Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

what path to follow to a being president?

mauricio2
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 10:25:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
when is the last time you have heard a kid say " i want to be president!" or "i want to make a change in this country for the better"? well in this society i havent heard one kid say that. im 15, i consider myself to be a democrat and i belive i can do it.but there is still much more for me to learn and understand and i will cause i want more action in this country taken , cause i belive we can do better! sorry for the bad spelling im in a rush!
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 10:31:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Has someone in your family been President?
Are you going to attend an elite University?
Have you ever done cocaine?

Oh wait, you're an atheist. Nevermind.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 10:39:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wouldn't vote for you. Sorry :(
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
mauricio2
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 12:02:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 10:39:45 AM, phantom wrote:
I wouldn't vote for you. Sorry :(

look i havent shown my full potential on this website. i want to be president cause i belive we can do better then what we are doing now, if i get elected , it wont be a victory of party or even a victory for my self, but for the american people. i want what people belive is right for this country, i belive in everything that will help this country advance and what will be better for the people and what would benefit our government. dont vote based on who i am but vote on what is best for the country cause thats what we need and if you feel my opponent will be better for the country then you do that.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 12:06:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 12:02:53 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
At 6/9/2011 10:39:45 AM, phantom wrote:
I wouldn't vote for you. Sorry :(

look i havent shown my full potential on this website. i want to be president cause i belive we can do better then what we are doing now, if i get elected , it wont be a victory of party or even a victory for my self, but for the american people. i want what people belive is right for this country, i belive in everything that will help this country advance and what will be better for the people and what would benefit our government. dont vote based on who i am but vote on what is best for the country cause thats what we need and if you feel my opponent will be better for the country then you do that.

And you support Obama.......
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 12:16:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 10:31:55 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Has someone in your family been President?
Are you going to attend an elite University?
Have you ever done cocaine?

Oh wait, you're an atheist. Nevermind.

He's catholic .......
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 12:51:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 12:16:44 PM, phantom wrote:
At 6/9/2011 10:31:55 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Has someone in your family been President?
Are you going to attend an elite University?
Have you ever done cocaine?

Oh wait, you're an atheist. Nevermind.

He's catholic .......

Oh good, he learned! He must have changed his religious beliefs when he realized they were unelectable. Well done.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 1:00:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Elite university, like others have said. Actually be careful of where you get into politics. Starting on a city council may seem like a good idea, but that will actually prevent you for suceeding. Since it will require you to move up slowly, focus on small local issues rather than large ones, and take up a lot of your time.

What is best is while in college, be politically active and cozy up to an existing governer or congressman and try to get appointed somewhere within. Then, wait for an opening and run for election. Also, having a small business on the side so you can claim to be an entrepeneur would be helpful.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 1:32:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unless you have social connections, I don't think you have a chance to go to an elite university. No offense, but you don't seem to be smart. Your grammar and spelling is atrocious. Not to mention your debaters aren't that good.

Wow, that was mean of me.

A lot of people have a desire to become president some day, but very few people actually make it.

Also: are you popular and well liked in school? That's a prerequisite. Becoming a president is all about social networking. See, that's why politicians snorted cocaine in college even though they still are against the war on drugs. That's what all the cool kids in college did. And once they are running, they realize the averge person is against drugs, so they say they are against drugs.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
mauricio2
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 1:51:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 1:32:34 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Unless you have social connections, I don't think you have a chance to go to an elite university. No offense, but you don't seem to be smart. Your grammar and spelling is atrocious. Not to mention your debaters aren't that good.

Wow, that was mean of me.

A lot of people have a desire to become president some day, but very few people actually make it.

