Jump to topic:

Ex employment haunted!

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 8:57:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Were I use to work, Poundland has been rated and classified as haunted by current staff workers. I will tell of the events that have been taking place.

My best friend, Carl, works full time at Poundland. As a self confirmed atheist, he refused to believe in anything supernatural. Other staff members there (one Muslim) also live secular life styles. Since a number of odd and seemingly unexplainable things have been occurring, my friend Carl has become more open minded, as once saying 'there is no God' to 'perhaps there is something', which is still an illogical statement. However...

As far as the odd events go, a number are caught on CCTV and others are directly observed. Let's begin. To note, I worked at Poundland for around 3 months.

1. The staff room, which has quite a lot of cupboard and draws. From what the staff have said, one of the employers will walk into the staff room during working hours, to find that all of the cupboards and draws are wide open! No one is seen doing this, opening all the cupboards and draws, and from what I have been told, no one was upstairs between the last person in the staff room and the time when the cupboards and draws were found all open. Strange.

It has been reported to have happened several times now. It never happened when I worked there. And to be honest, nothing odd or unusual did happen when I was working there.

2. Perhaps the most odd and strange one of all the events. After viewing the CCTV cameras in the morning, the camera viewing the lift in the ware house upstairs caught something very strange. From testimony, about midnight to 1am, a bright formless entity appeared and then disappeared. One of the staff workers sent the footage off to be analysed, it was said to be a 'portal' of some sort. Where spirits would us to travel, either to the spiritual world, or to another location outside of the store?

3. Reports of things being 'thrown' off of shelves. Probably this one is the most predictable of them all. But still fascinating. Again, a CCTV camera which is above one the tills caught two Mini Egg packets fall off the hooks. Sometimes, sweet packets would normally fall off if too many were one one hook. However my friend claimed that the Mini Egg packets were firmly on the hooks.

Before I worked at Poundland, reports of drink cans were heard falling off of the shelves at the back of the store when everyone was gathered at the front waiting to go home. I've never experienced this happen to me. It was never reported to have happened when I worked there.

Other similar events have been reported, one member of staff claimed to see a box fly off of a self in the ware house.

4. Another CCTV capture, this time of orbs. The smaller ware house down stairs had some late night activity when the CCTV camera caught two orbs floating right left to right towards the lift door. Again, never happened when I was there.

There are a few more events which I have been told, but I do not know the details, so I won't tell them.

There was one thing that did happen to me. I was in the toilets looking in the mirror. It was after hours and I was upstairs by myself. By looking into the mirror, you can see the corridor due to the toilet door being open. As I was looking at myself, in the corner of my eye, I noticed a black figure literally zoom passed in the corridor. It was heading towards the ware house. I am still not 100% convinced that it was anything, but I am more convinced than not. My friend, Carl, has also experienced something very similar to my describe of a 'black figure'.

Anyway, that's pretty much all as of so far. Thoughts?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 11:53:55 PM
At 4/30/2011 8:57:46 PM, GodSands wrote:
Thoughts?

I have a Velociraptor under my house. My friend has seen it. This other guy had his arm chewed off and he thinks paleontology is stupid. Some guy hears it at night. It's on camera n stuff for real as well.

Thoughts?
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 12:06:06 AM
TL:DR

There was no ghost. If a ghost came into my room now and said hello to me, I would not believe in ghosts. However, if I recorded a conversation with it on my computer's camera I might. Post a video of you and the ghost with a DDO sign and I'll buy it.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 3:47:09 AM
At 5/1/2011 3:46:24 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Sorry, that was me =/

Also the term haunted offends me. I prefer co-inhabited with vitally challenged occupants.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 6:01:44 AM
At 4/30/2011 9:18:42 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Is it just me or does poundland sound like a brothel and amusement park combined?

LOL.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 2:29:16 PM
At 4/30/2011 11:53:55 PM, Puck wrote:
At 4/30/2011 8:57:46 PM, GodSands wrote:
Thoughts?

I have a Velociraptor under my house. My friend has seen it. This other guy had his arm chewed off and he thinks paleontology is stupid. Some guy hears it at night. It's on camera n stuff for real as well.

Thoughts?

Sorry, care to question, or do you just want to make up a false story with no credibility? Why would an employee open all the cupboards and draws in the staff room? And how do things just fly off the shelves? Goodness :)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 2:37:45 PM
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 9:00:25 AM
At 5/2/2011 3:35:58 AM, Puck wrote:
At 5/1/2011 2:29:16 PM, GodSands wrote:
story with no credibility?

Hmmmm.

"Story with no credibility, credibility, credibility, credibility, credibility....*Hmmmm*"