Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

How Should I Deal With My Hippie Friends?

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 9:17:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My Hippie friends are Anti-GMO and no matter how many scientific and logical Pro-GMO arguments I source they continue to hold an ridiculous Anti-GMO stance.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 9:28:29 PM
Quote the narrator from the Conan the Barbarian movie - when asked to throw down his sword and return to the earth "time enough for the earth in the grave". ^^

Also should be done in Arnie voice.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 9:52:39 PM
Call them bigots.

A hippie would surely hate that.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Steelerman6794
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 9:53:24 PM
At 6/4/2011 9:17:45 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
My Hippie friends are Anti-GMO and no matter how many scientific and logical Pro-GMO arguments I source they continue to hold an ridiculous Anti-GMO stance.

This isn't like convincing your friends that the earth isn't flat. GMO's is hardly a black and white issue with obvious intellectual high ground. While you bombard them with "many scientific and logical Pro-GMO arguments," have you considered any anti-GMO arguments they have offered? There are many good ones after all.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 10:04:11 PM

literally everyone in the city is all about organic. Lol let the idiots waste their money.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 10:37:28 PM
At 6/4/2011 10:36:04 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
The National guardsmen at Kent State had a very effective method of dealing with hippies.

Cartmen had a far more effective method.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 11:11:30 PM
At 6/4/2011 9:52:39 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Call them bigots.

A hippie would surely hate that.

This. People HATE being called bigots because most think it's an insult reserved for racists, misogynists, and homophobes.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 9:29:28 PM
Obviously, you should invite them to DDO!

Many people have unquestionable beliefs. They are every bit leaps of faith like religious leaps of faith. Once you have identified beliefs in that category, don't discuss it any more. "You cannot teach a pig to sing. It just annoys the pig, and it's unpleasant to the spectators." So move on to some other topic. Having an unquestionable belief on one thing does not mean that all topics are closed.
islandkid24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 7:38:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/4/2011 10:36:04 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
The National guardsmen at Kent State had a very effective method of dealing with hippies.

I would rather spend more money on good food then spend my money on the health insurance and hospital visits i would need by eating bad food....
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 3:30:12 PM
I like whoppers.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2014 9:42:45 PM

force them into the vietnam war

wait wut
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 4:03:19 PM
The only thing you will achieve hanging with hippies is a life of living in poverty and a criminal record filled with drug possession charges.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 4:41:57 PM
I have never been entirely convinced GMOs are a net positive good... thank eff for all these armchair scientists to tell me what a bigoted idiot I've been.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
BasicLogic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 1:41:04 AM
Engage In hour long debate sessions with them. They must use credible sources as logical answers. You both each have to write down the pros/cons of Gmos. Each side tries to debunk the other. Last man standing wins. If either of you drop out, the other wins. Just basically have a giant debate. If you create a good argument that crushes him and he still refuses to accept it, call him closed minded and ill logical. Making references of him to other stubborn people will help to "The earth is flat".

(Don't forget to mention that we have been genetically engineering plants through selective breeding for the past thousands of years)
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 8:38:32 AM
At 4/28/2014 1:41:04 AM, BasicLogic wrote:
Engage In hour long debate sessions with them. They must use credible sources as logical answers. You both each have to write down the pros/cons of Gmos. Each side tries to debunk the other. Last man standing wins. If either of you drop out, the other wins. Just basically have a giant debate. If you create a good argument that crushes him and he still refuses to accept it, call him closed minded and ill logical. Making references of him to other stubborn people will help to "The earth is flat".

(Don't forget to mention that we have been genetically engineering plants through selective breeding for the past thousands of years)

gmos still aren't completely safe
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
BasicLogic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 12:02:05 PM
At 4/28/2014 8:38:32 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Neither is walking across the street, although Gmo's still need some more study. Meanwhile, hey won't give you cancer
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 3:28:40 PM
At 4/28/2014 12:02:05 PM, BasicLogic wrote:

Neither is walking across the street, although Gmo's still need some more study. Meanwhile, hey won't give you cancer

yeah and neither do most "natural" products
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
BasicLogic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2014 6:14:22 PM
At 4/28/2014 3:28:40 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/28/2014 12:02:05 PM, BasicLogic wrote:

yeah and neither do most "natural" products
True