Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

How to ruin someone's dream?

Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 6:43:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In a nice way? Do you even try?

There is this guy I know whose main goal in life is to guard the President of the United States. He does nothing but talk about that, and whenever I tell him about getting another job he laughs and tells me that if he does that, the people said he couldn't accomplish his dream would be right. Now, I know it looks bad (when people tell others that they should go for their dreams) but is there a certain point where you have to tell them they can't? And how?

By the way, there is no way this guy can do it. He is already 27 and has a small criminal record.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 6:58:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tell him to start small and work his way up. Before he can guard the president, he has to guard a governor for several years, before guarding a governor, he has to guard a mayor, before guarding a mayor, he has to guard a city counciler, etc. So convince him to start with guarding a guinee pig or something.

Though if he is really adament, and you really want to help, maybe suggest that he start by being a mall cop or security guard somewhere. At least that will put food on his table and he can feel good that he is moving in the right direction.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 7:06:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
tell him that his goal should be to retire at the age of 45
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 9:08:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 6:43:03 PM, Koopin wrote:

By the way, there is no way this guy can do it. He is already 27 and has a small criminal record.

Become the president and give him the job.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 9:28:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 9:08:00 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/9/2011 6:43:03 PM, Koopin wrote:

By the way, there is no way this guy can do it. He is already 27 and has a small criminal record.

Become the president and give him the job.

Great idea!
kfc
Brainmaster
Posts: 1,603
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2011 9:31:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/9/2011 9:28:08 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 6/9/2011 9:08:00 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/9/2011 6:43:03 PM, Koopin wrote:

By the way, there is no way this guy can do it. He is already 27 and has a small criminal record.

Become the president and give him the job.

Great idea!

Ah, how I have been waiting for the Official KFC Department.
Kfc.