Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Cliff is a Troll

Sieben
Posts: 2,736
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 9:39:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cliff and I had a back and forth on the comments section of my Badger debate. http://www.debate.org... He made increasingly egregious errors culminating in an attempt to use a holocaust website over a logic website to define a logical fallacy.

He then proceeded to troll over to my debate on anarchism and give an incredibly stupid RFD http://www.debate.org...

His last words on the Badger thread were "Debate then".

So lets debate. http://www.debate.org...

Its been up for about a day now and I've gotten no response. I also PMed him and got no response. He's pulling a Mirza and ignoring the challenge because he knows he'll lose badly. He can't admit he's wrong because he's so desperate to save face.

Long story short, Cliff is a troll. Never take him seriously. He can't argue to save his life but does it anyway because he has a huge unsubstantiated ego. He boosts his win record by debating other trolls and noobs. http://www.debate.org... http://www.debate.org... http://www.debate.org...

He has time to waste rebutting jewish conspiracy theories but no time to debate me? Yeah. Sure.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 10:18:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I vaguely recall trying to debate you on a direct statement you made in the forums, which you refused to do because you knew you would lose and so you tried to backpedal and renegotiate. Does that make you a troll?
Sieben
Posts: 2,736
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 10:23:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/23/2011 10:18:50 AM, nonentity wrote:
I vaguely recall trying to debate you on a direct statement you made in the forums, which you refused to do because you knew you would lose and so you tried to backpedal and renegotiate. Does that make you a troll?

I vaguely recall that we sorted that out. If you take one possible meaning of what I said, then it is false. I admitted it was false. If you take another possible meaning, the intended meaning, then it is true. You said you were okay with it.

Cliff has never admitted he is wrong.

I have also didn't retaliate against you by irrationally voting you down in your debates.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 10:23:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/23/2011 10:18:50 AM, nonentity wrote:
I vaguely recall trying to debate you on a direct statement you made in the forums, which you refused to do because you knew you would lose and so you tried to backpedal and renegotiate. Does that make you a troll?

Sieben: "Whoops. I just realized I actually did say that stereotypes are largely true. I thought I'd come out and admit the mistake so you wouldn't have to go through the time and anguish of proving it to me."

nonentity: "You know what? Water under the bridge. I get what you're saying. As long as you admit that you were wrong about the statement that stereotypes are largely true, because that's what pissed me off. We're cool.

I just hope you understand what you're doing when you perpetuate racist jokes... there's a fine line between funny and completely offensive."

Sounds like he backed out of the debate because he realized and admitted he misspoke, and his original statement was wrong. Seems silly to debate after that.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 10:29:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/23/2011 10:23:09 AM, Sieben wrote:
At 5/23/2011 10:18:50 AM, nonentity wrote:
I vaguely recall trying to debate you on a direct statement you made in the forums, which you refused to do because you knew you would lose and so you tried to backpedal and renegotiate. Does that make you a troll?

I vaguely recall that we sorted that out. If you take one possible meaning of what I said, then it is false. I admitted it was false. If you take another possible meaning, the intended meaning, then it is true. You said you were okay with it.

Cliff has never admitted he is wrong.


Oh okay. My mistake.

I have also didn't retaliate against you by irrationally voting you down in your debates.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 11:25:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Someone trolling you does not make the person a troll to the site. You're a very trollable person, almost irresistable to those with latent troll abilities.
Sieben
Posts: 2,736
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 12:29:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/23/2011 11:25:25 AM, innomen wrote:
Someone trolling you does not make the person a troll to the site. You're a very trollable person, almost irresistable to those with latent troll abilities.

Yes. I agree I am a very trollable person.

I think Cliff is a troll to more than just me. His PoE debate shows how incompetent/trolly he is.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 10:56:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Funny how one "pulls a Mirza" (thanks, good idiom) because he refuses to debate an idiotic topic. More funny how pulling a Mirza constitutes refusing to debate when the one who invented this phrase pulled out from the exact same challenge he proposed to others, but that time he was the one being challenged.

Sieben: Here I'll help you - you're retarded.
Mirza: I'd like to see you debate that.
Sieben: Need your psychiatric evaluation scores :)
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 10:58:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Out of the thread by the way. Sieben's posts are dull, not bothering reading his thread again.

By the way Sieben, I do enjoy your singing.
Sieben
Posts: 2,736
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 11:12:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 10:56:28 AM, Mirza wrote:
Funny how one "pulls a Mirza" (thanks, good idiom) because he refuses to debate an idiotic topic.

How is the topic idiotic? If it is stupid it is because Cliff's RFD is totally unserious.

More funny how pulling a Mirza constitutes refusing to debate when the one who invented this phrase pulled out from the exact same challenge he proposed to others, but that time he was the one being challenged.

Nice grammar. Maybe if the one who was the one who refused to not debate the one who invented the phrase proposed the exact same challenge proposed to others the one who the one is talking about is talking about, he'd tell you to shove it.

Sieben: Here I'll help you - you're retarded.
Mirza: I'd like to see you debate that.
Sieben: Need your psychiatric evaluation scores :)

Do you have them? Here i'll help you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

You know you're desperate for arguments when you have to intentionally misconstrue figurative speech :D
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Sieben
Posts: 2,736
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 11:14:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 11:12:31 AM, Sieben wrote:

You know you're desperate for arguments when you have to intentionally misconstrue figurative speech :D

Sieben: You're a retard
Mirza/Cliff: I'm not *literally* a retard.
Sieben: If you say so.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 11:15:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't think Clif reads the debate. With my debate he gave my opponent the convincing argument vote where I obviously won.
kfc