Also: are you popular and well liked in school? That's a prerequisite. Becoming a president is all about social networking. See, that's why politicians snorted cocaine in college even though they still are against the war on drugs. That's what all the cool kids in college did. And once they are running, they realize the averge person is against drugs, so they say they are against drugs.

im only 15 , sorry i dont have perfect grammar and infact yeah im one of the well known populaur kids in my school . i've beat nerds and losers from becoming class president in middle school and eventually winning. i have amazing people skills and i am highly socialy involved with everyone and i gave them what they wanted in middle school year. i dont do drugs,personaly i have tried them but i didnt like them and anyways i think it should be a person's choice to do drugs not ours.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 2:11:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 1:51:24 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
im only 15 , sorry i dont have perfect grammar and infact yeah im one of the well known populaur kids in my school . i've beat nerds and losers from becoming class president in middle school and eventually winning. i have amazing people skills and i am highly socialy involved with everyone and i gave them what they wanted in middle school year. i dont do drugs,personaly i have tried them but i didnt like them and anyways i think it should be a person's choice to do drugs not ours.

So then at least you have a chance to run, at least locally. However, like others have stated, you need to get into an elite university. In order to do that, you need to get good grades, or have connections. Do you have any of those?

I mean, you can suck up to teachers and copy other people's homework. Hell, you can even pay people to do reports for you. However, you still need a decent SAT score to get into an elite university(unless you have connections). But even with connections, you have to have at least decent grades and SAT scores. At least in the 600 range.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 2:27:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, if you came to this website to "learn how to debate in order to become president", then this isn't the right site. This site will actually cause you to develop radical views. It will teach you logic, which will not get you elected in politics.

Any debate to run for office isn't a real debate. It's just a way for politicians to give good soundbites and voice how they will make the world a better place. They aren't based on logic.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
mauricio2
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 2:36:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 2:27:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Also, if you came to this website to "learn how to debate in order to become president", then this isn't the right site. This site will actually cause you to develop radical views. It will teach you logic, which will not get you elected in politics.

Any debate to run for office isn't a real debate. It's just a way for politicians to give good soundbites and voice how they will make the world a better place. They aren't based on logic.

no man. i use this website to see other peoples views, to understand them ant to share my views. i go on this website to talk about politics cause ther many experts on this website that know so much and also today in society,no one my age could two craps about politics,no one my age cares.well atleast where i live.im on this website to understand peoples views and so far i have learned quite a bit.
Charles0103
Posts: 523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 6:18:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 10:25:13 AM, mauricio2 wrote:
when is the last time you have heard a kid say " i want to be president!" or "i want to make a change in this country for the better"? well in this society i havent heard one kid say that. im 15, i consider myself to be a democrat and i belive i can do it.but there is still much more for me to learn and understand and i will cause i want more action in this country taken , cause i belive we can do better! sorry for the bad spelling im in a rush!

Ok, bruh, I'm not going to lie. I'm going into politicis, too. Maybe I'm gonna get the Whitehouse. I dunno. It's tough; there's a TON of kids like me and you. Here's what I believe you have to be to have it, and this is my guidline that I'm going to follow.

Popularity-- Be cool! People need to like you and love being around you. Be charismatic and smile a lot.

Be smart-- Read, study, do your homework. Know what you're talking about. Based on your debates and grammar, I think you need to work on this. Also, be witty. Be prepared to answer weird questions at weird times. I can do this without batting an eyelid.

Starting young-- Do speeches at school (and do them well). At this point, whenever someone gives a speech from our school, my principal, vice principal, and teachers always select me. I'm a great public speaker. Run for elected office in school. I'm a Senator in my student council now. I'll run for president next year, I think.

College-- Harvard, Yale, Princeton, any other elite school. Best way to get in is with grades, or money. Fortunately, I have a 4.0 grade point, and my family has enough money to get me into a big university. There, you make contacts and stuff.

Contacts-- Get to know your governor/congressman. Help out on his election staff, and when elected, get a position. When he moves up/retires or there's another open position, run for election. He should endorse you (hopefully he's a good homework.)

Fortunately, I have all of these qualities. All of my teachers, friends, etc. know that I'm going to be one heck of a politician. That's just what I'm meant to be in life.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 6:22:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 6:18:32 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
At 6/9/2011 10:25:13 AM, mauricio2 wrote:
when is the last time you have heard a kid say " i want to be president!" or "i want to make a change in this country for the better"? well in this society i havent heard one kid say that. im 15, i consider myself to be a democrat and i belive i can do it.but there is still much more for me to learn and understand and i will cause i want more action in this country taken , cause i belive we can do better! sorry for the bad spelling im in a rush!

