Jump to topic:

Dealing with the opposite gender.

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 9:48:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have noticed a lot of threads in the personal section addressing how to treat females and whether or not to hit them etc etc... (thanks interrogator..).

So lets get our opinions out there.

When do you feel it is OK to hit women?
Is it unfair that men always pay for the dates?
Are women squandering all they have gained with gender equality?
Do men have more ambition than men?

Its time for both men and women to bring their opinions to the table! Post!
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 9:50:38 PM
At 6/5/2011 9:48:27 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

When one has a knife to your throat.

No.

KFC

Wut?

POOOOOOOOP!!!!
kfc
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 9:56:44 PM
1. Equal rights, equal fights
2. Want it to be fair? Then pick up half the tab.
3. Definitely, women degrade themselves to try to fit in to the western culture.
4. In my experience, there is much more variation in achievement levels in men. Men are usually really smart or really stupid. Women are usually somewhere in between, with some exceptions. Women nowadays are giving up their ambitions in search of a supporting husband, which is bad. Women can sit around spending their hard working husband's money all day, and when the husband asks his wife to make him a sandwhich, she divorces him and takes half the money and the kids. That doesnt seem fair!

Thats my take on it.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 10:08:09 PM
Man or woman, ideally, I'd say that you hit them in self defense... However, if a woman were to throw things at a man, hit him with a yardstick, and the guy retaliated by smackin' the bitch... The guy is the one who is going to jail for domestic abuse.

In Illinois, the domestic abuse laws are ESPECIALLY fvcked up, and rigged.

Men don't always pay for the dates. Any woman who expects or demands a guy to pay for the date should be dumped immediately after muff diving.

Women haven't squandered anything with gender equality. There isn't gender equality. They've effectively taken over. It is easier for women to get jobs, the law tends to take the side of the woman, and if they want to have sex, it is a lot easier for a woman to get laid than a man(because men will pretty much bone anything with a squishy hole on it.. Women only have to worry about getting pregnant.). Hell, women got it made, and they still b!tch. If they were to decide to become a fat stupid lazy housewife and let a man work for them, that would totally be ok even, but if a guy does the same thing... Well, you know, the old gender roles still linger in the minds of the people.

As for the ambition levels of men and women.. I couldn't tell you. Even if women are more ambitious, they have these little things buried deep inside them called "ovaries" which a lot use as some kind of license to be total bitches. At the same time, society tends to put ideas into the heads of women that make them turn out REALLY fuggin' stupid. Don't get me wrong, guys are really fuggin' stupid too, but who do you think is going to be more mentally equipped to succeed? The girl who was told she was a princess her entire childhood, or the boy who was constantly told "If ya was worth a sh!t, you'd *insert random household chore or piece of life advice*".
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 10:15:49 PM
Personally, id feel like a jerk not paying for my date. Of course, we are more polite than y'all yankees! I haven't met a girl who has been like, OMG YOU PAID FOR ME! EQUAL RIGHTS NOW! I HATE YOU!

The person who asks the person out should pay, and 9/10 that is the guy.
kfc
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 10:16:07 PM
When restraining them is not effective enough and you risk being beaten up. Usually though it should just be easy enough to restrain them. I mean during tickle fights with my girlfriend I can restrain her with one hand. Now obviously it would be more difficult with punching and kicking but really not too much. I don't really think most guys should ever need to hit a woman even if she is beating on you, you should be able to restrain her easy enough. Again exceptions for hulk like women and weaker smaller panzy guys.
Not really. I mean in the end it doesn't really matter. Once you've found the right gal finances will be mixed when you get married. It's also good because you get to find out what type of girl you're getting and what her spending habits are like.

Since when have women been equal lol? For reals though despite all this bullcrap about gender equality, the only real result is sexual harassment lawsuits of which a large portion are being abused by women.
Do women have more ambition than men?
No, I'd say much less ambition. But you'd have to define ambition. Women don't know crap about finances (proven fact) are less likely to ask for a raise (proven fact).
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 10:19:22 PM
It is true though that its much easier for women to get jobs, same as minorities. The person who has the hardest time getting a job is a white male.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 11:26:56 PM
In my line of work (school work :D) the majority of women just dont give a turd about anything 'cept gettin a boyfriend and getting him to buy her clothes....so even though the guys are the ones crashing cars, they are also the ones getting As (not the same people of course).
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 11:27:51 PM
At 6/5/2011 10:19:22 PM, askbob wrote:
It is true though that its much easier for women to get jobs, same as minorities. The person who has the hardest time getting a job is a white male.

Dam my pigment levels!
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 12:16:40 AM
It is "fair" to hit a woman when she hit you first and with equal force, like any other person.
It is "smart" to hit a woman..never.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 10:51:38 PM
At 6/6/2011 12:16:40 AM, FREEDO wrote:
It is "fair" to hit a woman when she hit you first and with equal force, like any other person.
It is "smart" to hit a woman..never.

You never know what type of woman you be dealin with...she might have a shotgun in her shirt, or maybe a set of teeth that bite like a wolf...that will rip your throat out.
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 11:12:17 PM
I have noticed a lot of threads in the personal section addressing how to treat females and whether or not to hit them etc etc... (thanks interrogator..).

That depends on how physically threatening said individual is. I am pretty nonviolent and would only strike someone (as opposed to restraining, pushing away, or running away) if I thought they could actually hurt me if didn't. The majority of (unarmed) women probably don't fall into the category of dangerous individuals. That said, I don't apply different rules based on gender alone, I'm just generally a wuss.

Not if they agree to it, obviously. I generally don't follow that rule because I like to think that my company means something more than a free meal, but it's not a big deal.

I have no idea what this means. Women don't act as a group so this is kind of nonsensical. Men and women are different and cannot be equal any more than peanut butter and jelly or frogs and toads are equal, so the whole idea of "equality" is a misunderstanding. If we take "equality" to simply mean "not systematically discriminating on the basis of sex when sex is not a relevant factor" it becomes readily apparent that this kind of equality is more rational and will lead to greater achievement and production of wealth. I am in favor of that, but not the dangerous notion that egalitarianism is in itself good.

No because that's impossible. If you mean, "Do men have more ambition than women?" than I don't know how you would measure that, but it seems to be true overall. It could be attributed to a number of sociobiological factors, but as far as I am concerned such issues are curiosities for the science of psychology and aren't relevant in most situations. There is significant variance amount individuals and the traits of populations are not all that important as far as I am concerned. This is certainly not true in the sense that "men are taller than women."

Okay.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 12:14:05 AM

Well, as a general rule no. The ol' "Husband can belt his wife around" business is ridiculous. However, in self-defence definitely. Women are physically weaker (in general) so I give them a level of immunity to physical retaliation, but not a complete one.

Haha, no.

Save for a few bad egg feminists, I think modern women are awesome.

There is no certainty here. You can completely unambitious men and uber ambitious women. However, in general, I'd say men are more driven to compete than women.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 12:26:53 AM

Whenever I'm angry and there aren't any young children within reach.

No

No

Are dogs smarter than dogs?
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 12:39:38 AM
At 6/7/2011 12:26:53 AM, quarterexchange wrote:

Whenever I'm angry and there aren't any young children within reach.

This made me laugh.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 1:04:31 AM
I threw a woman to the mat several times today, choked her once with her clothing and several times with my legs. But I didn't hit her, that would have been wrong of me. ^_^
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2011 11:32:41 AM
At 6/7/2011 1:04:31 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I threw a woman to the mat several times today, choked her once with her clothing and several times with my legs. But I didn't hit her, that would have been wrong of me. ^_^

Glad to see there are some gentlemen left in today's world.
kfc