Jump to topic:

Liar Game

vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 5:38:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have just re-watched a show called "Liar Game" and am wondering if there are other similar shows, are there?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 5:54:26 AM
At 5/15/2011 5:38:00 AM, vardas0antras wrote:
I have just re-watched a show called "Liar Game" and am wondering if there are other similar shows, are there?

it's now a show!? i read the manga way back when someone posted it here.. it was class!
signature
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 9:23:40 AM
At 5/15/2011 5:54:26 AM, badger wrote:

it's now a show!? i read the manga way back when someone posted it here.. it was class!

I too have read the manga, though not fully. There is a show in it too and a movie. Also, yeah, liar game is exceptional.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 9:24:10 AM
At 5/15/2011 9:23:40 AM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 5/15/2011 5:54:26 AM, badger wrote:

I too have read the manga, though not fully. There is a show about it too and a movie. Also, yeah, liar game is exceptional.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 7:46:06 PM

There's an Australian show called "Thank God You're Here!" A comic is usually thrown into a situation he/she knows nothing about, like a crime scene, political launch, school crisis meeting, etc, has no script and is questioned by those present. All this before a big live audience.The quality of the lies is the big prize and reward. An adjudicator scores the presentation. The show is very popular and has been worked by at least a dozen countries in their own languages.

Another popular liar's game in Australia is called the annual parliamentary Budget report." Followed by the Elections. Many laughs.

There's also a board game called "Balderdash" - you're given a really obscure word. You can give the true meaning or make up something that sounds credible but is way out of the park. If your made up word is swallowed, you get the points. It's about persuasion. Cheers!
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 12:30:39 PM
If you liked liar game, I suggest you read the manga "ousama game" and "8.1 yamada yuusuke gekijou", both are on nearly the same premise as liar game.

Although I don't know if they've been scantalated, since I can read japanese. :)