Ok, bruh, I'm not going to lie. I'm going into politicis, too. Maybe I'm gonna get the Whitehouse. I dunno. It's tough; there's a TON of kids like me and you. Here's what I believe you have to be to have it, and this is my guidline that I'm going to follow.

Popularity-- Be cool! People need to like you and love being around you. Be charismatic and smile a lot.

Be smart-- Read, study, do your homework. Know what you're talking about. Based on your debates and grammar, I think you need to work on this. Also, be witty. Be prepared to answer weird questions at weird times. I can do this without batting an eyelid.

Starting young-- Do speeches at school (and do them well). At this point, whenever someone gives a speech from our school, my principal, vice principal, and teachers always select me. I'm a great public speaker. Run for elected office in school. I'm a Senator in my student council now. I'll run for president next year, I think.

College-- Harvard, Yale, Princeton, any other elite school. Best way to get in is with grades, or money. Fortunately, I have a 4.0 grade point, and my family has enough money to get me into a big university. There, you make contacts and stuff.

Contacts-- Get to know your governor/congressman. Help out on his election staff, and when elected, get a position. When he moves up/retires or there's another open position, run for election. He should endorse you (hopefully he's a good homework.)

Fortunately, I have all of these qualities. All of my teachers, friends, etc. know that I'm going to be one heck of a politician. That's just what I'm meant to be in life.

I don't have the heart to crush you either.
Charles0103
Posts: 523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 6:25:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 6:22:36 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 6/9/2011 6:18:32 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
At 6/9/2011 10:25:13 AM, mauricio2 wrote:
when is the last time you have heard a kid say " i want to be president!" or "i want to make a change in this country for the better"? well in this society i havent heard one kid say that. im 15, i consider myself to be a democrat and i belive i can do it.but there is still much more for me to learn and understand and i will cause i want more action in this country taken , cause i belive we can do better! sorry for the bad spelling im in a rush!

Ok, bruh, I'm not going to lie. I'm going into politicis, too. Maybe I'm gonna get the Whitehouse. I dunno. It's tough; there's a TON of kids like me and you. Here's what I believe you have to be to have it, and this is my guidline that I'm going to follow.

Popularity-- Be cool! People need to like you and love being around you. Be charismatic and smile a lot.

Be smart-- Read, study, do your homework. Know what you're talking about. Based on your debates and grammar, I think you need to work on this. Also, be witty. Be prepared to answer weird questions at weird times. I can do this without batting an eyelid.

Starting young-- Do speeches at school (and do them well). At this point, whenever someone gives a speech from our school, my principal, vice principal, and teachers always select me. I'm a great public speaker. Run for elected office in school. I'm a Senator in my student council now. I'll run for president next year, I think.

College-- Harvard, Yale, Princeton, any other elite school. Best way to get in is with grades, or money. Fortunately, I have a 4.0 grade point, and my family has enough money to get me into a big university. There, you make contacts and stuff.

Contacts-- Get to know your governor/congressman. Help out on his election staff, and when elected, get a position. When he moves up/retires or there's another open position, run for election. He should endorse you (hopefully he's a good homework.)

Fortunately, I have all of these qualities. All of my teachers, friends, etc. know that I'm going to be one heck of a politician. That's just what I'm meant to be in life.

I don't have the heart to crush you either.

Haha, go ahead. I don't think you understand that I'm a smart, handsome, guy with money who can speak very well.

But seriously go ahead, tell me what I'm missing.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 7:23:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 10:25:13 AM, mauricio2 wrote:
when is the last time you have heard a kid say " i want to be president!" or "i want to make a change in this country for the better"? well in this society i havent heard one kid say that. im 15, i consider myself to be a democrat and i belive i can do it.but there is still much more for me to learn and understand and i will cause i want more action in this country taken , cause i belive we can do better! sorry for the bad spelling im in a rush!

You're a Libertarian for Barack Obama?

