Jump to topic:

is military university enough?

mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 12:35:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
after high school i want to join the navy or the air force and study political science will im in the military because i want to be a politician as i get out the military and run for state senate of california cause theres where i was born and raised.(currently living in florida)but eventtually want to run for president and many people say i have to come from a good! university, so my question is,would military university be enough?
mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 12:39:11 PM
At 6/9/2011 12:37:17 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
Don't bother. Do you like taking orders? If not, don't go. It's propaganda.

i love taking orders cause im good when im under someones command.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 12:39:51 PM
At 6/9/2011 12:39:11 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
At 6/9/2011 12:37:17 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
Don't bother. Do you like taking orders? If not, don't go. It's propaganda.

i love taking orders cause im good when im under someones command.

K. If you like doing 2500 pushups I day. For basic training. No, really.
Kfc.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 12:56:37 PM
How many times have we gone over this: you can't be an atheist and expect to be a politician. At least not in this day of age.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 12:59:53 PM
At 6/9/2011 12:56:37 PM, darkkermit wrote:
How many times have we gone over this: you can't be an atheist and expect to be a politician. At least not in this day of age.

Dude he changed his religious beliefs it's ok now. Catholics are kind of accepted.
mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 1:25:58 PM
At 6/9/2011 12:59:53 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Dude he changed his religious beliefs it's ok now. Catholics are kind of accepted.

so religion realy matter's that much? i think that's stupid but i guess this is how this world works.....imnot going to make a big deal about god and religion cause i realy dont care for it but i do respect peoples religous views.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 1:34:36 PM
At 6/9/2011 1:25:58 PM, mauricio2 wrote:

so religion realy matter's that much? i think that's stupid but i guess this is how this world works.....imnot going to make a big deal about god and religion cause i realy dont care for it but i do respect peoples religous views.

Lulz. Everything matters. If your running, your personal life is much more important then your actually qualifications. And then your political position has to be moderate. If you run on a radical platform, you won't have chance.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 2:44:16 PM
At 6/9/2011 1:25:58 PM, mauricio2 wrote:

You can fake it, the current president does.
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 6:08:07 PM
At 6/9/2011 12:35:28 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
after high school i want to join the navy or the air force and study political science will im in the military because i want to be a politician as i get out the military and run for state senate of california cause theres where i was born and raised.(currently living in florida)but eventtually want to run for president and many people say i have to come from a good! university, so my question is,would military university be enough?

It's up to you. I plan on going into politics, too. People like guys in the military, but whatever. I don't like taking orders and I don't like doing 2 million push ups a day. But, that's just me.

Isn't State Senator (even of California) to President a pretty big jump? Shouldn't you go from State Senate to National Senator/Representative or Governor to President?

And about religion, like these guys have pointed out, religion is the most important thing in people's lives. If you don't have the same religious beliefs as that person, they aren't going to vote for you. Sure, you could fake it, but whatever. Could you honestly look people in the eye and lie like that? (I know a bunch of people are going to say "that's what all politicians do, anyway")
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 7:32:10 PM
At 6/9/2011 6:08:07 PM, Charles0103 wrote:

It's up to you. I plan on going into politics, too. People like guys in the military, but whatever. I don't like taking orders and I don't like doing 2 million push ups a day. But, that's just me.

Isn't State Senator (even of California) to President a pretty big jump? Shouldn't you go from State Senate to National Senator/Representative or Governor to President?

And about religion, like these guys have pointed out, religion is the most important thing in people's lives. If you don't have the same religious beliefs as that person, they aren't going to vote for you. Sure, you could fake it, but whatever. Could you honestly look people in the eye and lie like that? (I know a bunch of people are going to say "that's what all politicians do, anyway")

hey i'm latino i was born being able to do that! just kidding lol i can do that it's just religion,nothing to stress about. if saying "i'm catholic" will help me get down the road i want to go then i'll do it in a heart beat
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 7:54:35 PM

Yes a military university (aka Federal Military Academy) would be enough, but good luck trying to get in. Each one (Air Force, Navy, Army) only accepts 1200-1500 or so cadets. And out of that 1200-1500 or so, only 700-900 make it through without quiting. Cadets don't get kicked out often, they quit because it is so mentally and physically challenging.

I got all this from my father. To give you some background, he graduated valedictorian out of a high school class of 900 other kids, he held down a part time job, he was a school senator, he participated in Cross Country and Track all four years, he was the president of Key Club, the Speech and Debate club and the Latin club, again President, not simply a member...... and graduated from the United States Air Force Academy smack in the middle of everyone else.

So good luck kid.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 7:57:32 PM
To give you some background, he graduated valedictorian out of a high school class of 900 other kids.

And several other of his fellow classmates ended up going to Standford, Harvard, and MIT.

Again, best of luck to you.
mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 8:01:20 PM
At 6/9/2011 7:57:32 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
To give you some background, he graduated valedictorian out of a high school class of 900 other kids.

And several other of his fellow classmates ended up going to Standford, Harvard, and MIT.

Thank you.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 8:03:58 PM
At 6/9/2011 8:01:20 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
At 6/9/2011 7:57:32 PM, quarterexchange wrote:

Thank you.

I'm just going to be blunt with you, if your plan on becoming some sort of politician rides on the notion that you will become accepted to a school like West Point or Annapolis, then you better get a different plan.
mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 8:10:31 PM
At 6/9/2011 8:05:29 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
Did you know that rightwingers shot and killed JFK because he liked to do it with old men?

what the hell man?