation. And because of that, I'm being more b!tchy in the forums.

If you're a moral nihilist then why did God create the 10 commandments?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 7:36:22 PM
At 4/29/2011 8:58:21 AM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 4/29/2011 12:13:43 AM, annhasle wrote:

If you're a moral nihilist then why did God create the 10 commandments?

This made me laugh really hard.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 8:08:20 PM

Nowadays, however, I've come under the impression that I'm a lot more bitter and hostile toward a lot of people whenever I begin to believe that they're ignorant/stupid/wasting my time/misrepresenting me/other aggravating things.

Extremely ironically, the main reason that conflicts escalate over the internet is because of lack of punishment. In a regular conversation the tendency is there to mediate because reactions are obvious and immediate, this is not there in the internet and thus small things turn into big things rapidly. It is one of the major differences in trying to mediate through email vs in person, and why almost always it is better to have a face to face when email turns even a little hostile. Of course the fact that you went off on constant personal rants while I stayed objective is rather amusing considering the nature of the discussion.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 8:17:09 PM
At 4/29/2011 2:56:37 AM, innomen wrote:
Similar to what ann said above me. Patience is running thin, and the population here has had a bit of a turn over with some noticeable loss in quality. I haven't noticed much of a change in you here, but elsewhere - well you know.

I agree 100%.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 8:49:53 PM
Don't ever change from how you are right now Cody.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:10:19 AM
At 4/30/2011 8:17:09 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 4/29/2011 2:56:37 AM, innomen wrote:

I agree 100%.

I see, you ignored my obvious refutation to your world belief. Ignorance is a bliss, I guess.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 7:51:50 PM
Lol Cody.

Cosmic is right about Racist, he is troll.

It can be difficult to have a discussion with Cliff, but if you keep him to one point, it's alot less stressful.

Don't change Cody!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 11:55:50 AM
Everyone changes over time. The best thing is that you see that you are changing and so you can partially control how you change and what you change to. Those that don't think they are changing and think that they are standing fast to a rock are the ones that are simply changing to the wind and have no control over where they go and end up.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"