I'm not sure that you know what a Libertarian is.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mauricio2
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 7:24:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
well honestly , i get good grades and im realy well known in school but my family is no rich family , i never met my dad and my mom makes crappy pay working at a BP gastation and she raises me and my brother alone . i dont know if i will make it to a huge fancy university so thats why i just want to study in the military. but hey thank's man i'll see you around in the political field in the next generation of politicians.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 7:24:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 1:51:24 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
i've beat nerds and losers
...
i have amazing people skills
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mauricio2
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 7:26:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 7:24:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/9/2011 1:51:24 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
i've beat nerds and losers
...
i have amazing people skills

hahaha propaganda much?
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 3:06:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 7:26:29 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
At 6/9/2011 7:24:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/9/2011 1:51:24 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
i've beat nerds and losers
...
i have amazing people skills

hahaha propaganda much?

Not exactly.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 6:26:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 6:25:42 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
At 6/9/2011 6:22:36 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 6/9/2011 6:18:32 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
At 6/9/2011 10:25:13 AM, mauricio2 wrote:
when is the last time you have heard a kid say " i want to be president!" or "i want to make a change in this country for the better"? well in this society i havent heard one kid say that. im 15, i consider myself to be a democrat and i belive i can do it.but there is still much more for me to learn and understand and i will cause i want more action in this country taken , cause i belive we can do better! sorry for the bad spelling im in a rush!

Ok, bruh, I'm not going to lie. I'm going into politicis, too. Maybe I'm gonna get the Whitehouse. I dunno. It's tough; there's a TON of kids like me and you. Here's what I believe you have to be to have it, and this is my guidline that I'm going to follow.

Popularity-- Be cool! People need to like you and love being around you. Be charismatic and smile a lot.

Be smart-- Read, study, do your homework. Know what you're talking about. Based on your debates and grammar, I think you need to work on this. Also, be witty. Be prepared to answer weird questions at weird times. I can do this without batting an eyelid.

Starting young-- Do speeches at school (and do them well). At this point, whenever someone gives a speech from our school, my principal, vice principal, and teachers always select me. I'm a great public speaker. Run for elected office in school. I'm a Senator in my student council now. I'll run for president next year, I think.

College-- Harvard, Yale, Princeton, any other elite school. Best way to get in is with grades, or money. Fortunately, I have a 4.0 grade point, and my family has enough money to get me into a big university. There, you make contacts and stuff.

Contacts-- Get to know your governor/congressman. Help out on his election staff, and when elected, get a position. When he moves up/retires or there's another open position, run for election. He should endorse you (hopefully he's a good homework.)

Fortunately, I have all of these qualities. All of my teachers, friends, etc. know that I'm going to be one heck of a politician. That's just what I'm meant to be in life.

I don't have the heart to crush you either.

Haha, go ahead. I don't think you understand that I'm a smart, handsome, guy with money who can speak very well.

But seriously go ahead, tell me what I'm missing.

Except, I actually think Charles has a much higher probability then mauricio2. Well, given that the probability is low anyways. Charles actually sounds like he knows what it takes to be a politician. Not necessarily a President though.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 6:49:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Joe Biden finished second to last in his class at SU. You do not need to go to an elite university, which is good because a 4.0 GPA will do basically nothing toward getting you in. You will also need something like a 2300 SAT score at least, and you will need to be unusually good at something not directly related to academics to distinguish you from the 10,000 other perfect students. Saying "I'm only 15" is not much of an excuse for bad writing (not to mention bad thinking). My brother is 15 and he can write a lot better than that, and he sure as hell isn't going to Harvard.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 6:53:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 6:18:32 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
College-- Harvard, Yale, Princeton, any other elite school. Best way to get in is with grades, or money. Fortunately, I have a 4.0 grade point, and my family has enough money to get me into a big university. There, you make contacts and stuff.

Unless your parents have enough money to put your name on a building and your 4.0 is actually from U Chicago, where you currently attend college as a math/biochem double major, neither of those things differentiate you from the tens of thousands of other people who are also applying.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 7:09:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago

Any debate to run for office isn't a real debate. It's just a way for politicians to give good soundbites and voice how they will make the world a better place. They aren't based on logic

Typical socialism trash from the elites. What we need is to get back to real american values, the value of family, the value of freedom and stop pandering to small interest groups. 911 !!! JESUS !!! Lower taxes !!! Stop wasteful government spending !!!

You mean like that ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12